Return to the glyphs austin

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby nevadatear » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Headed off to Austin, nv next weekend for a rustic little gathering. Free!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410753461.060618.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410753461.060618.jpg (160.75 KiB) Viewed 1561 times

September 18-21, 2014 near Austin, NEVADA
Jefferson State TearJerkers’ Reunion at the Glyphs at the Hickeson Petroglyphs Campground, 25 miles east of historic Austin, NV, and just off Hwy 50, dry primitive camping with vault toilets, self-guided petroglyph trail, nearby natural hot springs, spectacular star gazing, maybe ride the Ghost Train in Ely a couple of hours east. More info from [email protected]
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: Return to the glyphs austin

Postby grant whipp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 am

Hey ... that car & trailer sure look familiar ... ;) ...!

A handfull of us will be heading for Ely on Saturday morning to ride the 1:00 PM Ghost Train! The whole gathering is going to be laid back & relaxing! C'mon out and chill!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby danlott » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Not going to be able to make this one. I have the time off from work, but want to get the fiberglass on my trailer before it turns off cold. Honk you horns and wave if you guys pass through Winnemucca.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Dan & Co. ... we'll miss you ... :cry: ...!

Trying a different route out this year ... it won't be taking us near Winni, but we'll think of you several times over the weekend ... :thumbsup: ...!

Let's see ... playing with fiberglass, or going camping? I think I know which one you would rather be doing ... :o ...!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby teamredjeep » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 am

As newbies, this was a fun event. We pulled our Kodiak Adventure Trailer in on Wednesday afternoon and got set up close to dark. I took a walk around and found a site that I liked better, so the following morning we relocated. Folks started coming in and we met them as they came in. Day 2 we needed to go find a "must find" geocache so we told the group we would be gone for a bit. They seized the opportunity to TP the rig and welcome us officially. :applause: Very nice. It was a fun time meeting folks, touring their rigs, taking pictures of cool ideas we may need to incorporate into our rig, and the good potluck on Friday night. You all take camp cooking to a very high level. :thumbsup: I am sure we will meet up again at another adventure.

Mike, Tami & Atlas
aka Team Red Jeep
teamredjeep
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I have to leave the pics to others, we didn't take any. Tami and Mike you missed the deluge on sat. ! It clouded up @3 and gave the engineer types among the group to mcgiver a shelter with many tarps to make a gathering place for pot luck and socializing. Then it rained. For 12 hrs. All night. A few folks found leaks, and we remembered far too late to dump the water off the easy up occasionally. We woke to a eazyup with a giant udder and a broken shelter. Lesson learned. It was still great fun with new people to meet. Jay, tami and mike & Ian, great to meet you!

9 tears, 2 standies.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby teamredjeep » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:14 am

We did not hit rain until we were going over Sonora Pass. We sure do need the rain though. Why do you all seem to be a draw for rain during camp-outs? Was there rain dancing going on that we did not hear about? :thinking:

Mike & Tami
teamredjeep
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Mike & Tami!

It was great meeting and camping with you and Atlas! As I told you Friday evening, Dave & I sure could have put your Jeep to good use on our little adventure that day! Kay & I will be looking forward to camping with again in the near future! As always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to South West