Thanksgiving Gathering Nov 7-Nov 11, 2013

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Thanksgiving Gathering Nov 7-Nov 11, 2013

Postby daveleb55 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Calling all Pilgrims and Indians... Nevada Tearjerkers will be hosting our 5th Annual Thanksgiving DOG and camping trip Thursday, Nov. 7th to Sunday, Nov. 10th at Callville Bay at Lake Mead National Park. We will be in loop A of the campground.

http://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvisit/u ... mpgrCB.pdf

All are welcome to join us. The DOG will be Saturday Nov. 9th with the Thanksgiving Pot Luck to be ready a 2 PM.

Campground fees are $10 per site ($5 with the Interagency Senior and Access passes) and are payable immediately upon occupying a campsite. Fees are posted at the entrance to the campground. Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no reservations. Check-out time is noon. The campground is wonderful and about 20 minutes from the strip, for those who need the neon lights and night life.

Places of Interest:
Clark County Museum

Daily tours of exhibits ranging from early Indians, miners and pioneers through gaming and World War II. The museum is located at 1830 S. Boulder Highway, Henderson, between Las Vegas and Boulder City. Open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Hoover Dam
Visit one of the engineering wonders of the world. Hoover Dam is located 45 minutes south of Las Vegas outside of Boulder City, Nevada.

The Coffee Cup
This small dinner was featured on Diner, Dives and Drive-inns. Located on Main Street in Boulder City.

Lake Mead National Recreation Area at the Callville Bay Campground, Boulder City, NV, 89005

601 Nevada Highway
Boulder City, NV 89005

702/293-8907

The website says, “There is the quiet and stark beauty of the desert. There are imposing scenes of the ancient, twisted mountains of the Basin and Range province and the colorful vertical walls and high plateaus of the Grand Canyon. There is unspoiled back country, and there is Hoover Dam - a towering symbol of what human genius can achieve. The range of experiences is as broad as the lakes and as big as the land.”

Please let us know if you are planning to attend
Hope to see each and every one of you at our special gathering!
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Re: Thanksgiving Gathering Nov 7-Nov 11, 2013

Postby ccorliss43 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:24 pm

what sites do you all tend to camp in? just in case we are able to make it.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby daveleb55 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm

We will be in the A loop near the rest rooms. Aiming at sites 30-40
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby twick » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 pm

dates are on the calendar but not sure we can get the time off Tim Doreen
twick
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:49 am

daveleb55 wrote:Calling all Pilgrims and Indians... Nevada Tearjerkers will be hosting our 5th Annual Thanksgiving DOG and camping trip !

My wife and I are still kinda new to the teardrop world. So we aren't sure about some of the lingo. What is a "Thanksgiving DOG"?
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

It could mean Hotdogs for Thanksgiving or (Dutch Oven Group) 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby PSBreen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 am

Dutch Oven Group sounds good. Just glad it wasn't a costume party for dogs dressed in turkey costumes. :frightened:
Steve & Cynthia
PSBreen
Donating Member

Postby daveleb55 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 pm

We will be sharing a potluck meal based around our favorite Thanksgiving foods, mostly cooking in Dutch Ovens. Hope to see you there.
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 am

We will be there I'm bringing my new Turkey DO need to break it in :twisted: but think i'll cook a pot of something else not sure yet :shock: maybe some southern style dressing :FNP or desert let me think on this. :x :x brain over loading all this thinking. Can't wait to camp with you guys again it's been to long. :cry: :cry:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby desertrat9 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Google maps keeps saying this is a partial toll road and when I go on Google search, it says this is a National Park and there is a 10$ fee. Is this right? :shock: Routing it via 147 or 564, either way says "partial toll road". ??
Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from the grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! - Ann Tyler

It's opener out there - In the wide open air - Dr. Seuss
desertrat9
Teardrop Inspector

Postby daveleb55 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 am

The $10 fee is for the National Park 7 day permit. The permit allows entrance to the park for the week.
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:37 am

I invited 2 new guys on here to come out and see all the trailers and have pot luck with us but nether have said if they was coming they are new builders in Las Vegas.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:43 pm

bc toys wrote:We will be there I'm bringing my new Turkey DO need to break it in :twisted: but think i'll cook a pot of something else not sure yet :shock: maybe some southern style dressing :FNP or desert let me think on this. :x :x brain over loading all this thinking. Can't wait to camp with you guys again it's been to long. :cry: :cry:

You got a new turkey DO? how big?

Dave
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm

its like Ricks with the the holder in center with ho in top of toob about 14'' tall 12'' round +or - it will hold big bird
I got a class that day but Becky is going to do or cooking we will be there and ill be back out soon as I get out of class
I'm building 2 new tables if you hear anyone wanting to buy a table I'm selling 1 of them
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 am

Oh boy, since this event is in a Nat'l Park, has the government shut down the campground, after the vote that just took place in Congress? I don't want to drive 5 hours just to be turned away, because some of our legislatures happened to vote to extend their medical care, their paychecks, and all the while, deny the rest of us what we have been paying them to do. I know Yosemite is shut down, as well as many other taxpayer campgrounds, but I am concerned about the Thanksgiving Gathering that is planned over your way. I'm ready to hook up the little 6 foot "Trolley-Top, Stacker" and head on over there, to enjoy some wonderful Prime-rib dutch oven delights. I gotta get out of this 4 bedoom house, and get some fresh air, away from the freeways and pollution.

By the way. the last time teardroppers encouraged me to enjoy some of their wonderful dutch oven prime-rib creations, was at Lake Shasta, some 11 years ago, and to my surprise, all that was in the kettle, were 3 rib bones that had been painted with grey primer paint! I still have them sitting on my desk, reminding me how special those teardroppers treated me, as a newby, Thanks Grant, I'll never forget it. (I'm still waiting to see my woody trailer, tatooed onto your arm, along with the others).

Please let me know if the event is still on, and I will plan to be there with bells on. Lets see, 5 hours of driving, each way, almost a tank of gas one way, and a wonderful camping experience with many new and old friends and enthusiasts, Yeah , I think it is worth it, since I an anxious to get out of the house and share a bit of wine and a campfire with some campgound friends, that I haven't met yet.

I am afraid I won't have the latest "out-of-the-box" creation finished, (it is number 5) that I have been designing and working on, but will hopefully have it ready for camping with my two dogs, Foxy, Roxy and Tiny, Weeny, Jeanny, at lake Shasta. This new teardrop has no curved plywood, no flat roof or vertical sides, nor any square corners, just compound angles, wierd structural joints, and has been a monumental challenge to slap together. Wow, just wait and see. It's simply another one-off camping trailer, that may end up as a chicken coop, behind the garage someday. Let's see, what is 1/2 of 33 and a half degree angle.........who knows. Whew.
8) :? :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' woody teardop builder in Wildomar, Ca.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Next

Return to South West