Towerfest Vintage Trailer Rally & Cruise Aug 17-19 2012

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby DragonFire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Great! It's going to be a good time!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I will also be at the Mojave Oasis gathering in April.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Oh, Lucky You!!!

I might go next year. Probably will. What a drive from Sacto, though. Drove to a scooter rally in Vegas through there a couple times...what a drive. Boring for the most part, then throw a dart at the weather dartboard..will it be snow? Dust storms?

Mohave Oasis. Tikiyaki fan? I'm sure Jim will have his custom van, 'Big Bamboo' out there...

Wish I could go this year... :(
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Site changed from 330 to 286 for some reason my wife wanted a different site and she nor I have ever been there. :thinking:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

emiller wrote:Site changed from 330 to 286 for some reason my wife wanted a different site and she nor I have ever been there. :thinking:

She just didn't want to be close to us. Boy we'll remember that. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:20 pm

She said that she wanted to be closer to the restroom and pool. 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Hmmm...you just sold your teardrop, so I'm thinking you want to be with the big trailers...that's right, you have dumped us as friends!

Gage and I will remember that. Gotta watch out for those with AZ plates. The heat makes them crazy, you know. :lol:

I guess that's my excuse...used to live at 40th St and Camelback in PHX!

Dang..we wanted to be near the bathroom!!! Gage wanted to be near it too!!

I couldn't get any spot but what I got..the lady wouldn't give me any other. I asked for one closer to the potty, but couldn't get one.

Probably because I have a teardrop! We get no respect (and we should, since we have no potty on board!!)

Oh, well....You'll have all the wonderful things that go with being near the bathroom...traffic, noise, "air pollution"...Gage and I will be relaxing back at Teardrop Central having a great time.... :thumbsup:
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 am

DragonFire wrote:.........Gage and I will be relaxing back at Teardrop Central having a great time.... :thumbsup:

Hate to say this, but I won't have the teardrop. I need to fix my hatch and figure out how to set it up for my Oxygen Concentrator. I'll most likely have the Field and Stream.
Then again, I may just have my Dalton. I just need to figure out how to modify it to handle my Concentrator. :thinking:
Last edited by Gage on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby DragonFire » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Take the Field and Stream. It's a little more eye catching...and my Grasshopper won't look like a midget. Besides, I want to check out that awning...although I will probably already have one by then..

Now that emiller's teardrop has sold, what will he be bringing? I hear he has a breadbox style trailer??

Gage..I bought a 'fake fire' propane campfire. I probably won't bring it, since it will be so hot there, but if the weather permits, I might bring it. Will that cause any problems with you and your oxygen set up? Don't need any exploding trailers!!
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:16 am

DragonFire wrote:Take the Field and Stream. It's a little more eye catching...and my Grasshopper won't look like a midget. Besides, I want to check out that awning...although I will probably already have one by then..

Gage..I bought a 'fake fire' propane campfire. I probably won't bring it, since it will be so hot there, but if the weather permits, I might bring it. Will that cause any problems with you and your oxygen set up? Don't need any exploding trailers!!
We'll most likely be bringing the Field and Stream. If I get power steering in the '59 Wagon, I'll have it also. Don't worry about the 'fake fire'. Camp fires & oxygen don't hold me back from enjoying a good camp fire and some BS'ing. :thumbsup:

DragonFire also wrote: Now that emiller's teardrop has sold, what will he be bringing? I hear he has a breadbox style trailer??
Eddie will most likely bring their 'Breadloaf' that he is restoring. :)

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby DragonFire » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:16 am

That's a nice bread box! Can't wait to check that out!!

I'm going to be the only one with a boring tow vehicle.. :oops:
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Yep that is what I am bringing but it looks a little different now.
Found someone took a picture of it and the interior half way down the page http://jimbosjourneys.com/2012/02/04/qu ... -car-show/
emiller
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 pm

That thing is really roomy!! Has everything you need! Can't wait to see it in person. I assume you and Gage will have your vintage vehicles over in the car show section too...

What year is the breadbox? Gage, what year is the Field and Stream?
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I registered it as a 1945 because we found a date of 3/27/1945 on the front panel when I reskinned it but now have had others tell me it is more like 30's not sure.
emiller
Donating Member

Re: Towerfest Vintage Trailer Rally & Cruise In Aug 17-19, L

Postby DragonFire » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:40 pm

There is probably no way to find out for sure, is there? I would guess 30's. Just by the look of it. In 45 the country was still recovering from the war and I'm not sure many trailers were being made..for civilians, anyway. Probably not many for the armed forces and ship builders anymore either. You know cars didn't change much until what, 48? Even then, they were minor changes. Still bathtub styles. Small windows.

I've been chatting a bit with Paul, the owner of Vintage Camper Trailers and the one behind the rally..the KOA is putting on it's annual luau, and he thinks there will be about 90 trailers at the rally this year. He wants vintage cars and bicycles there too. Eventually vintage boats, being that the campground is right on the water. He's thinking of growing it into something like the Pismo Beach event.

So bring your Hawaiian shirts and anything you want to sell in the swap meet, and pass the word! Sounds like there will be a pretty good variety of trailers there..not just a big group of Airstreams and Shastas!

I've talked to a couple of hot rod friends of mine and they will be passing the word..the ASYLUM group from Sacramento will be sending some cars down and I've passed the word to Alan of Billetproof..hopefully this will turn out to be a car/trailer rally not to be missed!! :thumbsup:
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West