Still time for the AZ Tearjerkers Green Retreat!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Still time for the AZ Tearjerkers Green Retreat!

Postby mkitchen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Sorry, I posted this in the TearJerkers forum and forgot to get it in TnTTT's. For all the info, you can go to this site http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/vi ... 548#p91548

Arizona Tear Jerkers Green Gathering, September 4-7, 2014
Postby mkitchen

By this time of year, if you are in the southwest, you are getting a bit tired of high temps and shades of brown scenery. If you are like Mo and I, you would like to get into the tall pines. To remedy that we are putting on the first annual Arizona Tear Jerkers Green Retreat in cool, comfortable Flagstaff AZ. We will be gathering at the Pine Grove campground, 19 miles south of Flagstaff, on Lake Mary Rd. You can go fishing, hiking, bicycling or just relax at camp and enjoy the cool weather and wildlife. This is also the weekend of the Rt 66 Charity Car Show in Flagstaff. If you still have the energy there are some wonderful Indian ruins and museums to check out. There is water, restrooms and showers at the campground.

We will be having a pot luck Saturday evening and I am working on getting an astronomy lecture at the amphitheater on Friday night.

Campsites can be reserved after March 4, 2014. There are 24 campsites available via reservation and for an additional fee can accommodate two small trailers. Here is the web site for registrations but again, we can only register six months before the event; http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Pineg ... ampingSpot

So, at this point, not too much info, but enough to get this gathering on your calender.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: Still time for the AZ Tearjerkers Green Retreat!

Postby mkitchen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 pm

The Green Retreat is getting closer!
Mo and I were in the Flagstaff area last weekend and drove through Pine Grove campground. It did indeed look green after all the desert we traveled through to get there. Don't know about you folks, but we are already getting tired of the warm weather.

Here is some teaser pictures that we got that day.

As you can see, there really is a lot of space between sites. The restrooms and showers looked very clean and well taken care of and the camp hosts seemed very friendly.
If you haven't gotten your reservations in yet, you should get that done. directions for registering are in the above post.
Looking forward to a great camp out.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby noseoil » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm

I booked the last available site on Tuesday (8-12-14) at the campground. There may be some "first come-first serve" sites available still, not sure. It was a call to a call center in Asia somewhere, interesting conversation. Hope to meet a few folks there over the weekend, take pictures & get ideas for the build. I'm not bringing the trailer on this trip (not much to see anyway yet in progress), just the truck. There's plenty of camping in the area on forest roads for people who don't have a reservation in the campground. Free camping if you find a good spot to park in the national forest and set up.
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mkitchen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 pm

It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun and a great turn out. Our camp site will have the AZ Tearjerkers banner.
I am picturing seeing a whole lot of teardrops and tiny travel trailers.
See you all there.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Return to South West