Help with 1947 Kit restoration

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Help with 1947 Kit restoration

Postby rmtrailer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 pm

I recently inherited my grandfathers 1947 Kit teardrop. Although my family has done a great deal of restorations, I have not. I am looking for someone in California, preferably near San Luis Obispo, that could help me restore it. This teardrop means a lot to me and I would really like to have it done correctly. If anyone knows anyone or a garage that can help me please let me know! Thank you
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (34.52 KiB) Viewed 997 times
rmtrailer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Help with 1947 Kit restoration

Postby jhb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:11 am

rmtrailer wrote:I recently inherited my grandfathers 1947 Kit teardrop. ... preferably near San Luis Obispo, that could help me restore it.

I'm in Los Osos, send me a PM. I have a photo of my dad's '47 kit in my td.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 pm

what town are you found in. There are quite a few of us in the area.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby rmtrailer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

I live in San Luis obispo. I'd be willing to go anywhere in the county to get help or to pay someone to do it.
rmtrailer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 am

rmtrailer wrote:I live in San Luis obispo. I'd be willing to go anywhere in the county to get help or to pay someone to do it.
I'd like to help you out. My brother lives in San Luis Obispo up against Laguna Lake. I used to come over there often but not lately because of health reasons, sorry. I restored a '46 KIT a couple of years ago and created a web page on it. Just click the button. It just might be of some help. :thinking:

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jhb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 am

Gage wrote:
rmtrailer wrote:I live in San Luis obispo. I'd be willing to go anywhere in the county to get help or to pay someone to do it.
I'd like to help you out. My brother lives in San Luis Obispo up against Laguna Lake. I used to come over there often but not lately because of health reasons, sorry. I restored a '46 KIT a couple of years ago and created a web page on it. Just click the button. It just might be of some help. :thinking:

Hey, Gage, if you get over here look me up. I'm in the phone book or PM me (a week in advance so I notice it...)
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:35 pm

I work at Home Depot in SLO. I would like to see it. John has more building skills then I. Hope Gages site helped.

What shape is it in. I would suggest you put questions about the trailer here
viewforum.php?f=21
you will get more answers about what to do.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby rmtrailer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

The trailer isn't too bad. It was in cover most of the time, but certainly got wet at one point. The kitchen area has a lot of damage from the hinge leaking, which also leaked into the corner of the sleeping area, rotting a corner of the floor and one wall. Suppose all of that needs to be replaced now. I can not find the bearing seals any where. Is there a parts website for this model anyone can suggest? I would be happy to show it to anyone locally who wants to just check it out!
rmtrailer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am

I would be happy to show it to anyone locally who wants to just check it out!

Next time I drive through your region, I'll give you a shout!

I live in Los Angeles, have friends in Los Osos and family near Monterey.

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Return to South West