Informal Invitation - Lake Del Valle, Livermore, 9/23-24/05

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Informal Invitation - Lake Del Valle, Livermore, 9/23-24/05

Postby Sarge » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:49 pm

This is very late notice, but I thought I'd invite anyone who has the bug to camp this coming weekend to come to Lake Del Valle in Livermore and camp with Little Sarge and me.

I'll be staying in campsite 85 and last I checked a lot of the surrounding campsites were still available. I do believe all of them are level and they're all fairly large.

Here is a link to see what the park is like: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/delval.htm

To reserve a campsite you need to call: FAMILY CAMPING (510) 636-1684

To get an idea of where the campsites are located: http://www.ebparks.org/resources/pdf/ca ... e_camp.pdf

Fair warning: I'll be there with Little Sarge and we usually throw rocks in the creek for hours or try to go hiking during the day. You'd be more than welcome to join us or go about discovering/relaxing on your own. It's a nice park with flush toilets and showers and a small store, but don't kid yourself it's nothing as nice as Swimmer's Delight.

I missed the 2nd Redwood Gathering and I have the bug to camp bad, so I'm heading out. I thought I would extend the invitation if anyone felt likewise.

Happy camping,

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:19 am

Sarge...thanks for the invite...just got back from the Redwoods thing and getting a new tow vehicle....and need to get serious about work so won't be able to make it...have a good time...wishing I was there...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:09 am

Hi Sarge and "Big Sarge"!

I'd love to camp again too, but I'm slated to attend two workshops for educators this weekend. At least they'll both be great excursions outdoors. One is at Patrick's Point Beach State Park to visit and explore the Tsuari Sumeg Indian Village and receive plans for teaching a class there on the grounds of the village. This is an awesome park right against the ocean with stands of tall trees to camp under also. The next day, Sunday, I'll be going on an all day fossil excursion in the local hills. Just so you know why I can't make it.l.....it was nothing to do with you guys throwing rocks at the creek. :R

Have a fantastic journey. TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Sarge » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Doug,

My second hobby is buying cars and trucks...at least my wife claims that I do it so often it might as well be a hobby. :) You have to tell me what you get. I also understand the 'getting serious about work' thing to. We've got to pay for this 'stuff' one way or another.

TDN,

Your trip sounds great. I'm sure Little Sarge will save a few rocks for you to throw into the creek next time we meet.

Take care,

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

Return to South West