IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon May 19, 2014 11:35 am

If you are registered for this event you may submit your email address on the Pamplin Grove website that you listed on your registration. Once approved you will be able to see more of what is going on, and on the official IRG 5.0/Pamplin Grove site you will find a wealth of information about previous events, updates on the most current 5.0, and other news. The PG forum is a place to share your travel plans, and link up with others who who will also be attending. EVENT REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE NOTIFY US VIA PM IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL. Thanks, Joanie :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: IRG 5.0 Registration Confirmations

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 pm

The IRG 5.0 Confirmation/informational letters are going out today and your SASE should arrive very soon. :D

If you have tried to register or log in on the Pamplin Grove site be sure to use the same email address that you sent in with your registration form. We get so many requests daily on this site (and so many are spammers) that it takes us a bit of time to screen them. If we have accidentally dropped your request to join, please send us your email address again. Members on this forum can PM me if they are having trouble signing up or logging on to the site. Thanks!
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Less than a month to go!

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 am

Dean and I are really in the Teardrop Gathering mode now. Loading up our firehouse with IRG gear and related items, picking up the dash plaques and T-shirts, stuffing the registration packets, etc. We are looking forward to connecting up with previous camping pals and meeting new friends.

Time for you folks to begin preparing your Pinewood Derby racers, tagging your Dutch Ovens, and figuring out how you will glow for the 4th of July light up parade. Summer Camp coming up in less than a month! Don't forget to pack your bathing suit & river shoes. :FNP

ttfn,
Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:05 am

No bathing suit for me!!!! :D

Don't worry. I do not swim. I am a desert dog

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:39 am

In a Jan. 8 post Dean said that the Pinewood Derby was scrubbed! No mention of it since. So it's on now?
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Pinewood Derby Races @ IRG 5.0

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:00 am

Kirk K. originally posted a thread about the races this March under the General Discussion/GD on this forum. Refer to his Pinewood Derby posts about what he has in mind for the event. Things went Gr8 at the Dam Gathering with a variety of racers and ages. It puts FUN into the event when you see the kids racing against the adults...so get your kit and get your build on folks. 8)

We ARE doing a Pinewood Derby racer, rather than a Teardrop Derby racer. But the racer could look like a TD. and Yes, the Pinewood Racer Derby is on....Kirk K. will be bringing his track and managing the racers. I have two to race and am looking for a rematch with Rhino Ray. The IRG Summer Nationals will be on Saturday, final races then. Those attending will have a chance to select People's Choice for their favorite racer, and race winner gets bragging rights. TDN :thumbsup:
Last edited by The Teardrop Nanny on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Esteban » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:23 am

Yipe Yahoo, the mailman delivered a letter from Dean and Joanie today with their enclosed information about IRG camping.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Got a line on a new person for the firewood. We are purchasing and supplying one cord of fir to be shared amongst the campsites and group campfire at the cookshack. If you can bring your own bit of wood to burn (no palettes) that would be great. Sometimes folks only realize how cool the redwoods can be even on a sunny day, when they are under the tree canopy. The camp host should also have some for sale, U-haul by the wheelbarrow, usually 6-7 pieces for $6-7 dollars, should we run out of the fir.
TDN :R
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:24 pm

I got my letter today also. This is almost as much info as first time going to Burning Man. :D

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 am

No letter yet?
But, we will be there letter or not! :twisted:
Personal contact with Dean & Joanie over rides a "letter"
See you there! :thumbsup:
"International" Participants
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:19 am

And Randy, you will get a detailed arrival letter when you pick up your registration pack. 8) TMI is better than not enough...IMHO
Thanks for taking the time to read it as it saves me telling people things time and time again.
Gives folks who have not attended before the chance to prep ahead of time.

Brian, yours had the Canadian stamp you put on it, and it will take longer to arrive north of the border. Here is your personal contact...and would you tell others what you'll be demonstrating during your cooking presentation.

Food, friends, and fun....Teardrop Time! :D
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:25 am

The Family Secret Recipe??
Dare tell?
How are things?
Please PM me.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi,
Wed. post said to PM you.... :D
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Things going great....just got back from a four day camping trip up the coast to clam the extreme low tides. Went to the JST gathering at Ludlum House, a small one with a BIG cabin house, and commuted each morning. Tomorrow will be unloading most of the truck and repacking for the IRG. Coming together quite nicely.... :)
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:45 pm

I just got a new to me Tow vehicle. Not sure if it will be ready for the IRG. Much bigger than anything I have ever had before. It is a 2000 Isuzu Trooper. Need to change the cam belt before I dare to go far.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West