10/29 TREASURE ISLAND TEARDROP M&G REVIEW & PICTURES!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

10/29 TREASURE ISLAND TEARDROP M&G REVIEW & PICTURES!!

Postby SuperShady1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 pm

UPDATED 11/1!!!

CHECK END OF THREAD!! WHAT A FUN TIME!!!!

HI Everyone!!

Getting closer to Treasure Island!!

Sorry for the delay, Evan and I went to the Tin Can Tourist Rally in Petaluma and had a great time amongst the beautiful trailers and canned hams. There were about four teardrops. BEEN BUSY AT WORK!! :? :lol:

TREASURE ISLAND LIST OF TEARDROPPERS!! :applause:

1. SUPERSHADY1 DAWN AND DAVE
2. REDDIVER
3. GUITARPHOTOG
4. CAMPMASTERK
5. TRP
6. STEVEGSMITH
7. JHB
8. DANO
9. PHOOEY
10. COUZTEAU

Those first 10 need to confirm back to me in a PM by NOON this THURSDAY THE 18TH!! :thumbsup:

IF YOUR PLANS HAVE CHANGED AND KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP SO I CAN OFFER YOUR SPOT TO THE NEXT ALTERNATIVE!!

ALTERNATIVES!! :)
11. NEVADATEAR
13. LAZYBONES
14. TUPELOSUE
15. YIWEN

NOT ATTENDING!!
1) TECHGUY
2) TEARDROP NANNY
3) WHEAT100
4) DESERTMOOSE
5) MERCY

Grant I am going to have to say no to the small caveman camper. I have represented to the owners that it is only going to be teardrops only!! I am sorry as I just do not want to push the boundaries at this time. You are welcome to come have a look. 8) :NC

Please let me know ASAP on your RSVP!! :beer:

Dave and Dawn

AKA

SUPERSHADY

Hello Everyone!!

Please read the following with the mutual understanding that this is not a normal Teardrop Rally at a Camping Friendly KOA.

We have been invited as the Guests of the Owners and Organizers of the Treasure Island Flea Market. They have a "Use Permit" from the City of San Francisco for Saturday and Sunday only. Let me repeat Saturday and Sunday only. We are approved to spend the nite Saturday only with limitations. It is my mistake that we were also good for Friday nite. We are not good for friday nite. :cry:

My Mistake and I apologize to the gang here. :thumbsup:

Angie expects us to arrive between 8 and 8:30 am on Saturday before the Flea Market begins at 10 am.

This may change your plans to attend or not.

Angie has asked that we be very low key and stay on the down low when we are there over nite. This mean no BBQ, no campfires and pretty much just blending in. She would like this to be adults only as well

I am sure we will have the greatest views in the world to enjoy with great company and the best screwtop wine my money can buy. :wine:

We will leave on or before the close of the Flea Market which closes at 4:00 pm sharp on Sunday.

I hope everyone understand that they are doing something extremely special and her and her husband are putting their special use permit at risk by having us overnite.

My goal was to keep this to about 10 to 11 trailers at the most with the emphasis of having a meet and greet with overnite and have such a response from the owners and flea marketeers that they ask us back next year.

Please refrain from promoting this any further as the owners would like to see how this goes this first time. Again my goal is for this to be more than a one time thing. Let's not promote this to the media or expand this any further on other blogs or websites please. :thumbsup:

I apologize again for the confusion, but I know this will work out to be something special. :R

Dave

Please find the response e-mail to the owner of the TI Flea Market.

Hi Angie,

We had a really nice time and without the kids, we could take or time and relax and enjoy the views and the vendors. You have something really special!

We in no way want to make this difficult.

I will be completely responsible for the group and no one will arrive outside the parameters of the 8:00 am to 8:30 window for Saturday and only stay Saturday nite.

We will be very, very low key, quiet and respectful. My headcount is about 14/15 adults. I know almost everyone, have met them before and been to teardrop rally’s with them. Some are close friends that we help each other with repairs or extra parts.

We will be so on the down low that someone would mistake us for a cemetery.

Everyone will leave quietly on or before the 4 pm deadline.

I have already spoke to the group and there will be no BBQs, nor campfires or anything beyond a lantern.

The evening will consist of people sitting in their lawn chairs quietly talking and enjoying the wonderful views.

This will not be a KOA campground with kids running amuck, these will be responsible adults, that will respect the privilege of staying there.

Saturday ONLY, No BBQs, no fires and tranquility.

Please call me if you have any further questions or want to chat in general.

We really want to promote teardrops and vintage camping and answer all questions the Flea Marketeers may have. Of course I know they will also be jovial customers of the food trucks and the vendors as well.

Thank you again,

Dave and Dawn

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!! :D :D

Hi Everyone!!

I met with the organizers of the Treasure Island Flea Market this past Sunday (9/30) and we are approved for over nite!!! We have an excellent spot and I mean it is an amazing spot with un obstructed views of the Bay Bridge, San Francisco Skyline, Alcatraz, Angel Island and of course the Golden Gate Bridge!! :pictures: :shock: :shock: :pictures:

I MEAN WOW!! :applause: :thumbs up1: :guzzle:

There are plenty of Porta potties and hand washing stations. We may also have access to electrical power if needed.

The spot we have will be a lawn area surrounding this very famous statue of the 40 ft dancing women “Dance Bliss” on the Avenue of the Palms!! Hope you do not mind a 40 ft tall dancing naked woman?? :awesome: :awesome: :angel:

There are a number of food trucks that are reasonably priced and are really tasty. Wifey and I had Thai food that was really, really good for lunch and we had free sample of wine from a number of wine vendors that are there at the flea market. They also had dessert items as well, maybe breakfast as well. Delicious fresh made mini donuts, Belgian waffles made with all kinds of toppings, gourmet Cupcakes. They have Sausages, Chinese, empanadas….I would say almost 10 different food trucks for those who want to eat something and many snack vendor places as well. :picnic: :chips:

The Flea Market is very eclectic with a broad mix of vintage clothing, kitschy items, and the unique that you normally do not find out the regular flea markets. Not the 20 socks for a dollar crowd. We found a vintage soft plaid wool camping blanket in perfect shape for $20 down from the first ask earlier in the day of $35. Dawn also got a beaded purse with crosses on it for I think 15 all handmade. Anyway it was a lot of fun looking at all the stuff and enjoying the beautiful view with great food and wine.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

I kindly asked Angie if we could over nite there and she was all for it!! She has a handful of vendors who do the same thing and thinks it would be a great idea. That way we would be there in the am and ready to field questions or just show off our teardrops.

My plan would be for us to be there Friday evening and circle the wagons around the statue. Do our own M&G and talk the nite away, get up in the am have breakfast off the food trucks and the Flea Market opens at 10 am. Enjoy the day, maybe check out the island and the Pan American Clipper building /museum. Have an early dinner and enjoy the local Treasure island wine, glasses optional. :wine: :wine: :o) enjoy the view and the city lights. Angie has asked that we disconnect our tow vehicles and utilize the free parking. Emphasis on the teardrops and our gear. Canopies are a must.

Note that crossing the bay bridge with a trailer is consider and extra axle and they charge you $15 dollars I think instead of the normal 6 dollars. Parking at TI is free, admittance to the Flea Market is normally 3 bucks. Angie and her husband Charles are really nice people, but take note they are running a business and not a KOA. We are their guests and they have not asked for any fees. Maybe we might take up a collection/donation if this turns out and as planned to open the door for next year(s)??!! :thumbsup:

Now that we have cleared this hurdle, no excuses let start working on a confirmed headcount back to me ASAP. Tell me how many people and a little about your rig, where you are from , cell phone #(PM if u want). For those who need assistance or help getting their rigs there SPEAK up. We want you there, remember what Gage said, it does not have to be complete to be appreciated. :pinktear: :miriams: :vroom:

Let me know if you have any questions, ideas and or thoughts.

All inputs are appreciated.

Let’s get the word out and look forward to this unique opportunity. :shake hands:

Dave

Hi all Bay Area Teardrop Trailers!!

I am working with the organizers of the World Famous Treasure Island Flea Market to provide us locals a spot for a Meet & Greet!!

We can do a Meet & Greet and then show off our rigs to the public and share our love for Teardrops!!

I have gotten an afirmative from the TI Flea Market to have a spot for us to set up!!!

Please affirm your interest and ask any questions you may have.

Here is their website:

http://www.treasureislandflea.com/

They have very eclectic vendors and probably many interesting vendors that maybe of interest to you!!

Oh and they have some of the best Food Vendor Trucks to be found in the whole bay area if you get hungry!! :stompspam: :beer: :wine:

One of our Teardopers has a Professional Photgrapher relative that we can leverage to take beautiful pictures of your teardrop with the world's greatest back dropoff of the San Francisco Skyline!!

There is so much history at Treasure Island that we hope we can access.

Please respond here showing your initial interest or thoughts, ideas, ... :thinking:

My goal is that we all get together and have a great time and show off our teardrops!! :applause:

PM me if you want to talk live!!
:)
Dave
Last edited by SuperShady1 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Re: TREASURE ISLAND TEARDOP MEET & GREET OCT 27th!!

Postby Reddiver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Would we be able to spend the night?
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Working on it with the T people!!

What do you think Red River??

Sound fun!!

Dave
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I'll say yes tentatively. I'm supposed to have hand surgery the week of the 19th, so don't know what shape I'll be in for hitching up, etc.

Count me in, until I back out :D

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pm

That would be Reddiver, lol sounds like fun Would be really cool if we could spend the night.
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I have no idea how many bay area TD people we have. Maybe we should put something on the general board for those who dont check these side boards.. But the view of the city particularly at night is amazing.
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank for the heads up on this thread. I am interested in this. The date looks good for me. Tentative yes for me. I always wanted to see Treasure Island.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby campmaster-k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 pm

I did not know about the Treasure Island Flea. Pilgrimage! :thumbsup:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Techguy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Darn... .I know the other words get edited out

I would love to come see your rigs but I have my DD has soccer (I am the referee) and my parents will be at my place on the 29th for my birthday. If it were closer than 100 miles from my house, I would try to make it fit... but no such luck.

Have fun... take and post lots of photos.
Techguy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TRP » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:01 pm

I have a lot of work to do before mine is truly ready for such an outing, but I'll be there with our without my trailer!

/TRP --> In
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm

TRP wrote:I have a lot of work to do before mine is truly ready for such an outing, but I'll be there with our without my trailer!

/TRP --> In

Double shifts!!

Getrdone!!
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby satch » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:30 pm

To soon to tell for me, Need to check with the kids events. Sounds cool though!
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby stevegsmith » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Nice job Dave. Whether mine is done or not, I will drag it there! Thanks for the inspiration! See you all soon! :D :R :beer:
Steve

Green Lantern Corpsmen
stevegsmith
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:46 pm

stevegsmith wrote:Nice job Dave. Whether mine is done or not, I will drag it there! Thanks for the inspiration! See you all soon! :D :R :beer:

:thumbsup: This is what mine looked like at the firstgathering I took it to. ;)

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jhb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:58 am

Cathy and I would be interested in coming up if we can camp over night on the island.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to South West