Hey Utah

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Well Sunny. That is the hard way to meet the local medical staff.

OUCH

I have never had a real bad incident while on the bike, but.......... Never know do we? Glad you are not to badly hurt. Maybe we can get some campout going for when you can get going.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Utah! I just finished watching "Motion's" (tv show) hike through the Escalante Monument, and slot canyons. Awesome! It would be cool to make a base camp somewhere near those locations for a hiking trip. A couple of weeks ago I went to Zion, and Bryce Canyons.

Can't wait to get back and spend more time exploring more of the terrain.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sunny16 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Cliff,
I went to Bryce at the first if the Spring. It is a real preety area and lots to see around it, too. I bet you got some great photos knowing you camera ability. Have you ever been to Goblin Valley? That has some interesting formations to see. Utah has such diverse landscapes, something different within an hour of travel any direction.
I would love to plan something for next year.

Bryan
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby cuyeda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:33 pm

sunny16 wrote:Cliff,
I went to Bryce at the first if the Spring. It is a real preety area and lots to see around it, too. I bet you got some great photos knowing you camera ability. Have you ever been to Goblin Valley? That has some interesting formations to see. Utah has such diverse landscapes, something different within an hour of travel any direction.
I would love to plan something for next year.

Bryan

Bryan, It would be nice to hook up and camp together again. It's been a while.

To keep within the thread topic, my vote is for Utah. My trip to Zion/Bryce with a large group was to structured. I look forward to visiting again on MY own time.

Here are my (tourist) photos, mostly of Bryce!
http://salsaholics.com/zionbryce/index.html

Also for everyone, a few good shows worth watching! I really like the Escalante slot canyons, and may be a more involved trip to plan.

http://livewellnetwork.com/Motion/7624634

So if there is a vote to get back to Zion, and or Bryce, count me in!
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby suckerpunched » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident Sunny,,,,,,been way to many this season, getting scarier every year. Hope you recover quickly and maybe nex year we can get together and do some camping
TC
If you see my harley on a trailer,,,,call the police cause it's being stolen...
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby AddOptions » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:49 am

If you are just looking for a great place to hang out together, try Payson Canyon. It's half of the scenic Nebo Loop and has all sorts of different scenery similar to Bryce, but not so far south. There are plenty of places where you can park a teardrop with no amenities and there are several campgrounds with water and restrooms.

If you want to go see the national parks, then camping near Bryce is your best bet. You are not more than a couple hours ride from everything in the south. Just set up your base camp and go.

In the north, Ogden has some nice places to camp. My uncle would live the whole summer in the canyon.

I guess it really depends on what you want to do; camp or see nature.
AddOptions
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:44 am

Nancy and I will be coming through Utah some time toward the end of May or June. We will be visiting with friends in SL and maybe attending the Wasatch Academy class reunion in Mt. Pleasant in June. So depending on when you plan on we might be able to swell the ranks just a bit.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Corwin C » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Welcome AddOptions ... the more the merrier.

I've never been to Payson Canyon ... drove by on I-15 a million times though. I'm game for about anywhere, let's pick a place and a date and I'll do my best to attend. A campable tear next spring is out of the question, but I do have a tent or a dilapidated TTT that would probably make it that far.

I'm perfectly happy boon-docking or a small, out of the way campground. Restrooms would be nice (would make the Mrs happy for sure). I'm not much of a fan of crowds though. Full facilities or none ... makes no difference to me.

I'm finding myself wondering if the reason that we're having such a challenge getting together because there are so many camping options in Utah. I rarely go more than 60-70 miles to go camping ... more often than not, less than 20 miles. It's the epitome of laziness ... heck it's 48 miles to the grocery store. Anyway, with my limited funding and lack of time I know that I need to plan ahead and make a conscious effort to go the extra few miles to attend. Is everyone else in a similar situation?

-------

Shadow Catcher,
I'd love to swing up to Mt.Pleasant and meet you and see the Compass Rose in person (assuming you're bringing her along). It's about a two hour drive, but from what I've seen and read here on the forum it would be worth it. SLC isn't out of the question either (would give the Mrs a chance to see her family too.) If we can get our act together and plan something you (and everyone else) are definitely invited.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Had to look up were Payson Canyon is on the map. Not that far from were I'm staying at the moment. Salt Lake City is now my new home. Still trying to find a house that meets our needs in our price range. Trailer is locked up in storage in West Jordan. But camping in the spring should be fun. Something to look forwards to, so count me in.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 am

Hey Wolfgang

Did not realize you was moving to happy valley.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am about 140 miles north westish from you. Be careful of West Jordon, my relatives might get ya.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Welcome

Postby suckerpunched » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Glad to see more TDers in the neighborhood :D
Be seeing ya'll this spring...
TC
If you see my harley on a trailer,,,,call the police cause it's being stolen...
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Randy,

Well we are almost neighbors now.
Renting an room in West Valley from a co-worker.
Still looking at houses and trying to get used to this cold (at least by my so cal standards)

Is it spring yet......
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 am

Wolfgang92025 wrote:Is it spring yet......

Oh my. Need to get you two down to the farm store for some insulated packs and insulated coveralls. Winter has yet to begin.

:D

Are you able to move your tools and such for teardrop building type of activities? I think I would almost die if I had to give up my tools. Even if I don't really use them as much as I should.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Randy,

Found a house I like today. It has 3 car garage, just like home. We will make an offer to buy it Monday.
IF it is good, all my stuff will have to be moved up here to Utah. Right now I still have a garage full in San Diego. Not looking forwards to moving it all.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Wow, 3 car garage. That will make a great little workshop.

8)

Wire a 50 amp 220 V plug in there, and a few 15 amp 220 V and i would be all set.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West