'06 IRG Registration and Website

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

'06 IRG Registration and Website

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:36 pm

I've started putting the website together for the gathering.
(Hoping to have everything in order by "announcement" time...01-03-06)
Click on the icon below if you would like to check it out.
Comments welcome...

A BIG THANKS to bg for hosting the site!!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:32 pm

Cool site Dean. How much did Doug pay you to put his tear on there?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Looks like your site is off to a good start Dean!!!

Keep us posted when you have updates...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby emiller » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:54 pm

:thumbsup: I'm loving it
emiller
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:50 pm

Lookin' GREAT, Dean!

You keep this up and before you know it everybody will be referring to you as the "Dean of Gathering Event Hosting" ... ;-} ;-} ... and you'll start a second career as a camping event PR man!

Wanna do the PR for the '07 Dam Gathering? I can comp ya registration & camping fees, and buy yer gas over & back!
;-} ;-} ;-} ;-}

Keep up the great work, Dean! I know a helluva lot of people who are REALLY looking forward to the IRG ... including Lisa & I!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:42 pm

Grant Whipp wrote:You keep this up and before you know it everybody will be referring to you as the "Dean of Gathering Event Hosting" ... ;-} ;-} ... and you'll start a second career as a camping event PR man!

:laughter: That's a good one... I've had notions of being a race track promoter someday, but I got over it. :lol:
Grant Whipp wrote:Wanna do the PR for the '07 Dam Gathering? I can comp ya registration & camping fees, and buy yer gas over & back!
;-} ;-} ;-} ;-}

I'd be honored to help out, but I don't feel worthy... Don't know enough ins & outs about the area, except a tid bit about the construction of the dam.
Guess I'd better start learning more, eh?
Grant Whipp wrote:I know a helluva lot of people who are REALLY looking forward to the IRG ... including Lisa & I!

I'm putting my all into it... but I also have to get this trailer built. Got a surprise phone call last night and there may be a real special treat in store for everyone that can make it to Pamplin. :twisted: (Cant say anything yet... gotta firm things up and get a comitment)
If I could do this whole thing over, I woulda kept my mouth shut until I had a trailer built. :lol:
My goal as far as the trailer goes, is to have it usable by the first of May, to do the 13th Dam. :thumbsup:
Gotta goal for the Redbird too... I'm hoping to have it completed to bring to the 14th Dam in '07. (It just kills me to see that $800.00 sail rolled up just setting there)

Postby DestinDave » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote: Got a surprise phone call last night and there may be a real special treat in store for everyone that can make it to Pamplin. :twisted: (Cant say anything yet... gotta firm things up and get a comitment)

You got Pink Floyd back together for the IRG ??? :worship: :thumbsup: :applause:
Dark Side Of The Tear is the coolest...
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:00 pm

Hey Dean,

We gotta get those dates set too, anyone wanna camp out with us on New Years night at the public works dept.? 8) :lol: :worship:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:10 pm

Dave,
The county won't let me have any amplified music. I can use one amp if it is used for speaking... It's a habitat for the spotted owl and marbled murrlet. I guess those silly birds just don't like loud music. :lol:
We could get a blue grass deal or something along those lines, as long as it's acoustic. :thinking:
I did have what I thought was a great idea to go along with the 'redwood experience', but it got "shot" down... I was gonna have someone dress up in a Bigfoot costume and just lurk around the perimeter, but one of my advisors told me that would be a good way to get somebody shot! :o

I sent an email to Walter Ray Williams Jr.-PBA Legend. I grew up with him and he was a world champion horseshoe pitcher back then... called him 'Deadeye'.
Thought maybe he could stop by and give us some help with the horseshoe tournament, but haven't gotten a response... :(
Don't worry... "We" will do something special. :twisted:

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 pm

Kevin A wrote:Hey Dean,

We gotta get those dates set too, anyone wanna camp out with us on New Years night at the public works dept.? 8) :lol: :worship:

Good point Kevin...
Yaa... Does anyone want to help Kevin out from the morning of New Years until about 1:30 AM on the 2nd? Hey Jerome!!!, How's it going??? (Hint-Hint) :lol:
I won't be able to get there until sometime between 1:00-1:30 AM on the 2nd.
My flight should be getting into McKinleyville around midight...
Speaking of which... I just got a call from TDN.
I'm supposed to be picking her up tonight for that same flight time arrival... She's setting at LAX and just informed me that the flight is delayed, looks like it's not going to get in until about 1:30AM now.

Postby dguff » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 am

The site looks to be very user friendly and workable. Many thanks to you and Kevin for the effort to secure the dates by camping at the office.

I would like to help out with the vigil but I am committed to be in the Bay Area over the New Years holidays.

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:41 am

Jerome,
Thanks... We kinda figured you would have commitments, but needed to ask just to be sure.
My nephew owes me a favor, but my family is doing a Christmas thing that day, because some were spending Christmas with their children.
(I'm going to miss that one too)
Worse case scenario... I'll see if he can help Kevin in between the family gathering...
My flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:50PM on the 1st, but TDN just took that same flight and it didn't arrive until about 2:00AM...

Kevin,
We will find someone to help you out...

Hmmm... Looks like We'll be heading South, eh TDN?

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:14 pm

Dean--
Site looks great.:thumbsup: We're all really greatful to you and Kevin for camping out on the 1st/2nd to get us the spot. :applause:

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:24 pm

The website is coming together nicely.
I've decided to go out and get some pics of good places to go for local day sightseeing trips away from Pamplin Grove for those that are interested. (Redwoods, beaches, lighthouses, towns, etc.)
First stop is going to be the Headwaters Forest.
The expansion of Redwood National Park put the redwoods in the national spotlight, but the Headwaters Forest made the redwoods known to everyone around the world.
Not much has been done with it as of yet, other than installing a few miles of trail. For the purist who wants to see an "Untouched" Ancient Redwood Forest... I think this one is worth a look.
Keep an eye on the Interests Page and the Links Page over the next month or so...
http://www.pamplingrove.com

Oh... For those of you that are bringing children, TDN is working on activities for the kids. :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:21 pm

Got an email from Ranger Pat.
Just got off the phone with him.
The County Council viewed the gathering website and had concers that we were in violation of the Conditional Use Agreement.
Long story short...
We had to change the home page to include that this is a "private event for teardrop trailer enthusiasts" and list on the registration page that "registration is limited to the first 250 registrants." I think we're OK on that one. :thinking:

During our stay, we are to keep the gate closed and locked. Everyone registered will be given the four digit combination to the lock beforehand, so coming and going won't be limited. (They've had some problems in the past where uninvited guests show up and refuse to leave...)

Maybe it's time to poll some people and find out a few things first...
There may be some limitations accessing the Headwters Forest Reserve if anyone wants to take a day trip there. One article I read, stated that the Headwaters Forest will be closed to visitors during the time that our gathering takes place... Another articles states that it is now open year round. :thinking:

Next

Return to South West