IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014 Recent update

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:07 am

Visit the home page for Pamplin Grove Event under " News " for the latest information on the IRG. :) TDN
On this forum click on the IRG icon below, or go to the top menu for "TD Friendly " Websites.
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:26 am

Less than a week to go! Now is the time to tag your iron, check the trailer hitch, load up your Pinewood Derby Racer, and hit the road.....safe travels to all making this journey. :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:15 pm

box kite is coming the wife pulled the plug on the Cross Bow now call "The Little Blue Trolley" because if I was coming camping with it she had no kitchen and there is more room in the box kite for all that she wanted to come. But once the kitchen is done you will see us on the road somewhere.

anyone staying at Petaluma KOA?
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:57 am

Events list has changed

Here is a printable one in B&W that's Blue and White no Red :lol:

see you there
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

The above schedule is the one on the PG website. A more recent update IS included in the Registration Packets for registered attendees to pick up when they arrive. Schedule is subject to change/adjustments as needed. There will be a DAILY schedule posted at the Cookshack, along with sign-up sheets for the Potlucks, Social Hour, and the activities: Horseshoes, Pinewood Derby, Zentangle (art activity), Basket Weaving (limited to 10). You can just join us at the River for the Ducky Regatta and fill in a space when you choose your Ducky.

Lots happening during the event; you choose what you want to do, or just kick back and relax. 8) Dean & TDN
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 pm

On our way home after another GREAT IRG. Thanks Dean and Joanie. Great to see so many friends we have met over the last years, new ones we met this year like Vicki and Gary, Alaska teardrop all the way from. MI, Brian and Sandi , the international travelers. Staci the glampette, Greg, jon W and lyn, sunflower from tiny yellow teardrop. No doubt photos and stories will show up on their blogs. I took not one photo, but Greg will be posting a cool video soon. Great time!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:08 pm

half way home took less photo's but still the same great people were there. Dean and Joanie each year you out do yourselves.

Lots of new folks from all over the US and Canada too. As Joanie said it is a International Red Wood Gathering.

Ron and Rib.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Home about 7 pm on Monday. It was another great IRG. We enjoyed meeting friends and making new ones, all the activities, and great food. A big THANK YOU to Dean and Joanie, the Magic crew, and many others who made this wonderful event possible.
:applause:
Jim and Sheryl
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:50 pm

got home last night said I was going to retire the Box Kite and finish the new one. But I was not expecting to retire the Carolla quite so soon.

drove into King City go some rest and cold tea and headed out just before Camp Roberts, we were being passed by a gray van which did not wait till he passed us to change lanes :? I lost him in my mirror and then realized he was next to me knocking my mirror off. I slammed the brakes and we slid about 15 feet and then after watching this guy sideswipe us we sideswiped the guard rail took a while for people to stop and check on us. we are ok just could not get out of either door had to climb out the windows. The trailer lost a shock but came out of it in better shape. We were missing a mirror and the other guy did not stop. The CHP let us drive the car home.

despite this unfortunate result we were and are still glad we went to the IRG. Saw old friends so next time when we come we will be pulling a new trailer, the car is at the shop and it sounds like it might be totaled. All that great food and sprit kept us strong.

Ron and Lucia
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:56 pm

OH! So sorry for your troubles, Ron. That horrible driver was probably drunk; but, that isn't a good nor usable excuse for him. The guy may not have had insurance or a valid driver's license anyway. Glad you are both okay. Hopefully, your own insurance will cover the majority of the damages and you will come out of it better in the end. If you check around the area where you were hit, you may find the van, either parked at someone's house or at a repair shop.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm

S. Heisley wrote:OH! So sorry for your troubles, Ron. That horrible driver was probably drunk; but, that isn't a good nor usable excuse for him. The guy may not have had insurance or a valid driver's license anyway. Glad you are both okay. Hopefully, your own insurance will cover the majority of the damages and you will come out of it better in the end. If you check around the area where you were hit, you may find the van, either parked at someone's house or at a repair shop.

Thanks
I looked for you, they said you could not make it. I was a good IRG and many new people new trailers and new ideas.

see you in the future
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:
Thanks
I looked for you, they said you could not make it. I was a good IRG and many new people new trailers and new ideas.

see you in the future

:cry: I felt bad that I couldn't make it. Yes, I hope to make it to future gatherings, Ron. Maybe the next time I see you, you'll be in the new trailer!!! :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey, Dean and Joanie! Did you have the usual vote to see which was the favorite trailer and best idea, farthest distance, etc? Who won?
Also, Would anybody mind if you posted the roster of who attended, after they all get home....?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:12 pm

S. Heisley wrote:OH! So sorry for your troubles, Ron. That horrible driver was probably drunk; but, that isn't a good nor usable excuse for him. The guy may not have had insurance or a valid driver's license anyway. Glad you are both okay. Hopefully, your own insurance will cover the majority of the damages and you will come out of it better in the end. If you check around the area where you were hit, you may find the van, either parked at someone's house or at a repair shop.

she was found and arrested. Now I can relax after I get all the paperwork finished.
saw the video it was great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WudSEOf4h70
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Dean & Debbie Bessom also had their problems on their way home also. They hit a deer about 15 miles before Willis on 101. Their car is in Willis right now getting fixed and neither was hurt (nor the trailer). They were able to rent a PU and take the trailer home. I checked via phone on Tuesday and Deb said they were fine. Ted Hoefer (gudmund) Camano Island, Wash. I got home a few hours ago.
gudmund
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South West