Seven Sisters Fest July 11-13 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Seven Sisters Fest July 11-13 2014

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:45 am

:vroom: :wine: :beer: The Seven Sisters Fest sevensistersfest.com will have their second annual craft beer and music festival on July 11 - 13, 2014. It is a camping festival being held near San Luis Obispo, California at El Chorro Regional Park El Chorro Park next to Highway One midway between the cities of San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. It is a pretty, semi-rural, park about five miles away from each of the two cities. There is a public 18 hole golf course in the park too if that tickles your fancy.

Frequently asked questions: sevensistersfest.com/faq
Directions sevensistersfest.com/directions
2014 musical lineup sevensistersfest.com/bands
2014 activities schedule sevensistersfest.com/schedule
2014 featured breweries and wineries sevensistersfest.com/beer

Camping reservations are available through their website: sevensistersfest.com/camping
ON-SITE FESTIVAL CAMPING

Experience 7SF to the fullest! Spend the weekend with us—reserve your on-site festival campsite now!
Call Toll Free 888-992-7397

El Chorro Regional Park & Campground features on-site festival camping in a beautiful laid-back environment. Starry nights and acoustic music around the campfire are the perfect way to end a 7SF day. Spaces for both full-hookup and non-hookup sites are available but limited. Advanced reservations for camping are necessary prior to the Festival. The Campground is adjacent to the festival grounds and is a short walk to the main stage.

A two-night minimum camping stay (Friday and Saturday) is required and Festival passes will be included in the cost of your campsite. Camping in the overflow areas is cozy (festival style) so make new friends and be courteous to your neighbors.

For fee information and to reserve your campsite at El Chorro Campground, call Toll Free 1-888-992-7397 (listen to the message and follow the prompts). Campsites are limited so call and reserve today!

For other nearby campgrounds including Morro Bay State Park, Morro Strand State Beach, and Montaña De Oro...

tripadvisor.com/Review-El_Chorro_Regional_Park

I did not get to go to the first Seven Sisters Fest. It's in my hometown San Luis Obispo. I will probably go for at least a day this coming summer. I am considering camping there with a full festival pass. If you camp at the festival site you will have additional camp ground only concerts, on site parking, and other benefits including entrance to the botanical garden and ranger guided hikes.

The beautiful San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden slobg.org is part of to El Chorro Park.

San Luis Obispo has a weekly Thursday Night Farmer's Market SLO Thursday Night Farmer's Market that is very fun. In the summer several downtown blocks will be filled with growers stands selling locally grown fruits and vegetables. Fresh sweet strawberries will be in season. Local restaurants have a block (actually more than one) filled with food and BBQ booths too so you can enjoy a casual Thursday night snack or dinner.

visitsanluisobispocounty.com highlights local attractions and has an events calendar if you want to plan other things to do for an extended stay.

California State Parks in the San Luis Obispo Coast District We have beautiful state parks along the coast. Several have camp grounds on or near the ocean that you could stay in before, during, or after the Seven Sisters Fest.
San Luis Obispo Coast District

Halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles along the central California coastline is a meeting of land and sea that is an integral part of the California State Parks system. Beaches, waterfalls, natural and cultural preserves are all part of the Central Coast State Parks. In this breathtaking region, redwoods march down to the sea, wildlife thrives along the rugged coastline, and sand dunes protect endangered plants and animals as part of this natural treasure. Dream-like Hearst Castle floats ethereally above the clouds and historic buildings in San Simeon take us back to California's Spanish heritage.

BTW nearby Montana de Oro State Park campground is where we had the first SLO Gathering which filled the camp ground. Happy memories of my first teardrop gathering. Montana de Oro
Last edited by Esteban on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Re: Seven Sisters Fest July 11-13 2014

Postby Esteban » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Joanie and Dean now have a date for IRG5.0
The dates we have reserved for the IRG 5.0 are as follows:

JULY 2nd (Wed) through JULY 6th (Sun) of 2014. 8)

You could go to IRG and to the Seven Sisters Fest which begins soon afterwards on Friday, July 11, 2014. Just enough time, four days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) to leisurely travel from the Eureka, CA area to San Luis Obispo, CA for Seven Sisters.

Google Maps says the distance from Pamplin Grove to El Chorro Regional Park is between 504 miles and 581 miles depending on the route you take. It might allow time to leisurely travel south on Highway One. Maybe for camping in Big Sur along the way. Or take US Highway 101 most of the way.

If people do it together it could be a traveling adventure.

Off the top of my head: Monday night in Mendocino or Fort Bragg. Tuesday night near the San Francisco Bay Area. Wednesday night at Big Basin Redwoods State Park or in Santa Cruz area. Thursday night in the Big Sur area.

Or, maybe three travel days, and a rest and recuperation day. :Flippin Burger: :thinking: :thinking:

There could be many variations on the idea. :thinking: :) :vroom:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Just talked to one of the organizers of Seven Sisters Fest. The campground is sold out of full hookup RV sites (about 60). They are negotiating with the county to add more non hookup camp sites and hope end up with 250 to 300 sites. Will have plenty of porta potties. There is a permanent bathroom with hot showers in the campground. If we get a group together they can designate a group area for us. He said a group of brewers camped together last year. Sounded like a nice guy. He'll let me know more in a week or so.

To be able to camp at music festivals is one of the reasons I want to "finish" my teardrop trailer by this summer. I've outgrown sleeping in a tent on the ground.

Will share more information as I get it. So far, it looks like at least one person from tnttt, other than myself, is going to Seven Sisters.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Midget » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:48 pm

We spoke with the guy in early January and he still hadn't figured out what he was doing about camping. We told him what we wanted and gave him our email address. Still haven't heard from him. Since it's still months away we'll sit tight.
Midget
Teardrop Master

Postby Esteban » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Midget, I may need to do some investigation of Tap It Brewery this evening to find out more about them and Seven Sisters Fest. It will cost me at least $5.00 for the investigation of their tap room. It's a rainy day in SLO and Tri-Tip Thursday at Tap It Brewery. For my investment I'll get a beer, a tri-tip slider, and listen to some live jazz. Somebodies gotta do it. TRI-TIP THURSDAY
TRI-TIP THURSDAY

Come join Tap It Brewing Co. every Thursday from 5:00-8:00 for Tri-Tip Thursday! The Pairing Knife Food Truck and Tap It Brewing Co. are teaming up with live music on our outdoor patio. For only $5.00 we will provide you with a gourmet Tri-Tip Slider and refreshing Tap It Beer. Be sure to tell your friends, stop on by, and join us for our weekly Tap It Tri-Tip Thursday!

2/6/2014 - 5:00PM - 8:00PM Feat. STEVE SCUDDER DUO

Steve Scudder and his partner hit the stage as a Jazz Duo.

:beer:

Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Midget » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Steve,

I feel really bad you have to go through that. We've been to Tap It and know it's not the best place for beer and BBQ :lol: . Maybe we can drive over and take your place to ease the suffering :twisted: .
Bob
Midget
Teardrop Master

Postby Esteban » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Thank you Bob. That is very big hearted of you, and yours, to offer to relieve me. Somehow, I'll make myself do it on this cold (brr 54F), wet (.62 in.), winter day. Wouldn't want you to have to waste your time and gas. I can eat oatmeal from the food coop tomorrow, without any milk or sugar, to offset my frivolous investigation/splurge today. Gotta go. It's almost 5PM and time for the investigation to begin.
:beer:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:39 pm

The Seven Sisters Fest now has the musical line up on their web site. sevensistersfest.com/bands
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Return to South West