Twain & Tears-Sep 22/23. 1wk to go. Who's coming?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Twain & Tears-Sep 22/23. Question for attendees last pag

Postby nevadatear » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 pm

It is getting close to FIRST Tears and Twain gathering in unionville, NV. This is an informal gathering, just food and fun with old and new friends. Randy and I will be arrive Thursday around 6pm. You are welcome to come earlier and stay past Sunday. :P

FOOD
-Breakfast and lunch on your own. However if anyone wants to do group up sharing, mores the fun.
-Potluck Saturday night
-Friday night spaghetti group dinner
I am thinking about a spaghetti group dinner Friday night. I have a big pot. If you you are coming in late, don't worry there will be plenty of food for you. I will post a food thread after this one with more info on this. Sign up to bring a loaf of bread or jar of sauce, etc.

ACTIVITIES
-There is a large grassy open park area. We will bring a ladder all game, bring anything you like. If you like card or table games,lease bring along. We will have dominos, our new Qwirkle and we are always looking for 2 more for Eurchre.
-bring along a musical instrument for our "campfire". Remember no open wood fires. :campfire:
-Some of us are considering a hike along the river and old mining tailings with a picnic lunch on Saturday. If you are interested, bring a daypack and hiking accoutrements. Easy walking. Possible creek crossing. :picnic:

WEATHER
Be prepared for autumn weather. Average temp is high 70s daytime, low 40s at night, so pack that extra blanket or bed warmer. Breeze is possible. Bring those portable propane fire pits and shelter walls if you have them. Better to be prepared. Should be gorgeous fall days and crisp, cool but not cold nights.

CAMPGROUND
Remember it is a canyon which goes uphill. Throw in a couple of extra leveling blocks. Plenty of faucets with potable water, and seven picnic tables for eating. May want to bring a food prep table if you need one by your TD. One commercial portapotty. If you have your own...
Several park style grills available in the grassy area. Bicycles probably not useful. Going down the canyon would be a trip. Riding backup no fun at all. Bikes around the campground for kids would be fine.

WILDLIFE
Wild mustangs and burros are always possible, along with cattle along route 400. In the canyon, depending on migration, lots of species of birds, including both bald and golden eagles and owls, deer, antelope, opossum, jackrabbits, coyotes, lizards and the occasional snake. But not in the campground!

BASIC DIRECTIONS
From the west, traveling from Reno: take I-80 eastbound toward Elko & Salt Lake for 150 miles. Take exit Mill City/Unionville (no. 149). Turn RIGHT (east, the highway goes north here). Travel on this rd (st route 400) for 17 miles. Turn right at Unionville road. Head up the canyon for 3.2 miles. Campground and Park are at almost the end of the canyon on the right.

Alternate from Reno.,This way is 30 or so miles shorter, but due to winding, dirt, narrow roads through the backcountry it is only about 10 minutes shorter. Not recommended for first trip to Unionville with a trailer. This is the route which will show up if you put in unionville on a GPS or computer/smartphone map program. I will give further directions for this way in the upcoming travelogue. :vroom:

From the east, traveling from Winnemucca: take I-80 westbound towards Reno for about 30 miles. Take exit Mill City/Unionville (no. 151). Turn LEFT (east, the highway goes north here). Travel on this rd (st route 400) for 17 miles. Turn right at Unionville road. Head up the canyon for 3.2 miles. Campground and Park are at almost the end of the canyon on the right.

I am working on a travelogue of things to see as you travel along the sometimes stark landscape of the high desert. I will post in a week or so.

Again, please let me know if you are coming!
Last edited by nevadatear on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: Twain & Tears-Sep 22/23. NEW INFO last pg

Postby Reddiver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:08 pm

I thought I would make some garlic bread in a DO and will bring some sauce. Anything else you can think of?
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 pm

That sounds great people's choice cast iron winner! I let you know as we learn who can make it.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:59 pm

I am still a go. Lets say 99% probability.

I have a bottle of spaghetti sauce.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Gotcha randy
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby carolandrews » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:16 am

I'll be there!
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nevadatear » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Glad nothing happened the last two weeks to stop you!
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Well shoot, we are sadly not going to make it. Family commitments and being on call for 24/7 (need stoopid cell service) have taken us out this time around. I know this will be a great gathering, here's to all you folks having a fantastic time. :beer:

I look forward to LOTS of pictures afterwards 8)
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Too bad shaun. Got to amplify that cell phone!
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby shane murray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll be there on Friday and I'm hoping to talk a coworker/newbie teardropper to bring his family as well, but I won't have an answer from them until late next week. I was wondering if anyone was planning to bring some "For Sale" items. I have some cast iron, TD parts, etc. that I'd like to set out. As for the pot luck, I'll bring a dessert of some kind.

Shane
Reno
Shane M.
Reno, NV
shane murray
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jhb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll be there, I have shrimp, but I'm tossing it on the barbie, not in the spaget... I'll be there Thursday, It's a 12 hour drive so I'll be in around 6-7.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am

Shrimp going to be there thrusday. I might have to move my plans up a day. :stompspam:

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:39 am

Wolffarmer wrote:Shrimp going to be there thrusday. I might have to move my plans up a day. :stompspam:

Randy

works for me!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Great John and Shane, be good to see ya! Remember we are doing a no theme bring what you wnt pot luck on Saturday and a group spaghetti feed on Friday. Sign up on the different spaghetti feed thread in south west to add a little something to the mix. Shane, did you mean desert for the feed on Friday or potluck on Saturday?

Shane, feel free to bring something's to sell. We're not doing anything organized, but if you have things to get rid of that a teardroppers might like, by all means.

Kay and I are really looking forward to this, and Grant and Randy of course. See you all in less than two weeks.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Wondering if anyone is interested in a tour of couer Rochester, a working gold and silver mine or the safe haven rescue zoo on Sunday, on the way home? Need to know in advance as it needs to be prior arranged.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West