Buttonwillow Racing Flash Camp

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Buttonwillow Racing Flash Camp

Postby Midget » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:07 pm

We have decided to hit the SCCA road races at Buttonwillow Raceway Park this coming weekend. We'll be heading there Friday morning and camping at the sunset turn. It will be turn one this weekend as they will be running the course counter clock wise. If anyone is interested in joining us, PM me.

Did I say there are flush toilets, free hot showers, temps in the low 80's and the price to get in the gate is FREE?! :thumbsup:

Bob and Lynn
Midget
Teardrop Master

Re: Buttonwillow Racing Flash Camp

Postby Midget » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:58 am

Had another great weekend of camping and racing! It was a little warm on Friday but the rest of the weekend was fantastic. Due to it being the end of the season and just a few weeks after the national runoffs at Laguna Seca, the car count was a little lite but there was still some great racing. Most of it was in the lower places like 3-4 or 7-8. The leaders took off with amazing leads but the middle of the pack was fun to watch. The last race on Sunday was the Spec Miata's with 25 cars. They are pretty much built the same and it's the driver's who determine who will win. The announcer calls it Japanese Nascar. Always a fun one to watch.

We picked up the 2015 SCCA schedule and are waiting for the vintage group to publish theirs and then I'll post the camping schedule for 2015. It would be great to get some more trailers to come out. We always get people walking through and giving tours of our trailer. I think it would be fun to have a little trailer park set up.

Bob
Midget
Teardrop Master

Return to South West