Utah ; Roll call

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Utah ; Roll call

Postby Modstock » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 am

Utah . Anyone out there ?
Post up . Whatcha doing , trips planned for 2013, get-togethers, ect. :)
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Utah ; Roll call

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 am

I am from southern Idaho. Can be in Utah state in less than an hour. Does that count?

:lol:

I am going to try to make the Element 11 Burn that happens sometime in mid July at Bonneville Seabase.

I often go camping in the northwest corner of Utah, generally near the original intercontinental rail bed. Or where ever the mood strikes me. I seldom see anybody else out there. Forget seeing another TD.

I might try to get a trip in to Southern parts of Utah in Feb/march.

2012 Big Trip

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Not much happening with us at the moment. I'm still recovering from a major shoulder surgery. Hoping to get the trailer finished in the spring and take it out camping.
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:35 pm

PSBreen wrote:Not much happening with us at the moment. I'm still recovering from a major shoulder surgery. Hoping to get the trailer finished in the spring and take it out camping.

I had that 3 years ago. Mine did not work so great better than it was but just barely. I have to be very careful.

Mine was rotater cuff.

In 1971 had the other shoulder worked on. It kept falling out of joint and now it is getting arthritis. Oh well. You will probably do a lot better than me.

I also camp a lot at the City Of Rocks National Monument in southern Idaho. It is real close to Utah. Any rock climbers will know about it. I am not a climber. But it is great.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Randy,

Yep! Rotator Cuff here too. Two torn tendons and pulled a bicep muscle off the bone. The surgery was early Sept. I've only been out of the sling for a month. PT is a bear and I'm restricted to 5 lbs lifting. I can barely scratch the top of my head. But hey it's way better than not being able to move my arm. Just have to suck it up, cry through the pain during PT and push myself. :cry:

Now back to our original thread before we get in trouble :D

We still need to finish our teardrop by the time the camp grounds open next year. Our favorite places that we've tent camped are the primitive camp sites near Flaming Gorge and along the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway (State Route 150) between Evanston, WY and Kamis, UT. We don't stick around the Ogden/SLC area much as it's generally too crowded for our taste. We're thinking about trying one of the smaller Teardrop Gatherings next year to see what they are like. All in all no set plans yet.
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

You tore yours up a lot worse than mine. Actually I didn't tear mine up, it just stopped working. Didn't fall or anything like that. ( I fall I will know. So would the geologists with their seismographs). Was sore one day and didn't get better.

I have never camped over in those areas. Probably the closest gathering to you will be the "Walk the Winds" I would like to do that but it is the time of year I will be working and trying to set some away for the hungry moons. Not that I won't do some camping. I did the the Twain and Tears last sep. I think they are going to move it up this year. I am 99% sure I am going to do the Element 11 burn again this year. But that may not be your cup of tea. It is a regional Burning Man type of thing.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby suckerpunched » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Ogden here.....trips next year will be definately Walk the Winds in Wy.,,,,and of course the Dam Jam bluegrass festival at Rockport,,,,,always camping at Blacksmith Fork, Memorial Park by Causey, and hoping there wil be a vintage trailer gathering at Willard State Park this year....wish there were more primitave pull off the road kinda campsites left,,,,,may have to head west or into Idaho.....
If you see my harley on a trailer,,,,call the police cause it's being stolen...
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby suckerpunched » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Wolfarmer,,,,,you camp the west desert,,,where is there non private land to camp where ya don't have to worry about people???? Kelton,,,Lucin....?
If you see my harley on a trailer,,,,call the police cause it's being stolen...
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey Punched

I camp along the old rail bed. Mostly between Kelton and Lucin. South of Lucin up in the Pilot mountains. Lots of ground out there. Lot of it is private owned but no fences and not often patrolled. The rail bed is probably a part of the Golden spike monument. But all in all there is miles and miles of camping out there. I all of the trips I have done out there I can only remember meeting one other person.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Corwin C » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm Here!!! ... although the constraints of time and funding have kept the trailer in the "dream" stage. The jar of pennies is just about to the point where I might be able to get a start soon.

I've done some wandering south of Snowville back when I was in college at Utah State but from where I'm at now that's at least a five hour drive. Keep posting, I really want to go camping and meet some of you in person, but right now it's not looking like it will happen anytime soon.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby sunny16 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Here! Snowy at the moment but looking forward to camping in 2013. I dont think I took the trailer out this past summer. Touched up the paint but never took it out. Lets try to get some kind of gathering together. I have tried in the past but never could get any commitments.
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 pm

We could try for a Jan. shivery :D

Coldest I have camped in the trailer it was 20 when I went to bed and 12 when I woke up. Was not bad in the trailer. I had a Coleman lantern in there for about an hour or so before I turned in.

I can just about guarantee that if we camp along the Rail bed West of Kelton a a few miles no one will bother us. Other than to check on our sanity.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 pm

The Midwest bunch

Shivaree

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Looks like Willard Bay, Willow Creek campground is open. From the web sight it only says that one of the marinas is closed. The other is open. That is if you don't want to brave the desert and would like a possibly heated out house. :R

I have stayed at Willow Creek once, In May. Nice place. Rabbits running wild. Wonder if they would mind us foraging for food. :lol:

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Hmmm, does not look like people are interested in a shivaree

I am thinking of going to Bear Lake for the 150th anniversary of the Bear River Massacre on Jan 29th 2013. There is a commercial camp ground that will have current bushes.

:lol:

Randy

Bear River Massacre
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Next

Return to South West