Arizona Tearjerkers 2018 Spring Clean Event

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby mkitchen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am

Date: February 28 through March 4, 2018 (I have reserved the group camp from Wednesday, February 28 through Monday, March 6)
Location: Lost Dutchman State Park, 6109 N Apache Trail, Apache Junction AZ
Directions: From 60, go north at Idaho Rd, which becomes Apache Trail and follow to the state park
Camp Fees: $20.00 per night and can be paid at the gate.
Campground contact info: http://azstateparks.com/Parks/loDU/index.html

NOTE - You do not need to make a reservation at the park. Since we have the group area, no individual reservations are necessary. Simply let them them know that you are there for the Tearjerker event and pay for the nights that you will be staying.

A practice that I saw at Brian and Sandi's Farm Gathering in British Columbia (a great event, by the way) was the trailer tour. The group went around to each camper and the trailer owner introduced their trailer and what they liked about it, where they have been, etc. I would like to add to this tour, the idea of each person showing off something special that makes camping more of a joy for them. There will be more on this on a flyer that will be available to all attendees. Our tour will happen at 1:00 PM on Saturday.

We will be at the group camp site. There are no individual plug-ins however there is power at the ramada if you need to charge any appliances, water is available at the ramada too. There is also bathrooms with showers. We will have coffee for everyone in the mornings, a fire to take care of any early morning chill or evening coolness. Saturday will be a pot luck at 5:00 pm. I will be posting additional information as we get closer however if anyone has any questions please feel free to post up. This is our sixth organized event (and I use the term organized very loosely) and we welcome any suggestions or ideas. Any questions can be directed to me or Melissa via a PM here. If you could let us know that you are coming, it would help in anticipating the amount of people we can expect. Thank you.
Till then
Mikey
mkitchen
Chapter Director
Last edited by mkitchen on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Re: Arizona Tearjerkers 2018 Spring Clean Event

Postby Diana Joy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Hello Mikey! A friend and I (we each have a teardrop) are planning to come down for the Spring Clean Event but are a little confused about the dates--if the event is Feb 28 thru Mar 4 but the group site is reserved starting Mar 1, should we arrive on Feb 28 or Mar 1? And do most people pull out on Sunday or hang out until Monday? Thanks, Diana
Diana Joy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KTM_Guy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Mickey, I am just getting started on a build but unfortunately some foot surgery will push things back 6 weeks. I won't have a camper ready for the camp out. But I would like to come by for the tour, sounds like a great way to see the must haves for our build. And meet some other Teardropers. I live about 15 minutes from Lost Dutchman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby mkitchen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Diana Joy wrote:Hello Mikey! A friend and I (we each have a teardrop) are planning to come down for the Spring Clean Event but are a little confused about the dates--if the event is Feb 28 thru Mar 4 but the group site is reserved starting Mar 1, should we arrive on Feb 28 or Mar 1? And do most people pull out on Sunday or hang out until Monday? Thanks, Diana

Hi Diana
You made a good point on the dates and I am sorry for the confussion (can I chalk it up to Old Timer's disease?). Our reservation starts on Wednesday, which is February 28th. I will see if I can edit the original post. So you will be welcome if you come Wednesday. As far as departures, most folks leave on Sunday but there usually are a few that stay over and the park has always accommodated them as long as they paid for the extra days. Looking forward to seeing you.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:36 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:Hi Mickey, I am just getting started on a build but unfortunately some foot surgery will push things back 6 weeks. I won't have a camper ready for the camp out. But I would like to come by for the tour, sounds like a great way to see the must haves for our build. And meet some other Teardropers. I live about 15 minutes from Lost Dutchman.

Hi Todd. Sorry to hear about the foot injury. Mo is healing up from a broken wrist as we speak, though her's was from a bicycle fall. Here's to a speedy recovery for both of you. As far as coming to the event, you bet. Come on out and catch the tour. You will find that most folks with teardrops love to talk trailers and will bend your ear for a long time. I will be in my SoCal TD for this event and either our maroon Honda Pilot or a white Tundra and you are welcome to pull up a chair with us. You may have to pay the day use fee at the park.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby groovyfingers » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Excuse my ignorance on this...but is there anything we have to sign up to attend? Or do we just show up? TIA

Kathy
groovyfingers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mkitchen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:22 am

groovyfingers wrote:Excuse my ignorance on this...but is there anything we have to sign up to attend? Or do we just show up? TIA

Kathy

Hi Kathy
All you need to do is show up. Since we are in the group camp area, no reservation is needed. You will have to pay the park for camping when you get there and make sure you let them know that you are here for the Tear Jerkers gathering. Hope you make it out.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby myoung » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

Now that the Teardrop Shipping Crate has found a new home and owners in Bakersfield, I'm looking forward to attending with our new-old Bowlus Road Chief.
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 am

mkitchen wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote:Hi Mickey, I am just getting started on a build but unfortunately some foot surgery will push things back 6 weeks. I won't have a camper ready for the camp out. But I would like to come by for the tour, sounds like a great way to see the must haves for our build. And meet some other Teardropers. I live about 15 minutes from Lost Dutchman.

Hi Todd. Sorry to hear about the foot injury. Mo is healing up from a broken wrist as we speak, though her's was from a bicycle fall. Here's to a speedy recovery for both of you. As far as coming to the event, you bet. Come on out and catch the tour. You will find that most folks with teardrops love to talk trailers and will bend your ear for a long time. I will be in my SoCal TD for this event and either our maroon Honda Pilot or a white Tundra and you are welcome to pull up a chair with us. You may have to pay the day use fee at the park.
Mikey

Hi Mike, We'll look for you on Saturday. Any idea what time the tour will start?

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby Siouxgirl2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Hey Mickey,

I'm working on a teardrop but lost my tow vehicle and now I have a tiny Prius C and can't tow my tear and it is still in build process. Instead, I made up an above ground hitch mounted tent setup. It is an experiment and I've never used it. I developed a little cold so am not coming tonight but I'm going to head out Saturday morning and spend Saturday night there. I have my potlatch dish ready. ;-) I'm excited to see all the tears and get some ideas and input so that I can still finish my tear and someday have an adequate tow vehicle. Meanwhile, I have my little Prius camper ready to take a maiden voyage and see how it goes. LOL! See you in the morning sometime.
Siouxgirl2
Teardrop Master

Postby Siouxgirl2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:27 pm

myoung... that was on fancy Bowlus rig you brought. Thank you for sharing it with us! Very nice! Enjoy!!
Siouxgirl2
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:24 pm

I appologize for not answering the last two posts. Mo and I have been on the road since February 20th and we don't carry our laptop with us when we travel. I hope all your questions got answered at the Spring Clean.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Return to South West