Spooky Mountain Camp out, Oct. 17-19, 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Spooky Mountain Camp out, Oct. 17-19, 2014

Postby ccorliss43 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:46 pm

One and only time Halloween vintage trailer and teardrop campout at Silent Valley Campground at 46305 Poppet Flats Road, Banning, CA. Prepare your trailers for a spooky weekend in the mountains. Please visit the teardrop website and campground website to check out all the campground amenities. Camping fee is $35.00 per night, to be paid in advance with registration form. Each site has power and water. We will have a happy hour/appetizer on Saturday 3-5pm (BYOBeverage) potluck. Please read the registration form reminders for campground rules, as a reminder their rules are our rules. Please visit the website below, e-mail Carrousel Corliss at [email protected], or call 951-929-2891. New information: dogs are permitted, up to 4 per site, and standard rules apply. Charcoal is permitted for cooking but no wood is allowed in the charcoal.

This event is closed for registration. Same day show ups will not be permitted to enter the park due to this being a privately owned campground.
Ray and Carrousel
Last edited by ccorliss43 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ccorliss43

Re: Spooky Mountain Camp out, Oct. 17-19, 2014

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 am

R & C,
What a great camping spot! Especially all the amenities. Looks like a swanky resort...thanks for showing it, you lucky members.
We have currently scheduled about eight gatherings, plus our own IRG, to attend for the 2014 TD year, but this place looks like a lot of fun..... :thinking I'm gonna pencil it in on our trip "white board" as 2014 is still in the planning stage.

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby ccorliss43 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Joanie,

it is a great campground and very quaint. It even has an outdoor chapel! We were surprised when we received the invite for our group to come check out their campground some weekend. Once we drove up there and saw it, we knew we had to get our group up there camping. Hope you can make it! Spread the word.

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby twick » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Sounds , and looks really cool, we will give you a check and registration at parker,,,, still wonder about ray zombies and Halloween :twisted:
twick
Donating Member

Postby ccorliss43 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 am

well this is your chance to see! Halloween, Zombies, camping, and Ray....this will be a great time!

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby emiller » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:49 pm

I wanna go. :thumbsup: 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby ccorliss43 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:29 pm

we would love to see you there. it is a great campground. so green, lots of trees, and a very nice campground.

hope you make it!

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby ccorliss43 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm

we started receiving registration forms! I love early planners. We are looking forward to this great campground. we are up to 4 trailers and it is only Jan. Only 9 more months to go. cant wait to see everyone at the next gathering.

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 am

I was looking at the map are those tight steep turns going up there? Looks like most of it is a straight shot.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby ccorliss43 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 am

the way we go up through banning...ray says it is long sweeping curves. we are not sure if you come from the idylwild way what it is like. i know it is nothing like the 36 going to IRG! that was a one time thing that doesnt need to be repeated.

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 am

ccorliss43 wrote:One and only time Halloween vintage trailer and teardrop campout at Silent Valley Campground at 46305 Poppet Flats Road, Banning, CA. Prepare your trailers for a spooky weekend in the mountains. Please visit the teardrop website and campground website to check out all the campground amenities. Camping fee is $35.00 per night, to be paid in advance with registration form. Each site has power and water. We will have a happy hour/appetizer on Saturday 3-5pm (BYOBeverage). Please read the registration form reminders for campground rules, as a reminder their rules are our rules. Please visit the website below, e-mail Carrousel Corliss at [email protected], or call 951-929-2891.

Website: http://teardroptime.weebly.com/spooky-m ... p-out.html

Silent Valley Campground: http://www.silentvalleyclub.com

Ray and Carrousel

I've read all the links provided and I see this is a private campground, am I to assume that non members are not allowed? .....Larry
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:18 am

Redneck Teepee wrote: I've read all the links provided and I see this is a private campground, am I to assume that non members are not allowed? .....Larry

Are you really that new to teardrop & vintage trailer gatherings? Just fill out the form, write a check and mail it to Carrousel and then don't worry about it. Carrousel will take care of everything. :yes:

P.S. Carrousel asks for all to read the park rules, not the park requirements. Why must you make things so difficult?
:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 am

Gage wrote:
Redneck Teepee wrote: I've read all the links provided and I see this is a private campground, am I to assume that non members are not allowed? .....Larry

Are you really that new to teardrop & vintage trailer gatherings? Just fill out the form, write a check and mail it to Carrousel and then don't worry about it. Carrousel will take care of everything. :yes:

P.S. Carrousel asks for all to read the park rules, not the park requirements. Why must you make things so difficult?
:thinking:

Yes I am Gage, Look forward to meeting you though..was not my intent to give anyone a wedgie, my apology's :D
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby ccorliss43 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 am

Yes this is a private membership campground. I have made arrangements with the park and all our trailerites will be able to get in without any issues. First definitely make sure you print the form from our website and provide all the details requested along with a check. I provide all the details to the park prior to arrival and you will be able to enter with no problems. As a reminder, the campground rules are our rules.

It is a nice campground and looking forward to camping at a new place. We were invited by the campground to bring our group there.

If anyone has any questions please email me, PM me, or phone me.

teardroptime.weebly.com (this link has different tabs, choose the spooky mountain tab)

Carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Boy Carrousel, I have to make a tuff decision. Pay you $35 a night or just pay Silent Valley Club RV Resort $5 a night. :thinking: The park is a member of Resorts of Distinction which I'm a member of. Just playing with you. If I go, it'll most likely be thru you. Right now it's just too soon to make a commitment. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to South West