Bakersfield CA.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Bakersfield CA.

Postby whitefam5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Any plans for a camp out near Bakersfield CA?
whitefam5
Teardrop Builder

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Not yet, but if you want to plan one, say, anywhere bewteen Lake Isabella and Ojai, I'll attend!

Between the two of us, there'd be plenty of Coleman lantern light! :lol:

Are you on the CCF?

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby whitefam5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 pm

i was thinking of trying to get something together for the pine mountain area sometime late summer, my wife and i are almost done with the restore on our teardrop and hope to camp in it this summer. yes i am a member on the ccf but haven't been there for awhile.
whitefam5
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 pm

We are going camping wk days july 13,14,15 at the new KOA above Santa Paula
http://koa.com/campgrounds/ventura-ranch/snapshot/
for my birthday. IRG is every other year so next year and it falls on my birthday usually.

You are welcome to join us we have a new DO to try out. ;)

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Camp-out

Postby VW JIM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 am

We have a Trailorboat camp trailer and are planning on going to some vintage trailer camp-outs. We herd there is one up in Kernville on Halloween. Have not seen anything on it yet, but will watching for it. I just finished restoring my Trailorboat and always looking for (cool) places to camp, since it's so hot here in Bakersfield. We are going on a VW camp-out at Refugio State Beach in July and It's sold out, VW's and camping, what more could you ask for?
Jim
VW JIM
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Midget » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Jim,

We went to Rivernook campground this past October around halloween. It wasn't attended as much as other years but there were a few vintage trailers there. Jerry and Carolyn usually put on the evnt but they were not there so it may not have gotten the publicity it normally gets. We hope to make it up there again this year.

Bob
Midget
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello Bob. Jerry and Carolyn aren’t putting it on any more. Although they did take the MaxiTear up to Kernville a month or so ago but stayed at James Camp. Carolyn says after staying at James Camp, they'll never go back to RiverNook. It's a smaller campground but way more cleaner and all their sites are nice. It's right next door, check it out. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to South West