Pictures from the 2014 Rt 66 Fun Run

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Pictures from the 2014 Rt 66 Fun Run

Postby mkitchen » Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am

Not to be confused with the International Rt 66 Festival that will be happening in August.

The Rt 66 Fun Run as a rolling car show that occurs every year on the first weekend of May. This year was a great turn out as usual and I believe that there were even more trailers than the norm. Since Mo and I had family coming up from Phoenix we were not able to get out to Seligman on Friday and camp with fellow travelers. We were going to go out to Seligman on Saturday morning with our 71 Ford truck but the weather was so nice that we opted to ride out on our motorcycle.

So here are some of the pictures that we got over the weekend. There are a few from Seligman though most are from the show in Kingman and then a few more from Sitgrieves pass on Sunday morning as the cars were traveling through Oatman and on to Golden Shores.

Starting out with some shots from Seligman

This just seems like such a perfect shot. All it needs to round it out is for the gentleman to be playing a fiddle, guitar or banjo. Old cars, old trailers and blue grass music just really belong together.

I know, this one is not a trailer, but who can resist a classic bike and sidecar.

That's all the pictures I got from Seligman but I will be posting more pictures a bit later.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: Pictures from the 2014 Rt 66 Fun Run

Postby mkitchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

Well, I figured that I had better get back to posting these pictures. It's just really hard to be inside when it is so nice outside. Here are some pics from the 66 run that I took in Kingman.

This SteadyBreaker was a real beauty and the tear tied in really well. It sounded pretty nice and I don't think these folks had any problems climbing any hills.

Here is a nice little rat rod towing a Crosly that was made into a trailer.

Can't leave out these fellows, they have been coming to the 66 run for many years and it wouldn't be the same without them. Sorry Eddy, I thought that I got your car/trailer in this shot as well, but just barely got your right front fender in. Need a better camera or someone competent behind the camera.

A lot of time spent on the detail of this outfit.

Got lots of other pictures but these are the ones with trailers. This should give folks a taste of some of the great cars, trucks and trailers that come out for the Rt 66 Fun Run. I will post up the few pictures that I took on Sunday. So, more to come.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: Pictures from the 2014 Rt 66 Fun Run

Postby mkitchen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Half way through summer and I still haven't finished posting pictures from this spring's Fun Run. Well here are the few from the Sunday run from Kingman to Golden Shores. Actually a lot of the folks call it quits after they hit the ghost town of Oatman. You really need to leave early to get to Oatman in time to get a good spot to park and catch all the vehicles. Since everyone at the house was pretty worn out by Sunday morning, I chose to take my old Ford (71 F 250 4X4) up to Sitgrieves pass and catch the cars going by. So with a newspaper, thermos of coffee and a favorite camp chair, I took off for the top of the mountain to watch everyone wind up the road.

So here's a few shots from my last day of the Fun Run.

So that is pretty much it for this year's Fun Run. It really is a very unique run, it that it travels each day with some very fun stops along the way. If you can get away for the 2015 Fun Run I highly recommend going. You will certainly enjoy it.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Return to South West