Redwoods Revisted - Sept. 16th-18th '05

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Leon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:06 am

I thought I'd joined this group a while ago but when I tried to get on tonight, I had to join as new. If I haven't officially introduced myself before (I may be having a senior moment LOL) , here it is.
After looking at different designs for 10 years, I finally decided to build my teardrop. We (My wife Sharon and I) plan on using it to get away for a relaxing weekend every once in a while and to go to car shows with one of our classic cars with the teardrop in tow. With the price of motels going up, the teardrop will be a comfortable way to travel without having to take out a loan to go to a show. We live in southern (almost) California in the high desert near China Lake Naval Air Warfare Center. Looking forward to meeting other teardroppers in the future.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:04 am

Hello Leon. It'll be good seeing you and the wife again. I'll be getting into Rivernook some time Thursday. Looking forward to seeing your tear up close. I'll have my tear with me (the Dalton needs some work), I'll be in space #435, down by the river. By the way, what ever happened to the 'Field & Stream'? (I think that's what it was) :thinking: They say it's a senior thing. :o

Have a good day and welcome to the board.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Leon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:47 am

The Field & Stream "became" the teardrop. I used a few parts from it when I built the teardrop, including the serial number.
We'll be arriving Friday, I have to wait for Sharon to get off work.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:50 am

Leon wrote:The Field & Stream "became" the teardrop. I used a few parts from it when I built the teardrop, including the serial number.
Well done. :thumbsup: How many trailers were up at the Fall Colors this year?

Have a good day, see you Friday.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:03 am

:D Well hope to meet Sharon and you Leon.Sis and I well be the Old Folks in 57 :lol: :lol:
And Gage bring your knife,fork,napkin. Sis and I
are going to practice D.O. O bring your own Rolades :lol: :lol:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:59 am

billnut wrote: And Gage bring your knife,fork,napkin. Sis and I
are going to practice D.O. O bring your own Rolades :lol: :lol:
Bill
Hey, I never leave home without them. :lol:

Have a good day and I'll see you all this weekend.

ImageStill camping in SoCal.
8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Leon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:16 pm

Gage wrote: How many trailers were up at the Fall Colors this year?

There were 6 total. That trip was the first that I towed out of town with the 54 Chevy, I handled it pretty well. Had a little suprize yesterday, I weighed the trailer and it came in at 1300 pounds loaded. A bit heavier than I had thought it would.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby billnut » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:41 pm

:D Ok you two what way is the best way to go from Simi Valley Bakersfield or Lancaster pulling TD with a PT Cruiser :?
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:02 pm

billnut wrote::D Ok you two what way is the best way to go from Simi Valley Bakersfield or Lancaster pulling TD with a PT Cruiser :?
Bill
Ok Bill, here you go. Now pay attention and take notes. :lol:
If I was you, I would go straight up I-5. When you get over the hill into the other valley bear right onto Wheeler Ridge Rd (just before the I-5 & 99 split) and continue north. It becomes rt 184 (Weedpatch hwy). Go under Hwy 58 and about another mile (or two) and turn right on Kern Canyon Rd. and head up into the canyon headed for Kernville. Oh and look out for that first right hand curve going into the canyon. Any ways, when you come into Lake Isabella turn left at rt 155 (that way to Kernville). You should be on the north side of the lake. Go thru Kernville and make a left turn at the stop sign. Then look for Rivernook RV on the left. Maybe about a mile or two. Got that? :?

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:33 pm

Hey Leon!!!! welcome aboard....great looking tear...'course I'm partial to the wood ones....I look forward to meeting you at a gathering here in the future....have you considered coming up to the Dam Gathering in 06? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Leon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:13 pm

doug hodder wrote:Hey Leon!!!! welcome aboard....great looking tear...'course I'm partial to the wood ones....I look forward to meeting you at a gathering here in the future....have you considered coming up to the Dam Gathering in 06? Doug

Thinking about it, have to check the calendar.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby Leon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 pm

billnut wrote::D Ok you two what way is the best way to go from Simi Valley Bakersfield or Lancaster pulling TD with a PT Cruiser :?
Bill
I personally hate the canyon so much that I'd go through Lancaster. Gage's way is quicker, however.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:43 am

For those of you who met Troy at the first redwoods trip, here's some pics of him, his wife Nong, and daughter Caterina. it was pretty cool to see them in Thailand. i spent one nite with them, enjoyed local cuisine (we had lunch at Big C, the equivalent of Costco) and had a thai massage at Nong's friends new spa. Nong and i have the same birthday!

troy said lee would like this pic of him eating pineapple upside down cake!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Lazybones » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:55 am

Sue,

Thanks for posting the pictures! Troy knows Pineapple upside down cake is my favorite; And he just has to rub it in that I did't get any. :cry:

He is here again and I spent the day with him yesterday. I think I will have to make a cake for myself now. :thumbsup:
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Previous

Return to South West