IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby gudmund » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Guess I spoke a little to soon, got to drive to work this morning in 2 to 3 inches of snow, but it's gone already along with it being a bit warmer now - 39 degrees with rain forecast for the rest of the week and than some. Most people think they named this state after the first President, but I think they named it "WASH"ington for a different reason. T.Hoefer
gudmund
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi all....just to let you know that registration is going smoothly and we expect to reach 100 regs by this weekend.
If you signed up on the Pamplin Grove site (new) and have not yet been approved, this is because Dean is patiently waiting to make sure we still recoup 3 more confirmed registrants. He will begin to approve new requests, so be sure you identify who you are when you sign up. Once we open it up to newbies we only want REAL people, not spammers or robots, to have access to our site.

We get SO MANY requests for the Pamplin Grove website, and our Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking site, that are just malicious attempts to invade our privacy and yours. It takes us time to sort through who is real and who is a "catfish", as we have to check profiles, return IP addresses, etc. Our Webmaster does his best to protect us from false entries, so be patient if you have not yet been approved. You can PM Dean or I on this forum to give us a heads up that you are trying to register, but have not had success.
If you have been approved in the past, but can't remember your password, we can't help you with that.... :frightened:
as we don't have access to them. Sometimes I can't even remember my own.....
Dean and I have contacted a number of individuals by phone, PM, and email to give updates. If we somehow missed you, or answering a question for you, please PM one of us as that reduces the amount of site searching we have to do. Once we get through this weekend (Valentines Day & Dean's Birthday !!) we look forward to concentrating on IRG endeavors again.
ttfn,
TDN :FNP
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm

She's talking about Nanny's Niche' forum and I can assign new passwords if you're already signed up but can't remember your password. My plan is to weed through membership requests after registration closes, but that may be a while, so who knows?... I might dive into that sooner.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Tabitha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Dang we will be at the Grand Canyon during this one. Next time we will make it.
Someday, we will learn to take living in stride. Sometime, we will learn to pay less attention to the imagined and stop fussing about things we had nothing to do with in the past - and cannot change significantly in the future. Very soon, we will sit together in the sun a whole day and just be happy that we can sit together in the sun all day and just be happy.
___ Cherokee Author Unknown
Tabitha
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Are you sure we can't put up some sort of roster on who is attending? It was nice to be able to look at a glance and see who or who isn't going. I guess I just don't understand the paranoia of having our names on a list. I don't recall anyone's home being broken into during the last 4 IRG's because they were on a "attending" list. I'm not that way however and also don't worry about the black helicopters. While I don't announce to everyone in the world that I"m going to be gone....on a closed set of names like that, I see no issue. But in keeping with the no names thing....I"ll just sign off with my registration number. Thanks #50
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby rahtware » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:31 pm

how do I sign up to attend? I sent a request to Nanny's Niche' last week, but haven't heard back yet.
Larry & Peggy
Real Airplanes Have Two Wings And Round Engines.
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Esteban » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am

rahtware wrote:how do I sign up to attend? I sent a request to Nanny's Niche' last week, but haven't heard back yet.

There is an IRG 5.0 registration form pamplingrove.com/5.0regform to fill out and mail with your registration fee to the hosts, Dean and Joanie.
:)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:16 pm

for those who do not want to print up the events on your printer in Green and black I changed it to Black and white.

it in my Gallery.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 am

+ 1 what Doug said. Sure would like to have an attendee list, even if it is emailed to us. :thinking:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:57 pm

I, for one, think it's a smart move on Dean and Joanies part, and I pm'd and told them so. I suspect that some attendees prefer not to be displayed on a list. Even though I'm not camping there this year, I would not like my name published if I were. During the last IRG, I was able to pull off the entire roster, without being logged on to the forum, and sort every name by home location on an Excel spreadsheet. Not only would this be a great tool for burglars or someone with a hate-wish; but also, it could leave Dean and Joanie liable and nobody wants that. If someone really wants to know if a certain someone is going to be there, can't they just PM that person and find out that way? Also, when you get to the campground, isn't there a list that tells you who's there or going to be there and where they are camped? If there is something else that you want to know, a PM to Joanie or Dean will most likely give you the answer for that,too; and, that way, they can be certain that they have only given the information to attendees or people that are trustworthy. I applaud Dean and Joanie for their action. :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Some one needs to think about this a little more. A name and state doesn't locate them. In other words, whats the harm, no one is asking for addresses, just names on who is going to be there. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 pm

And few can easily be identified by their real names here. Unless you are a real insider on the forum.
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 am

Guess we are in that few that don't worry so much about people knowing who we are, or if we are attending an event. :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Gage wrote:Some one needs to think about this a little more. A name and state doesn't locate them. In other words, whats the harm, no one is asking for addresses, just names on who is going to be there. :thinking:

That would possibly be true, Gage. However, the old rosters gave more information than that. It also gave the town. For many name combinations, that would be all you would need to look them up in a telephone book or on the Internet. With a roster, you would also know when they were going to be gone and....

Even though my name, address, and phone number are unlisted, I had a forum member look me up on the Internet, using just my name and that I lived in Northern California. They went to Google Map and looked from the photo maps and the picture even showed my tow vehicle in the driveway. It's amazing what people can do nowadays. Why give them any help at it?!

And few can easily be identified by their real names here. Unless you are a real insider on the forum.

The Roster gave people's real names, not their forum names. I doubt a burglar would care about a forum name.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm

As I think a little more about the above subject, there is a way around it. When a person registers to camp at IRG, there could be a box that they could check that would give permission to use their name or how they want to be listed. That way, if they didn't want their name listed, their "name" could be "Guest" plus their registration number. :) It's too late for this year; but, for future years, problem solved.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West