Buckskin gathering Dec 4th - Dec 7th, 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Buckskin gathering Dec 4th - Dec 7th, 2014

Postby Gage » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Well Grant, my statement stands. I've been to every one of the Buckskins and last year was not the first to be cold and or rainy. Food is always coming to the serving table no matter if you have a set time or move it. That’s not what I was talking about. I was talking about the general rudeness of the line. And I’m not the only one who noticed that. I’m just the one who will speak up.

Like I always say: If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn’t fit, don’t worry about it.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Well ...

... you know what they say about not being able to please all of the people all of the time ...

... and I'll stand by what I said, as well ... especially the part about "practicing and encouraging thoughtfulness."

'Nuff said!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby mkitchen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm

grant whipp wrote:
Gage wrote:You mean a cattle call like last year or was it a stampede? They acted like they had never been to a ‘pot luck’ before and started the line moving before all the food was on the table. I guess they just felt that they wouldn’t get anything to eat ...

Hey, now, Gage!

That's pretty unkind ... :thumbdown: ,,,! Perhaps you've forgotten that because of the cold weather, last year, that a decision was made to move the time up on the potluck, and that there was considerable confusion over that because of the wacky time issues you get to experience in that Park. A lot of folks spend a lot of time, effort, and money to prepare delicious food for their fellow campers, and would like said fellow campers to enjoy that food while it is still HOT! As well, with some of the food coming in later, the folks at the end of the line did get some hot food.

It was frickin' cold, last year (and it was clear that most folks were not prepared for that!) ... no one was in the mood to hang around and freeze while their food got cold ... [b][i]or follow ONE line when there was clearly room for two, again so we could eat our food while it was relatively warm. It wasn't the best situation, and we did the best we could under the circumstances, so let's not be so critical, O.K. ... :thinking: ...?

With regards to people piling their plates and throwing so much away, well, that's a perennial problem that can only be solved by practicing and encouraging thoughtfulness. Come to think of it, that would make a whole lot of things, everywhere, better ...

CHEERS!

Well said. It was very cold and everyone chose to eat and run but the event was still a lot of fun. There is a time difference with California and Arizona at this time of year and we are right on the border so some confusion would be natural. I did not know that Eddy is not hosting this event anymore, so who is the go to person now?

Mikey
Last edited by mkitchen on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:34 pm

daveleb55 wrote:The Las Vegas group will be there on Thursday. Hope to see everyone then. Gage so glad to hear you will be there, be sure to visit our group for Friday night dinner. We have something special planned.

Kathleen & Dave

Boy, howdy, I better make sure that I am down there for Friday night then. I don't want to miss out on your gathering, they are always a lot of fun.
Mo and I are looking forward to seeing the two of you again.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:44 pm

:MLAS See you all in a few days. Sure wish it would stop rainning for a bit so I can start putting stuff back in the trailer that I took out because I was thinking of not going. Hope the weather outlook for Parker stays good for this weekend. :worship:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Gage the outlook said mid 70's for high mid 50's for low see you in a couple of days
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mkitchen » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 pm

This is terribly short notice but due to a knee injury, Mo and I had to cancel our reservation to the Buckskin gathering. I called the park office and let them know so this opens up a spot for someone else. It looks like it is going to be a very nice weekend and I hope someone can take advantage of the site. I believe that we were in site 12.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:16 am

Wish we were there! :cry:
Probably sunny and warm? 8)
We woke up to a couple of inches of fresh snow this morning. :(
Wishing you guys that are there, a Fun Weekend!! :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Hope to be there with you in 2015. :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Where are the pictures? :pictures: :pictures:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby mkitchen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, since Mo and I ended up missing the gathering, we too would love to see some pictures.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:43 pm

I didn't take any sorry
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to South West