Big Surprises!! New Trailers!!!
Hope everyone has been out with their trailers enjoying the beautiful weather!!
I wanted to say thank you for all the interest in the Treasure Island Meet & Greet V!! We have had so many responses and of course have limited space.
We are going to ask for a small fee for this year to cover expenses and a gift to our hosts (Owners of the TI Flea Market). We are also trying to make sure those who commit are committed to attending. Previously we have had individuals that commit and then bail last minute. We want to make sure that you understand the commitment and the duration of the event.
1. The Event is only one night only on Treasure Island August 27th. If you are traveling a distance you may want to camp Friday night at Anthony Chabot (Castro Valley) campgrounds on your own.
2. This is On Treasure Island!! We will provide directions and tips on how to cross the bridge(Toll for trailers is 15 dollars!!))
3. You must be at the staging area at 7:30 am Saturday morning. We have a small window to move the trailers, line them up and unhitch and move tow vehicles.
4. You must stay for the duration of the Event Sunday 3:00 PM. There are so many people attending this event we cannot have trailers moving out during the event. The Public is very clueless to their own SAFTEY and would not be looking for a trailer and tow vehicle moving.
5. We will move trailers over to the paddock in groups of two and threes to safely set up. If you need an hour to level and unhitch your trailer then you may want to consider another event.
6. We will have an area for Vintage Trailers and another area for Teardrops. The areas will be right next to each other.
7. There are limited facilities; Porta Potties and Hand Wash Stations will be within in our area.
8. There are no hook ups!
9. There is no Dump Station.
10. There is no water hook ups!
11. No Fires.
12. This is dry camping.
13. Outdoor cooking is not allowed. You are encouraged to enjoy the food trucks.
14. Each Day is an all-day OPEN House for the Public. Hours are 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. You are not obligated to open your trailer to share with the public but it is highly encouraged.
15. There is a People Choice Award whereupon the public votes for their favorite trailer. Votes are tallied at the Saturday evening social appetizer potluck. To win you have to encourage the public to vote for your trailer. Past attendees have been very vocal about voting for their trailer.
16. Your Tow Vehicles cannot stay with your trailer. They will be parked in a free parking lot area close to our paddock.
17. Consider this a Vintage Trailer show for the Public.
18. You will be an all-day ambassador for your trailer and represent the trailerites community. You will have so many questions throughout the day. Previous attendees have found the experience to be a bit exhaustive because people love these trailers.
19. If you love to Glamp then the public will love you even more.
20. If you are an extrovert and love to talk you will be admired by the public.
21. Vintage Wear encouraged. Guys with Vintage Hawaiian Shirts or Vintage Bowling Shirts go to the Front of the line. Mr. Trailer Park King Trophy!!
22. We are going to try and recreate that Vintage Trailer Park Theme or a Vintage Trailer Show format.
23. If you need to take a break, want to walk the Flea Market or grab some food. Just let your trailer neighbors know you are going to be gone for a while and lock up your trailer.
24. Assume that anyone at any time a public guest may help themselves to your items in your trailer. Be alert and keep valuables on your person or lock them up. Unfortunately we have to assume that temptation exists people will respond. There have been other trailer rallies (not TI) where unfortunately a purse or a wallet has gone missing.
25. Everyone who has attended in the past has had a blast, the VIEWS are incredible, The Gourmet Food Trucks are the best food you will ever have camping, the Treasure Island Flea Market is a shoppers paradise! When everyone has left for the day you get the sunset, the city lights, the bay, and the bridges.
26. BYOA Saturday night!! Bring Your Own Appetizer Social Saturday evening around 6 pm. Lat year we had some very impressive appetizers...in fact it is making me hungry as I think.
27. This year we may or may not have a Silk Screened T-SHIRT available for a small fee. No promises!! The design will be very Basic!!! But Unique!!!
We are going to assign slots based on a couple of requirements.
1. Previous attendees have first priority.
2. Expression of initial interest will be weighted based upon time stamp of the e-mail you have providing interest.
3. Receipt of a $35 dollar attendance fee.
4. First to pay have first chance at remaining slots.
5. This is not a KOA or a State park with assigned sites. This is a large grassy paddock. I will visual assign spots based on size of trailer and try and group trailers by year and brand. This is a Trailer Show and geared to the benefit of the public and patrons of the Treasure Island Flea Market.
6. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with acknowledgement that you have been selected or that you have been put on to a waiting list.
7. We want to make sure you have a great time and a unique experience. We are just like you and will try our best to accommodate requests and answer
8. Again you have to think of this as a PUBLIC MEET & GREET / A TRAILER SHOW! Does this sound like something you would enjoy?? Do I like to show your trailer to the public?? Do I like to talk to the Public?? Do I like gourmet food trucks?? Do I like to Shop?? Do I like to have cocktails at the bar?
If you would like to proceed please either PayPal $35 dollars to my PayPal account under the transfer of funds to a family or friend (No PP Fee) to the account: Supershady1@Hotmail.com
. If you do not have a Pay Pal account you can mail a check Payable to Dave Kappadahl. My Mailing address is The Kappadahl, 4708 Norris Canyon Road, #103, San Ramon, California 94583. Refunds will be provided based upon availability of spaces and cancellations up to three weeks in advance of the event.
Again we want to make sure that people are committed to attending and that we have expenses, banners and a gift for our hosts.
I will post a list of attendees and that have paid in full along with slot number on http://WWW.TNTTT.COM
under the southwest forum Treasure Island Thread a list will also go out to the email distribution.
If you have questions please either e-mail or call. I will try and respond within an appropriate time frame 9258993599