Wolf Creek camp out 2011...

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Wolf Creek camp out 2011...

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Here's some pics from the Wolf Creek Invitational camp out. We only have 12 spots to cram trailers in and this years event got filled at last years event since we made reservations from the campsite.

The elevation was 5K, temps in the lower 80's during the days, and low 40's at night...a way bright moon, kayaking, swimming, ladder ball, movie night, lots of eats as usual, and this year....a bear that made his presence known.

Since it's a group site and we are removed from the general public...no tours were needed, everyone knows everyone, and it's a "do what'cha want" type camp out.

On the way in...

Across the lake looking at the Desolation Wilderness.

Steve with his whipped cream can...after night 1...he left his cooler out, fortunately the bear didn't really work his cooler over....not so for Dan.

After the previous nights events with an Ursine visitor, Steve got the class lecture on cooler storage and the benefits of ammonia. I gotta admit....Steve had the courage to go after the bear with a flip flop...and hit it....we slept though it.

Dan got the lecture as well. Unfortunately, he lost a window on the shell on his truck from the bear pushing on it. Same bear came by the next night as well. Dan got out of his trailer armed with a BB gun in his underwear...don't know why he had a BB gun in his underwear, but that's what he had, try a flip flop next time Dan, seems to work.

A quick check on Buddy's bite radius, indicated that he wasn't responsible...Buddy's an incredibly large Yellow Lab...he slept through it all....he was proven innocent.

Steve, Patty and Donn

Donn and Donna

Campsite

In spite of transmission problems...Sue came up and showed her technique for Burning Man Hula Hoop doings...her transmission still works fine....it was the car that had the problem.

Jerome...fresh from Bonneville, brought the Jim Dandy by...he's always a hoot to camp with! The deer in the area will love it...Jerome's car and trailer dropped leftover Bonneville salt in the campsite. Thanks to you and Kevin for the T shirt!

Penny poses behind the Rocketear...

Kevin, George and my campsite.

Lee makes pineapple upside down cake.

Kevins pumpkin bread.

Dean and Joanie with Lil' Hog...Dean is about to be patched in!

It was tough....but he made it...awesome eats Dean!!!

AWDA group photo....past and new inductees...Congrats Sue, Dean/Joanie, Donn and Donna....you're in!

The exact numbers are still being debated...but it appears that Shelly and George were the dominate force in ladder ball....jury is still out on that though!

Bath time...the lake was cool, but once in...was fine...you really didn't have to get out because of the cold....According to the IR thermometer...it was 74.

Not shown...movie night, "Caddyshack" and lots of other campers as well as plenty of eats....Make sure you check out Deans outdoor cooking videos as he shot a couple of them while up there....Grilled peaches were awesome. Thanks to everyone that attended......While it was a pretty nice place to camp...it's the people that make a camp out.

If you got pics...post them here....thanks all, I had a great time, hope you did as well. Doug
Last edited by doug hodder on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Another great event Walking Eagle. :thumbsup: It could not have been a better week. Thanks for all the hospitality. 8)

And to everyone there...There's just not a better group to camp with. Thanks to you all. :applause: :applause:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Doug,

Sounds like you had a great time and a beautiful place to camp. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby bdosborn » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Doug,

Looks like great fun! :thumbsup:
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Gage » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Doug, you dog. And that's all I'm going to say. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Looks like a great campout.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm glad you all had fun. Thanks for sharing a little of it with your great narrative and pictures! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 pm

What a fabulous time Randy and I had a wolf creek again this year. The "do your own thing" but with friends that are like family is wonderful. Had a great time visiting with our new friends, and also napping and reading and bike riding. Oh and eating, and eating and eating. My stomach still hurts. thanks Doug for organizing again, and so sorry we missed the bears (a day late) since we were right next door to the campsite that had the visitors! And what fun watching Joanie and Dean make their videos. I look forward to Courtney and Roy's guest host! Sorry I don't have any pics to post. I took my camera, but never took it out, too busy just relaxing. Maybe Karen? Carry on new members of AWDA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whoops, make that "great camping with our pot-luck group with a teardrop trailer problem."
Last edited by nevadatear on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:38 pm

As a side note...while I don't have the official count on it ( a list was started)...we had a variety of cheeses from baked brie to velveeta, totaling something like 25+ varieties of cheese in various forms as well as a plethora of pork products, thanks to Courtney/Roy for the salad with the Quinoa in it, we needed a break! For me, a highlight was the 64 jalapeno poppers that George cooked up, we did 2 doses of them, stuffed with italian sausage, cream cheese, parmesan, and garlic, topped with bacon and baked in a DO! MMMMMM.....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby donn-donna » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks Doug for all the work in planning this great campout. Great area; great food; great people; great food; great fun; great food; great weather; great food (just way too much of it). And thanks for 'patching' us in to the American Waffle Dog Association. And the bear visit just added to the excitement. We knew something was going on outside but were chicken to open our door and found out in the morning that it was probably the smartest move we could have made. At least now we know that bears don't like veggies but love butter. :lol: :applause:
Teardrop hugs from Donna & Donn
donn-donna
Teardrop Builder

Postby Kevin A » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 pm

I finally made it home about an hour ago, got the trailer unhitched and the coolers unpacked. I'll deal with the rest tomorrow. I have to agree with all the comments posted about the gathering. I can't think of a better way to round out a vacation, good friends, good food and a great time.
Thanks go out to Doug, Steve and Mike for all their efforts, and everyone who attended. :thumbsup: :applause:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am

Doug, et. Al.--

We really appreciated the opportunity to spend time with a great bunch of people. I don't think I need to eat for a week! :shock: It was a gorgeous place and the weather was perfect. Caryn has already ordered a couple of "Caravan" books, thanks to Courtney.
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby tupelosue » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks for sharing the pics Doug! Glad you caught me smiling, I do it so rarely, ya know.

I had the best time, and glad I chanced driving up with the dicey transmission. Enjoyed every minute, even the 7 am housekeeping wake-up! The room service was a bit lacking...

You're so right about the people that make the trip worthwhile. Every person contributes something valuable to these gatherings.

Thanks to Doug and all those who worked to make this happen! Being a part of this particular 12-step group has definitely brought me much joy, and many pounds!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby dguff » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 am

Dittos to all the comments!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It was a great time.

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to South West