Thank you to all that made our Treasure Island Meet & Greet such a fun and special time!!
Dawn and I cannot thank you enough for being so nice to the public and our Hosts Angie and Charlie.
A two day Public Meet & Greet is not the norm for a trailer rally and the volume of visitors was amazing.
All the kind comments and Thank You’s are so appreciated. We are very lucky to have a special relationship that allows us the ability to have this event on Treasure Island.
The Views and Weather were simply amazing. Dawn and I noticed that we actually got a little bit of a sunburn!!
Thank you to all for the fun of the Appetizer Social!! Dawn and I and others were commenting on how good all the food was and how it ranks as being one of the best for a semi-disorganized potluck of favorites. I actually am craving a couple of the items right now!!
I know that people are very upset that I “The Most Complete Travel Trailer In The World”, “Tours Every 5 Seconds” and “Mam you WILL HAVE TO LEAVE THE TRAILER, I AM SO SORRY YOU CAN NOT STAY” that I DID NOT WIN the People’s Choice Award. People are still BOOOOOING the results. I will not name names but many people have said that the honest people counting the votes may have been drinking WINE!! In the Name of being Humble I have decided to let the results remain as counted. The Trophy has been sent to the Engravers. Congratulation again to Mary and John Blackard and their 1949 KampMaster Teardrop!! Again congratulations to Mr. Trailer Park King Rob Biaggi!! Rob was at his highest level of Trailer Park excellence!! From to Head to Toe Rob exemplified the ambiance and trailerama of a time passed!!
Thank you to our Treasure Island Queens Dawnika and Danielle for their Grace and Beauty. They represented the Trailer Show and brought the crowds to our paddock as they met their Public.
Big Thank You to Dano for helping Dawn and I make this event a fun time. Dano stepped forward to help everyone find their spots and again helped me in many ways where I needed. Dano and Mindy were there at our first event and have been there helping each year.
Again all thanks to everyone and look to more fun to come.
Dawn and Dave
PARTY!!! ONE MORE DAY!! SEE EVERYONE SATURDAY!!!SOLD OUT!!
Hope everyone has been out with their trailers enjoying the beautiful weather!! We are going to Half Moon Bay and Henry Cowell for a week of camping next week.
I wanted to say thank you for all the interest in the Treasure Island Meet & Greet IV!! We have had so many responses and of course have limited space.
We are going to ask for a small fee for this year to cover expenses and a gift to our hosts (Owners of the TI Flea Market). Just and FYI, my wife Dawn loves giving a goodie bag to attendees that reflect our event. We are also trying to make sure those who commit are committed to attending. Previously we have had individuals that commit and then bail last minute. We want to make sure that you understand the commitment and the duration of the event.
1. The Event is only one night only on Treasure Island September 26th. If you are traveling a distance you may want to camp Friday night at Anthony Chabot (Castro Valley) campgrounds on your own.
2. This is On Treasure Island!! We will provide directions and tips on how to cross the bridge(Toll for trailers is 15 dollars!!))
3. You must be at the staging area at 7:30 am Saturday morning. We have a small window to move the trailers, line them up and unhitch and move tow vehicles.
4. You must stay for the duration of the Event Sunday 3:00 PM. There are so many people attending this event we cannot have trailers moving out during the event. The Public is very clueless to their own SAFTEY and would not be looking for a trailer and tow vehicle moving.
5. We will move trailers over to the paddock in groups of two and threes to safely set up. If you need an hour to level and unhitch your trailer then you may want to consider another event.
6. We will have an area for Vintage Trailers and another area for Teardrops. The areas will be right next to each other.
7. There are limited facilities; Porta Potties and Hand Wash Stations will be within in our area.
8. There are no hook ups!
9. There is no Dump Station.
10. There is no water hook ups!
11. No Fires.
12. This is dry camping.
13. Outdoor cooking is not allowed. You are encouraged to enjoy the food trucks.
14. Each Day is an all-day OPEN House for the Public. Hours are 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. You are not obligated to open your trailer to share with the public but it is highly encouraged.
15. There is a People Choice Award whereupon the public votes for their favorite trailer. Votes are tallied at the Saturday evening social appetizer potluck. To win you have encourage the public to vote for your trailer. Past attendees have been very vocal about voting for their trailer.
16. Your Tow Vehicles cannot stay with your trailer. They will be parked in a free parking lot area close to our paddock.
17. Consider this a Vintage Trailer show for the Public.
18. You will be an all-day ambassador for your trailer and represent the trailerites community. You will have so many questions throughout the day. Previous attendees have found the experience to be a bit exhaustive because people love these trailers.
19. If you love to Glamp then the public will love you even more.
20. If you are an extrovert and love to talk you will be admired by the public.
21. Vintage Wear encouraged. Guys with Vintage Hawaiian Shirts or Vintage Bowling Shirts go to the Front of the line.
22. We are going to try and recreate that Vintage Trailer Park Theme or a Vintage Trailer Show format.
23. If you need to take a break, want to walk the Flea Market or grab some food. Just let your trailer neighbors know you are going to be gone for a while and lock up your trailer.
24. Assume that anyone at any time a public guest may help themselves to your items in your trailer. Be alert and keep valuables on your person or lock them up. Unfortunately we have to assume that temptation exists people will respond. There have been other trailer rallies (not TI) where unfortunately a purse or a wallet has gone missing.
25. Everyone who has attended in the past has had a blast, the VIEWS are incredible, The Gourmet Food Trucks are the best food you will ever have camping, the Treasure Island Flea Market is a shoppers paradise! When everyone has left for the day you get the sunset, the city lights, the bay, and the bridges.
We are going to assign slots based on a couple of requirements.
1. Previous attendees have first priority.
2. Expression of initial interest will be weighted based upon time stamp of the e-mail you have providing interest.
3. Receipt of a $35 dollar attendance fee.
4. First to pay have first chance at remaining slots.
5. This is not a KOA or a State park with assigned sites. This is a large grassy paddock. I will visual assign spots based on size of trailer and try and group trailers by year and brand. This is a Trailer Show and geared to the benefit of the public and patrons of the Treasure Island Flea Market.
6. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with acknowledgement that you have been selected or that you have been put on to a waiting list.
7. We want to make sure you have a great time and a unique experience. We are just like you and will try our best to accommodate requests and answer questions.
8. Again you have to think of this as a PUBLIC MEET & GREET / A TRAILER SHOW! Does this sound like something you would enjoy?? Do I like to show your trailer to the public?? Do I like to talk to the Public?? Do I like gourmet food trucks?? Do I like to Shop?? Do I like to have cocktails at the bar?
If you would like to proceed please either PayPal $35 dollars to my PayPal account under the transfer of funds to a family or friend (No PP Fee) to the account: Supershady1@Hotmail.com
. If you do not have a Pay Pal account you can mail a check Payable to Dave Kappadahl. My Mailing address is The Kappadahl, 2853 Millbridge Place, San Ramon, California 94583. Refunds will be provided based upon availability of spaces and cancellations up to three weeks in advance of the event.
Again we want to make sure that people are committed to attending and that we have expenses on goodie bags, banners and a gift for our hosts.
I will post a list of attendees and that have paid in full along with slot number on http://WWW.TNTTT.COM
under the southwest forum Treasure Island Thread a list will also go out to the email distribution.
Sorry for the delay but busy with two teenagers, work and all that brings with it.
Dave and Dawn Kappadahl
If you have questions please either e-mail or call. I will try and respond within an appropriate time frame 9258993599
TREASURE ISLAND Teardrop and Tiny Trailer Meet and Greet IV.
September 26th & 27th!!!
We have approval for September!!!
SPACE IS LIMITED: PLEASE PM ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION!!
I am thinking maybe 15 spaces maybe 16...17 would be pushing it. I need to kindly speak to our hosts.
Please look at the previous years post and tell me if you are interested.
We had a blurb in the Vintage Trailer Magazine last month and I am already get a handful of calls for 2015 spaces!!
The List:1 Supershady1 Dawn & Dave Shasta
2 Claudia East
3 Carol Andrews
4 Mary Blackard
5 Dano and Mindy
6 Kurt Yunker
7 Brian Deleon
8 Andrew Reuther
9 Jerry Bleeg
10 Tabitha Youngstrom
11 Bill Parker
12 Michelle Harris
13 John van den Heuvel
14 JONE M STEBBINS
15 Donald Kidd
16 Jay Topping
17 Karen Lupo
18 Julie Robinson
19 Kennet Lewis
20 Robert Klope
21 Bonnie Gonzales
22 Laura Parker
23 Nathan Frederick
25 I will resort names, add the new people and sort alphabetically ...I it has no meaning other than I Have nothing to do.
We had a great time on Oahu, one week on Waikiki and another on North Shore.
We met (Dawn and I) with the Treasure Island Flea Market owners last week at the Flea Market.
I was bit nervous as the flea market and the number of vendors has exploded!! So many gourmet food trucks!! YUM YUM!!
Good News is that we will have the North Paddock all to our selves!!! for those of you that have been before this is North of the Food trucks and will give us PLENTY of space. There are also two sets of porta potties and wash stations very close by.
I am thinking we can have a big horse shoe of Trailers and then in the center a corral of teardrops!!
The net is that we have lots of space.
This is dry camping so no hook ups and I am thinking no reachable power. But I will have another look.
I think this year we will look for a small fee to help with the awards, goodie bags and gift to TIFM owners.
Dawn and I very excited to have the North Paddock, as this will give us lots of space to get in and un-hook, and present the trailers in a more social atmosphere. Last year we were all lined up and did not have the chance to visit until the Saturday nite Social. We will not be crammed in with all the food trucks and bars.
I think we will have a sign made like "TrailerRama" or "Angie's Trailer Park"(after the TIFM owner)....anyone who might have an idea on something vintage sounding? Vintage Trailer Show/Expo/Corral??
We will again encourage the Public to VOTE for your favorite trailer!! last years winner is returning to defend their championship and will be bringing the People Choice TROPHY!!
We will also have the potluck social saturday evening at around 5:30. Please bring your favorite favorite to share with the group, people brought wine, appetizers, fruit and it was a really nice turnout!!
I am going to post up the list and then get everyone to recommit through a PM and $.
Get those trailers ready!!
Dawn and Dave
[color=#FF0000]Dave and Dawn’s Top Ten or Eleven Top Treasure Island Tips!!
1. Bring Money, Cash is King, you will need money for the toll bridge (3 axles regular toll of $5.00 times 3 axles - $15.00), the food trucks do take cards , some do not. You will want to go explore all the cool TI flea market vendors. You get a vendor discount being a part of the Flea Market!!
2. Get to the Pan Am Airline terminal at 7:30. The earlier the better as we will need to slowly bring over trailers 2 to 3 at a time. The Flea Market Opens at 10 am!!
3. When we get to the paddock most important thing is to unhitch tow vehicle and move to free parking area. Dano will have a nice piece of wood for your trailer jack wheel/stand as the ground can be a bit soft/moist. The Island is at Sea Level so it tends be damp in the am. Also this is not terra firma it is a land fill from the early part of the century.
4. WE ARE GUESTS!!! WE ARE NOT AT A KOA!! Please be extra nice to our hosts Angie and Charles. They love us being here as the crowds love trailers. Treasure Island is not a Campground, no outdoor BBQs. No Hunting!! Think of this as a TRAILER SHOW!!
5. WE ARE TRAILER AMBASSADORS!! Have a big SMILE for everyone!! Educate the public about your Teardrop or Trailer…..THEY LOVE THESE TRAILERS!! Have them VOTE FOR YOUR TRAILER!! The PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD is extra crazy special this year!! The evening vote count is a lot of fun. You want to make sure you get at least one vote.
6. Bring Shade, Bring folding Chairs and bring a table. The weather looks like it will be gorgeous, but have some shade and bring a comfy chair(s).
7. It can get COLD in the evenings, bring something warm to wear, Jacket extra blanket. We may have a fire chef or two to gather around to stay toasty.
8. Say HELLO to your fellow Trailerites!! Get to know each other!! Wear a name tag that we will have for you. This way if you want to take a break explore, go to the food trucks or take a health break your New Friend can cover for you!!
9. SAFTEY!! SAFTEY!! Be careful with your possessions, ASSUME that anyone will steal anything at any time. Petaluma had some one’s purse go missing as they came in and rifled through the trailer. Treasure Island is a mix of artists, wineries, and government housing. The Flea Market People are all very nice. There is Security on premise and overnight security as well. But be alert!! Also be careful with your vehicles and trailers entering and exiting the paddock, these people are not paying attention, ask for my or Dano’s help. Always think that person is not thinking like you.
10. Sunday Please stay till the end on Sunday. One it shows respect to the owners of Flea Market. Second SAFTEY there are a lot of Kids and adults wandering around. We need to understand that they do not pay attention to their surroundings. Trailers leaving are NOT SAFE!! SAFTEY FIRST!!!
11. Have lots of FUN!! There is so much to see and do!! Visit with the Public!! Have Gourmet Food!! It is so yummy!! The VIEWS!! THE VIEWS!!!
Check out the Treasure Island Flea Market website!!! I wished they put in the tiny trailer part but oh well!! http://www.treasureislandflea.com/
REMEMBER TO BRING AN APPETIZER FOR SATURDAY EVENING!!
7:30 early SATURDAY AT THE PAN AM TERMINAL PARKING LOT!!