We got our dates!!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

We got our dates!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:56 am

It's official, the IRG is confirmed for July 26th-30th, 2006
While I was relaxing in Mexico, soaking up the sun on a warm beach...
Kevin A was camped out at our local public works office, braving 90 mph winds and rain, which tore through here on New Year's day.
Thanks To Kevin for being the first person in line to rent Pamplin Grove...

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:06 am

Great job Kevin :applause: My hat's off to you. We were getting pounded down here also. I must say, I don't mind the rain that much but the heavy wind gust, they can send that back to the MidWest and beyond :lol:

Again, thanks Kevin. And you too Dean for coming up with the idea. :thumbsup:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Mike Ahern » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Thanks Kevin for going above and beyond the call of teardroping. :applause: I hope the roads will be open by July to northern California. 8) Dean and Kevin we are looking forward to the Redwoods again. :thumbsup:
Mike Ahern
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:32 pm

...Kevin you da MAN for braving that weather and making Dean's dream come true...now kick him in the butt for a reality check so he get his tear done by then :lol: ;) congratulations... Y'ALL :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:22 pm

Jack,
What do you think the main topic of discussion was most of the time we sat there, huh?
BTW- We were both running on about two days without sleep too, so the conversations got pretty interesting... Which reminds me of something I can't share with you at this time. :lol:

For the Record... I will have a teardrop at the gathering.
I'm sure it will be nowhere close to being totally finished, but will be pressentable, functional and livable.

Postby Kevin A » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:44 pm

Thanks go out to all of you,
I guess when you believe in doing something and want it to happen badly enough you put up with most anything ;) :lol: :thinking:
I did my part, now it's up to the rest of you to get the word out and get people to show up for this thing. Pamplin Grove is one AWESOME place, there's room there for many, many trailers. Make sure to click on the photo for more pics of Pamplin Grove...
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:59 am

Great Job Kevin....I can't wait...I know that I have some duties to help Dean out on the whole thing....I gotta get going....and for those of you that haven't camped near a tree that is wider than your tear is long....you're missing out on something special....this gathering will be something special...and I know about the potential entertainment....Doug :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:14 am

Now that I know the dates, I guess I better get working. Any volunteers to build my hatch? :worship:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:52 am

bledsoe3 wrote:Now that I know the dates, I guess I better get working. Any volunteers to build my hatch? :worship:

Jim,
I gotta build the whole body... you should be able to crank out a hatch by then. :thumbsup:
BTW- I talked with Joanie about "that place" and she says she deffinately wants to go to a gathering there. :thumbsup:
(Just get your trailer done first, before taking on something like that) :?

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:58 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:BTW- I talked with Joanie about "that place" and she says she deffinately wants to go to a gathering there. :thumbsup:
(Just get your trailer done first, before taking on something like that) :?

So maybe we can plan on 2008.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:25 am

2007 will work too...
I'm gonna talk to Grant and get his thoughts about it, if he hasn't been there, he knows someone who has.

Pamplin Pictures

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:54 pm

Kevin did an awesome job of taking pictures (done last year in late May).
The river will be lower and the grass a little less green in July. But the big trees will still be really BIG, and they always stay green. A grove like this is best experienced first hand because it is hard for a photo(s) to do it justice....however, his pictures are worth a thousand words. Thanks for the slideshow.

:) TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Gage » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:53 am

Here's another one taken in the next campground showing Tupelosue's Woody and Doug's woody side by side (there is a story there but can't be said right now). Then there is Kevin running from the Giants. :lol:

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to South West