Back from Twain and Tears

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Back from Twain and Tears

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Just returned home from a fabulous weekend in Unionville, Nevada, a tiny little hamlet in northern NV off I-80. For those that made the trek, it was a blast. It was a small gathering with plenty of time to talk to everyone, get more tear related ideas, and just plain relax. I have not laughed that much in I don't know how long! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks to everyone that made the weekend great.
Dave and Lisa (mccam)
Sam and Kat (desertMOOSE)
Leslie and Joe, all the way from Pengrove, CA- Thanks for making the lOONNNGGG trip!
From Idaho, Randy (wolffarmer) and Norma and Lee (leesenn)
Our new friends from Reno, Wendy and Stuart. :shake hands:
and the Dan and Angie Lott family came up to visit Friday night, but couldn't stay, busy family weekend (Dan-Josh left two sock and Vanessa one! we have them :?

It was hot, in the mid 90's, but comfortable because of the grassy park and deep tree shade. And we learned we can keep an ice chest cold in the heat of the desert! (more in another post) We had manly men, with help from their better halves, take a good deal of time putting up "Big Ed" the shade, but a better time could not be had. And of course, great food. Be sure and check out the giant wok of Sam's over the portable firepit. Yummy Fajitas!
Thanks to Dave for the balloon visual I can't get out of my head. And everyone went home with a wonderful parting gift of an emergency teardrop survival kit I have been told is worth the price of admission and the travel. I am not spilling the beans, you'll have to get the details from an attendee.

We did a light up in honor of Randy's dad who recently passed. Along with some Moose Drool And most of all, some hilarious, cleansing, rejuvenating campfire talk. No deer eating apples this year, but a few harmless bull snakes to liven up the day.

We did make some major decisions, however. We are going to go to a biannual "Twain and Tears" on the off years of IRG, therefore there will not be one next year, but we will be back in 2015, same date, June 5-7th. We also decided we need a northern NV section of Tearjerkers, and Johnny and Terri Dye, we elected you Director in absentia! Congratulations! :shake hands: :shake hands: :awesome: :ok: We know you will do a fabulous job. And Johnny, we are not kidding, we really think you guys should do this. It isn't much, just talk to Todd over on the Tearjerker site.

Pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmjnifrmxahp45z/F15nSZiVOR You can also go the Leslie's blog over at Vacations in a can to see how the weekend went through her eyes. They still have a drive, so it will not be today that her blog is updated. (no cell service, no wifi, no phones at Unionville-imagine that!) http://vacations-in-a-can.com/blog/

Those that didn't make it, you missed a great time :(
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: Back from Twain and Tears

Postby atahoekid » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

nevadatear wrote: We also decided we need a northern NV section of Tearjerkers, and Johnny and Terri Dye, we elected you Director in absentia! Congratulations! :shake hands: :shake hands: :awesome: :ok: We know you will do a fabulous job. And Johnny, we are not kidding, we really think you guys should do this. It isn't much, just talk to Todd over on the Tearjerker site.

I think that a Northern Nevada chapter is a great idea. I think Johnny would do a great job!! 8) 8) Sorry, I couldn't make the trip but the social calendar had other ideas for us. Maybe next time (2015). See you for sure at Davis Creek.

On a side note. Is Cabela's having a teardrop show this August?
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:25 pm

I am not coordinating anything, i have to be in maine the first week in august and have another commitment the 3rd week. I would encourage any one else to contact the event manager and set one up! PM me if you or anyone else would like to work on this and i will give you the contact info.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 am

Great pictures! Thanks!
It looks like it might have been a little cold (mornings) and a lot hot but people didn't let that stop them from having a good time!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby down under tech » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Hello Debbie & Randy: I am sorry that we were not able to be there at T&T this year.
I was working on the extremely hot Las Vegas freeways for the last three weeks. It got up to 116 degrees this last week.
This not taking into consideration the added heat that radiates from the roadway surface. :cry:

I got home from LV yesterday about 6PM. I think I can still make to T&T it if I drive really fast in reverse. LOL We were looking forward to being there.
My job is up in the air right now so I had to go to LV to bring in bill paying money. $>

Terry & Myself as Tearjerkers Northern Nevada Chapter Directors ??? I did not know if that was possible. I will get ahold of Todd at Tearjerkers and see if we can make this happen. Who wants to join ???

Mel & Debbie: Thanks for your confidence in us to do this. :woohoo:

We are glad that everyone who attended this years T&T had a great time. :vroom:
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby desertmoose » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm

First, thanks to Debbie and Randy for another wonderful gathering. We had a blast.

Johnny and Terry, Thanks for stepping up to the plate. We salute you. :applause: :applause: :applause:
As for joining, I think everyone in the geographical area automatically belongs in that chapter, but if not, count us in!

I'd suggest the area be from Tonopah north, but that will be your first executive decision..... :D

Sam and Kat
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby nevadatear » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Since we are talking about tearjearker chapter/subchapter, I hearby encourage all northern nevadans, and maybe even no. Utah and so. Idaho to go over to tearjerkers, sign up, and get a discussion going for a no. Nv . Subsection, or chapter all together. And support Johnny and terry as co directors! Remember the difference is tearjerkers is dedicated to discussion about the result of having a teardrop, camping! Since it is a members only group, the discussion is more private and things such as who is attending a gathering are kept private to only members, where as this forum, as fabulous as it is, is open to everyone who comes to look, members and lurkers. Lets get the camping side of northern nv rolling! Kind of a hijack, but oh well, I started the thread!

Hmm, here is another idea to consider, what about adding northern NV back into the great basin group? Nevada originally was in that Tearjerker group, and we have more in common with so. Idaho and no. Utah than so. Nevada? Other thoughts? :thinking:
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 am

I don't mean to start a civil war, but I gotta agree that when it comes to camping, we're about as geographically apart from LV as two cities can be and still be in the same state. I do have to admit however, that I'm not much of a fan of desert camping but Northern Nevada and NorCal has plenty of trees, lakes and rivers to keep me happy for a long time. Count me in as a charter member of the Northern Nevada chapter of Tearjerkers. I think I've signed up on their site but I can't recall. I'll have to see if I can get on... Yea, Johnny!!! :beer: :beer:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:42 am

+1 here mel!
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Well we are back in Twin Falls. We had such a good time at Twain and Tears !! Thanks to Debbie and Randy for hosting a great gathering. Norma and I would certainly sign on for the No NV tearjerkers. Northern Nevada, Southern Idaho and parts of Utah have very similar geography so makes sense to group them together. Seems like no one else wants to claim us Idahoans so would love to be included. Can't speak for Wolfarmer but count us in. Lee and Norma P.S I am already frantically working on the teardrop and vow to have it at least campable by Falling Tears.
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

desertmoose wrote:First, thanks to Debbie and Randy for another wonderful gathering. We had a blast.

Johnny and Terry, Thanks for stepping up to the plate. We salute you. :applause: :applause: :applause:
As for joining, I think everyone in the geographical area automatically belongs in that chapter, but if not, count us in!

I'd suggest the area be from Tonopah north, but that will be your first executive decision..... :D

Sam and Kat

Perfectly said Sam!!! All of it!!! See you guys soon at Falling Tears! :applause: :applause: :applause:
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks for the pictures. Sorry we could not make this one as it fell on top of a trip to Albany, Oregon to visit kids and grandson. Glad to see Randy made it with the Moose Drool and the lightup for his Dad. :thumbsup:
:beer:
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby danlott » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 pm

atahoekid wrote:
nevadatear wrote: We also decided we need a northern NV section of Tearjerkers, and Johnny and Terri Dye, we elected you Director in absentia! Congratulations! :shake hands: :shake hands: :awesome: :ok: We know you will do a fabulous job. And Johnny, we are not kidding, we really think you guys should do this. It isn't much, just talk to Todd over on the Tearjerker site.

I think that a Northern Nevada chapter is a great idea. I think Johnny would do a great job!!

Not sure what is happening with starting a Northern Nevada chapter. I was thinking about a name for the chapter. Northern Nevada is an option, but it would exclude some of our friends that live close to but not in Nevada that would want to be part of our chapter. I thought the "Great Basin" chapter would be a good name. Here is a map that I found of the Great Basin.

As you can see from the map it would include northern Nevada and our close neighbors.

Another option would be the "High Desert" chapter.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it but my teardrop and I were on the road in the Great Northwet. More about that trip in a separate thread.

It sounds like a good time was had by all, and that I should make plans to attend in '15.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Dan i have had a little conversation with on of the mods over on tearjerkers. There is currently a great basin chapter that is utah and Idaho. It used to be nv too. One option would be take no nv and join back up with them. They have had no director for a while, so that could be good for everyone. Head over to tj and check it out.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to South West