March 27-30, 2014 Perris, CA: Teardrop only gathering

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: March 27-30, 2014 Perris, CA: Teardrop only gathering

Postby ccorliss43 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:08 am

Jack and Rebecca,

Saturday is a great day to tour the teardrops and get ideas. That is open house for the public. Pay the day use fee to the park and park in their designated area. 10am is a good time to get started to try and see all of them. Good luck on your build and hope to see you there next year with your teardrop.

I know that is where we got a lot of our ideas for our build.

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby jandbsteardrop » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 am

Hi,

Great, thanks so much! We will be there.

Thanks!

Jack
jandbsteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:30 am

Jack, Not only izzit OK... it's MANDATORY !!! You will git so many "other" ideas fer yer teardrop. Bring yer camera and a sketch pad to record all the "changes yer gonna make to yer trailer. Saturday is usually the best day to show up because most everone is there by then. Do not miss out on this opportunity to see over 100 teardrop trailers in one place . You'll never see anythin like again ...untill next year that is.

I tow my trailer with a "vintage" VW Beetle, but you'll reconize MY trailer because it... looks "different". ( I borrowed that line from Gage )
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jandbsteardrop » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Haha..sounds awesome! Will do...sketch pad and camera! We better stop building now so we can wait to implement the ideas....haha.

Thanks!
jandbsteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vedette » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 pm

Snowing here today :cry:
Sure wish we were coming! :(
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 pm

By all means... STOP THE BUILD ! Ain't nuthin more frustratin than havin to "demolish" to do "improvemnets". Camera... fer finished product. Sketch pad fer NOTES on HOW to build em ! Ask LOTSA questions.. lots and lots... there ain't no such thang as a stupid question.

One phrase that you'll git acquainted with is.. KISS (* keep it simple,stupid ! )

Weight is the adversary. Here in SoCal, we can camp ALL YEAR LONG ! So insulation is a premium. I like to camp in Big Bear as long as there ain't no snow. It gits purty cold up yonder and a warm trailer is a MUST !

Happy hunting.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rahtware » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:43 am

So far it still looks like I am going to make it... (cross fingers) I live 2 hours north of San Francisco and don't push my (loaded to the max) Element faster than a true 55, and as a senior I can't drive more than an hour or two before I have to pull over for a break, so it might take me a couple of days to reach Perris. No problem as I am planning on making a week of it and hit the coast on the way back north. This will be the first major trip with my Silver Shadow so am looking forward to checking out all the other teardrops and getting ideas on how to set her up. I was planning on building a copy of a "standie" trailer one of my uncles built and lived in during a winter at the end of the depression, but due to family responsibilities I don't think I will get to it for a few more years, hence the new SS. I worked at Perris/lived in Hemet back in the late 70's (checking out the area on Google Maps shows it has changed quite a bit) so I hope to have time to take a day and drive through town and maybe take the loop up through Idlewild. Looking forward to seeing all of you there...

Larry
Larry & Peggy
Real Airplanes Have Two Wings And Round Engines.
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ccorliss43 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 am

Larry,

that will be a great trip. We go through there quite often. We live in Hemet ourselves and even in the ten years we have been here it has changed quite a bit. I am sure your trip into Hemet will prove to look quite different.

Hope you make it to Perris!

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby Tabitha » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm

We sent our registration in and looking forward to our first gathering. :)
Someday, we will learn to take living in stride. Sometime, we will learn to pay less attention to the imagined and stop fussing about things we had nothing to do with in the past - and cannot change significantly in the future. Very soon, we will sit together in the sun a whole day and just be happy that we can sit together in the sun all day and just be happy.
___ Cherokee Author Unknown
Tabitha
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rahtware » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:25 am

I was wondering if it would be easer on the nerves, when towing south from Bakersfield, to go out through Palmdale instead of going through Pasadena/Pomona? I do OK for an old guy, but living in a town of under 6,000 in the middle of the redwoods where a 15 min backup at the one stoplight in town where 2 lanes shrink to 1 is cause for locals to get upset, has left my heavy traffic skills a bit rusty.
Larry & Peggy
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am

Coming thru Palmdale on the 14 and takin the 138 to the 15 to the 215/91 to the 215/60 and then you can either go South on the 215 the Ramona Expressway or go East to Moreno Beach. I believe that East or South is equidistance from the 60/215 interchange. The drive thru Palmdale/Lancaster and onto the 138 thru the desert is quite scenic and then you descend thru the mountains. You'll avoid a lotta city traffic and git a scenic view of desert and mountains.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rahtware » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 pm

CoM, Thanks, that is probably the way I will go. I have towed my trailer through the east bay (6 lanes all trying to kill each other), but I prefer back roads.

Larry
Larry & Peggy
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 pm

I'm certain that you will enjoy the "back way" much more than the "city" traffic ! I used to drive my VW bug and teardrop to Lancaster to visit friends and even went to Lake Isabella and the Kern River. Nice ,scenic drive ! I'll have the VW at Lake Perris... along with the Hippies ( You'll understand when you see it ) Safe travels and happy camping !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Got a call last nite from my pal,Roly. He'll be at the "Gathering" Friday and Saturday ! :P

CALL THE MEDIA !! :snappy: CALL SECURITY !! :poop: CALL THE PENTAGON !! :hammerhead: There will certainly be PLENTY to talk about at dinner Saturday nite. :awesome:

So be sure to bring yer cameras and the beverage of yer choice, cause Roly is at it AGAIN ! Yer NOT gonna want to miss this one !

I'll be sellin tickets to the show fer Saturday nite ONLY... 3 fer a nickle with a 5 cent discount !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 pm

well things are getting quite busy here at headquarters. we are humming along and getting our tasks done for the big day. very excited for another successful year. give you a little secret now...we are over 100! you will have to come camping to know the exact number.

thank you to everyone for all their support! we appreciate all your kindness.

ray and carrousel
ccorliss43

PreviousNext

Return to South West