Dam Gathering '06

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Dam Gathering '06

Postby dmb90260 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:44 pm

Are there any tentative dates in mind for the Dam Gathering in '06?
I have to make a run to Oregon May 13-14. '06 and it would be great to tie in with the Dam Gathering if possible. I have had event conflicts the last two years.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:50 pm

The '06 Dam Gathering is slated for May 4th - 7th.

Postby dmb90260 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:10 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:The '06 Dam Gathering is slated for May 4th - 7th.

Thanks, that might just be a perfect fit.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:47 pm

So tell me Dean....you gonna be there with a tear?....or softsiding it? just curious....Doug....PS Joanie didn't prompt this response....Doug :lol:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:49 am

I'm finished with soft-siding it.

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:15 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'm finished with soft-siding it.

But are you going to be there? :thinking:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:17 am

I think I've almost talked my wife into going to the Redwoods in July. I'm coming either way. :twisted:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:29 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'm finished with soft-siding it.

But are you going to be there? :thinking:

Guess I sorta side stepped that one... I sure the heck hope so!!!
I didn't want to place any deadlines on this project, but as fate would have it... :?
It is my hope to at least have the project road worthy to do a shakedown trip by then...
I work well under pressure on work related jobs, but I get more enjoyment on personal projects when I can take my time.
I don't want this to turn into another work project.

BTW- I don't think your wife will regret coming to the redwoods. If she's never camped amoungst them, I know she will be glad that she came. ;)

Postby Gage » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:13 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote: Guess I sorta side stepped that one... I sure the heck hope so!!!
I didn't want to place any deadlines on this project, but as fate would have it... :?
It is my hope to at least have the project road worthy to do a shakedown trip by then...
I work well under pressure on work related jobs, but I get more enjoyment on personal projects when I can take my time.
I don't want this to turn into another work project.

Dean, look at page 6 of my Scotsman build. Just click HERE. Accourse I was working on just two months between gatherings. :?

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:31 am

Thanks Gage,
Exactly!!! I know if I get in a crunch with time I'll start taking shortcuts and yes... That is when I usually make a mistake or three.
So, you decided NOT to try and make Shasta that year....
I think you ended up making it to Shasta though, but without the skins done yet, right? (That's road worthy)
I was told that you got your tarp setup in a flash, once it started raining!

Well Bledsoe,
I'll be there if I'm there... (Sounds like a Yogiism)

BTW Gage- Your music catches me off gaurd every time. :lol:
Hmmm... I just went back and looked a few pages further.
Looks like it was the following year...
That soothing music is trying to rock me to sleep... :SH
(Maybe I'll get to sleep this time...)

Postby Gage » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:35 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Thanks Gage,
Exactly!!! So, you decided NOT to try and make Shasta that year....
I think you ended up making it to Shasta though, but without the skins done yet, right? (That's road worthy)
I was told that you got your tarp setup in a flash, once it started raining!
BTW Gage- Your music catches me off gaurd every time. :lol:
Hmmm... I just went back and looked a few pages further.
Looks like it was the following year......)

Yep, it was the following year. I was only working on the tear on the weekends because of the 'part time'(?) job I had. During the week I would just go out in the garage and sit and unwind and think about what I was doing and plan the weekend. For the most part I would only spend 16 to 20 hours on the tear on the weekends. Sometimes a couple of weeks would go by with nothing done. I tried not to make the tear my life. I didn't have to have it done right away and when it was finished, I wanted it to be right (for me). That and the fact that nothing was on paper was the main reason it took me 2 1/2 years to build. And I won't build another one. If someone comes along and insist they have to have my tear, I'll take the money and buy a Camp-Inn :lol:

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:13 pm

Gage wrote:I won't build another one. If someone comes along and insist they have to have my tear, I'll take the money and buy a Camp-Inn

I just can't picture you without your tear, especially after what you set out to replicate...

Postby mikeschn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:22 pm

Gage,

You can't sell yours and buy a CampInn. You won't be able to say you did it your way, and it works for you!!! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote: I just can't picture you without your tear, especially after what you set out to replicate...

If someone offered you $20,000, wouldn't you take it and run. I've already been offered $12,000 at a car show and turned it down. I probably should have taken it. But then I would have had to add to it to get a Camp-Inn. :o
mikeschn wrote:Gage,
You can't sell yours and buy a CampInn. You won't be able to say you did it your way, and it works for you!!! :lol:
Mike...
I never thought about that. :thinking: For the benefit of some, I've been thinking of changing it to read: 'My way is not the rule, just the way I did it and it worked for me.' :lol:

Have a good day.
8)
P.S. Just knowing I wouldn't leave it factory stock. I could say: 'That's the way I Improved on it and it worked for me.' :yes:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Gage wrote:P.S. Just knowing I wouldn't leave it factory stock. I could say: 'That's the way I Improved on it and it worked for me.' :yes:

How did I know that?!!! :lol:
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Next

Return to South West