Redwoods Revisted - Sept. 16th-18th '05

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby tupelosue » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:49 am

does anybody remember lee making some(not-so) subtle remarks to us at the first redwood gathering about maybe some of us need to get a life because of all the time we spend on this forum??? this thread could be used as evidence!! I love how everybody is so willing and able and happy to chip in their 2 cents here. :D

'course i also notice lee chiming in here too....

:lol:

i'll be leaving napa early afternoon on friday and will watch for hordes (flocks? pods? gaggles? clouds?) of teardrops pouring in from hwy 20. i'll check all of the gas stations for gage!

see you for dinner 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:32 am

Yeap,
I remember Lee mentioning that.

tupelosue wrote:...hordes (flocks? pods? gaggles? clouds?) of teardrops

My .02 worth... A troupe of teardrops. (I'd say that Guy would be a good "go-to" guy on that one...)

BTW- I'm trying to get in touch with the people who have Pamplin rented out this weekend to see if we can set up another tour for folks who didn't make it to the Early Bird gathering.

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:33 pm

The weekend is approaching and the weather down in this neck of the woods has been very comfortable. Today, Wed., it is currently sunny and around 72 degrees at 11 am with enough humidity to make my class of 20 kids hot and sweaty after coming in from recess. The campground is about 10 minutes down the road from where I teach. Remember, in the redwoods it will be cooler, especially at nights. I'll be going down later this afternoon to do a site check and see what's currently open. When you come into the campground and pass the entrance kiosk continue down the road and take the left that indicates the start of the campsites. Our first choice sites will be down near the recycling and bathroom buildings (if they are open) and we'll try to create an "anchor" campsite (home base) in the number 20's area. Have a safe drive over--yeah, the trees are changing colors in some spots, especially if you come over 299. Otherwise, Humboldt is pretty much a "green" county
this time of year. See ya soon, Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby billnut » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm

:o Please save room for a Teardrop that's the same size as Sarg's
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:12 pm

Campsites Update #1

Joan went by the campground after school and there were only 3 campsites taken in the whole place.
One of them was #22. (The same one we didn't get last time)
She says that the folks are going to be in 22 through Saturday.
She has some stuff set up in the other sites we wanted and the folks in 22 would let other people know what's up, if anyone should happen to show up and want one of "our" sites. I'll be heading out there tomorrow morning and I hope to be able to wait for Doug and company before heading back into town to pick up my kids.
22 has always been a hard campsite to get and I'm not worried in the least, so please... Don't anyone worry about not getting a decent campsite, being too crowded or having a place big enough for your trailer.
I will post Campsites Update #2 tomorrow when I come into town.

Postby Lazybones » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:33 pm

tupelosue wrote:does anybody remember lee making some(not-so) subtle remarks to us at the first redwood gathering about maybe some of us need to get a life because of all the time we spend on this forum??? this thread could be used as evidence!! I love how everybody is so willing and able and happy to chip in their 2 cents here. :D

'course i also notice lee chiming in here too....

Ok Sue,

I try not to be anti social and see how I'm treated. ;)

I wouldn't value my "chipping in" at two cents though. More like one and a half cents .

Any way, I'm looking forward to the gathering.

Lee
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby doug hodder » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Us ElDorado county guys are also taking 5 to Williams and then 20 over to 101....lots of passing lanes on 20...and no hassles with logging trucks...only a couple of places (short) of construction....nothing longer than 5 min delay....We are leaving from Cameron Park at 6AM....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:32 am

Boy, don't have to kick me twice. :? Guess I'll run up 5 to 20 and then over to the 101. :)

Say Dean, do I need to bring up a generator to operate my 17" wide screen/DVD :QM :lol:

Have a good day, see you all Friday.

8)
P.S. Would you believe my boss wanted me to deliver a car to San Francisco tomorrow. I asked him if I could hook up the teardrop to the truck and then come back Monday. I thought it was a good idea. Go camping and make a little money at the same time.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:50 am

:D Ok I5 to 20 it is for us Old folks it is!
Sorry on the Old Sis :lol:
I promised Sis we would not drive 13 hours sooooo
we will get there early friday! Gosh retirment is fun! :thumbsup:
Bill :applause:
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:57 am

Gage wrote:Say Dean, do I need to bring up a generator to operate my 17" wide screen/DVD :QM

If you need AC.... YES.
Should I bring some movies and popcorn? :lol:
How about my kids video games?... Got some good Nascar race games. :rofl:
There are 10 rv sites along the main entrance road, which are nothing more than a parking spot with water and electricity. They are about 1/4 to 3/8 of a mile away from us though... Standard rv outlet. (Three curved prongs forming a cilcle)
Seriously, if you need electricity... Pat told me last time that we could stick a couple of trailers on the other side of the road in the day use picnic area right across from us and next to the bathrooms. I guess it wouldn't hurt to run an extension cord from the bathroom if need be.
Hey, I should be getting back out there a little earlier than I had planned on Friday. I'm hoping to get back out there between 4:00 and 4:30, so I'll at least have the BBQ fired up if you get there about 5:00... Might already even have your steak on too. (I hope you like the taste of smoke in your meat)
Make sure to bring a nice jacket for the evenings, it's been foggy at night these last couple of days... A Fog Crawler's Delight :thumbsup:
It's gonna be a fun weekend, looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm

Campsite Update #2

Same as last time...
18, 19, 20 and 21.... 18 being used for folks arriving in the dark.

Gage,
I checked the dimension between the trees up in campsite #20... just over 9' of clearence to get into the clearing. There are several other spots for the larger and wider teardrops also.

'06 Redwood Gathering Souvenirs Unveiled Today...

Got the first order of hats and coffee mugs in today; 24-all dark green brushed twill embroidered hats, 24-green brushed twill w/suade leather bill embroidered hats, 36- blue ceramic mugs and 36- green ceramic mugs. The hats say, "PAMPLIN GROVE 2006" on one side and, "INAUGURAL EVENT" on the other side. The heavy ceramic mugs are colored to look like the old enamel ware, a popular type of camping dishware in days gone by.
Available at Redwoods Revisted Gathering and will be available on pamplingrove.com shortly. :thumbsup:

See the rest of you out there!!!
Have a safe and happy drive.

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:32 am

Here it is 10:30pm and I'm ready to go. Have to print a couple of maps and I'm headed for bed. See you all tomorrow evening.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:49 pm

Weather Update
We have a fast moving system in our area. We're getting a few showers. It is expected to move through here in a couple of hours and there is a posibility of a few scattered showers this evening as well.
The rain started around noon today and the weather service has just released this short term forecast. This is our first rain of the season, so motorists need to use caution along the roadways.
If you haven't left yet, you might want to bring your easy ups.
The weather report says no rain for Saturday or Sunday.

SST Redwood Camp

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:29 pm

My friend Kathleen and I are going to SST it this weekend at Swimmer's Delight. The weather in October is still nice during the day, but cools down at night. I'm sure it will be very quiet without the teardrop clan. :(
Anyone able to come camp with us is welcome to join us for the last redwood run of the season. We'll be checking in this Thursday, 10/6 and try to get the riverview (22) campsite.

Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby tupelosue » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:15 pm

That site is the best!! hope you get it and have a lovely and quiet wknd. I'll be freezing my tush off at Dillon Beach. will miss you and all the lovely edibles that came from your campsite!!

sue :D
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South West