Sac to Hemet & back?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Sac to Hemet & back?

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:22 pm

Alright all you southerners. I need some directional assistance. I'm going to Hemet, CA for Turkey Day next week and am wondering if Mapquest is giving me the best directions when pulling a teardrop on a holiday. We'll be leaving Woodland, just north of Sacramento, on Wendesday afternoon and spending that night at the Lost Hills KOA somewhere on I-5. Thursday morning, Turkey Day, Mapquest recommends we continue on I-5 to I-210E.
Merge onto CA-57S.
Merge onto CA-71S
Merge onto CA-60E
Take I-215S.
Take CA-74E.
Exit onto Warren Rd.
We'll be coming home on Friday morning following the route back. Any thoughts as to traffic conditions? Remember, I'm not used to driving in traffic.

Thx in advance,
Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:14 pm

Boy Rob, it's a zoo down here then. The I-210 is most likely where you'll have most of your slow down going thru Pasadena. Also, stay on I-210 all the way to I-15, go south to the 60 and head east (you may get lost or confused doing CA-57 & 71). Thru Riverside it also becomes I-215 & CA-60. There is fwy construction in Riverside so watch yourself (it's at the interchange). About 5 miles past that interchange the 215 bares off right, so be in one of the two right lanes and then you'll be home free. Maybe another hour to dinner. I'm pretty sure that there is also a sign noting Hemet for the CA-74 off ramp. Oh and CA-74 is just a main road, not a hwy.

Have a safe drive. You can't miss Lost Hills. It's in the midle of nowhere and you'll see it for a couple of miles before you get there. It'll be on your right along side the fwy and I think there is only one camp ground there.

Have a good day.

8)
P.S. PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number, just in case. You'll pass within 30 miles of me. And if you need some help or get lost by chance I can help (some how). :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby John T3 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:13 am

Gage's directions are good; however, you want to take the second 74 exit off the 215. The first one, (in Perris) will come up about four miles before the one you want for Hemet. You want the 74 EAST.

Also that interchange construction at the 215/60/91 is a real mess. We locals avoid it like the plague. The only decent way around it is to take the 91 south as you approach the interchange and go down into Riverside about four or five miles and exit on Central. Make a left and travel east up this main surface street. Ten miles later, you'll come to the 215 which you will take south. Central changes its name to Alesandro, but you won't notice when it does. You really aren't going out of your way, and you'll cut off two tough interchanges. Good Luck!
John T3
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:31 am

John, we're talking about the same off ramp. The one in Romoland that after it goes over/under the fwy becames 74 east. The reason I said to go straight thru the famous Riverside interchange (even before reconstruction) is because he'll be coming up the 60 and he doesn't have to try and make a transition at that mess. If he stays in the #2 (second from left) lane, he should be able to slide right through with out to much trouble. I know the way your talking. That's the way I go when I'm coming down the 215.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:10 am

Hey, this is great! I now know how to get there and what to expect. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I really appreciate it. :applause:
Thx, Rob
Rob

Rob
500 Club

Postby John T3 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:56 pm

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It is the 74 WEST/4th Street exit he wants to pass by. (This would take him to Lake Elsinore.) I didn't mean to complicate his journey.
John T3
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:41 am

Gage, John T3--
I finally had a chance to take a look at my Thomas map last night with your comments in hand. The section where I take 91 south to Central and Alesandro appears to be non-freeway. Since I'll be towing a trailer through there late morning on Thanksgiving Day and back early Friday (Black Friday) morning will traffic be an issue?

Thx, Rob
Rob

Rob
500 Club

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:00 pm

Gage, John--

I took your suggestions and made it down and back. I really appreciate the assistance. It took me 10 hours to get there Wednesday night - didn't stop to camp, just drove straight through. :shock: Heading home on Friday I drove up Highway 79 to I-10, then I-210 then I-5. Took 9 hours to get home. Slept all day yesterday. :lol:

Thx, Rob
Rob

Rob
500 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:40 pm

10 hours is good. Glade to hear that you drove straight through. That was a good decision. I think it would have taken you 10 hours from Lost Hills Thursday. Glade you had a safe drive.

Have a good day.

8)
Next time, you'll have to come down through the High Desert and stop by going through Palmdale. I almost sugested that you come this way. It's a little longer but you miss a lot of traffic. But you did good.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to South West