Meetings, etc

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Meetings, etc

Postby darrellbeck » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 pm

I would like to request of anyone having any form of open-to-anyone meeting, especially to anyone mentioning them in here, please put city and state and dates in that thread.
I know that I for one would be willing to travel to get to some. It's obvious that not everyone can go to everything, but I think that more people than just my wife and myself would be enthusiastic about meeting more TD campers, and seeing more places. It would be a great way for people to be able to plan weekends,extended weekends, or vacations.
I know that there have to be more gatherings than are sent to Grant on his destinations page. I am not saying to no longer send them to him. I am simply saying to send them here also. Also, even if only 3 or 4 campers are planned to be there, you may get one or more from a different direction to show up.
Just a thought, thanks for your time.
Darrell
darrellbeck
Teardrop Master

Re: Meetings, etc

Postby Gage » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 pm

What you call meetings, we all call gatherings. And where were you last month when we had a teardrop and vintage travel trailer gathering at Buckskin State Park in Parker. There were several there from the Phoenix area. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby darrellbeck » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

Sorry Gage, I didn't know about it. I apparently was looking in the wrong place at the right time. I usually check all new posts about every 2 or three days and I apparently over-looked whatever was on here about it. What was it posted under? That way I will know where to look next time. As far as there being some people from Phoenix, I don't know any of them beyond having met a couple guy's at a car show once. One of them told me that I would be able to get any info I needed off their club website, but when I went to it, it hadn't been used in months. the state branch of Teardroppers only has one gathering posted for all year. I would be very happy if I had any contact with ANY other teardropper. Thanks, Darrell
darrellbeck
Teardrop Master

Postby ssrjim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 am

You are correct the website is behind. The next gathering is "why" next month. They have been keeping the information more up to date on Facebook, not my favorite. He keeps saying he will update azroundup.net.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ssrjim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:14 am

The ones I'm pretty sure coming up are Why (February), Lost Dutchman (March), Route 66 (May), Williams (July).
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby darrellbeck » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks Jim, Who might I contact to find exact days and information? It may not work for me as far as camping this time because of the possible sale of my present teardrop,but even if it sells, I will start another the next day. I would probably drive to gatherings one day just to meet a few people. Anyway, Jim, thanks for starting me in the right direction.

Darrell
darrellbeck
Teardrop Master

Postby ssrjim » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Looks like Facebook is where the action is. Found two more one south of Tucson over New Years and one in Lake havsue in February.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 am

ssrjim wrote:Looks like Facebook is where the action is. Found two more one south of Tucson over New Years and one in Lake havsue in February.

Yes Facebook is where the action is. Things bounce around the page so much. I can't figure it out. Things are out of order time wise. Personally I like the forum format better for this kind of talk.
Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to South West