ROUTE 66 FUN RUN

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

ROUTE 66 FUN RUN

Postby emiller » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:20 pm

:thumbsup:
Anyone else doing the Fun Run. Last year was my first time and it was awsum. There were over 2000 vehicles from streetrods classics new cars and a whizzer, motorcycles and every town you stop at is a party. About 5 of us took our teardrops and camped along the way. You can register or you can just participate which means you don't park in the car show areana at Kingman, we just pull up near the railroad tracks and make lunch and the car show comes to us. It's a must do once in your life. Nice KOA at Seligman where it starts then we camp in the mountains just before Oatman over looking Laughlin,NV. Hope we run into some teardrops this year also. Here is the link http://www.azrt66.com/rt66aa.htm
emiller
Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Damn. I am booked from last weekend through the end of June. That is why I missed Sweetwater. Holler if there is some like this in August, the dog days of Tears until Spamboree which I have to miss this year.
:cry:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Re: ROUTE 66 FUN RUN

Postby Joanne » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:04 am

emiller wrote::thumbsup:
Anyone else doing the Fun Run. Last year was my first time and it was awsum. There were over 2000 vehicles from streetrods classics new cars and a whizzer, motorcycles and every town you stop at is a party. About 5 of us took our teardrops and camped along the way. You can register or you can just participate which means you don't park in the car show areana at Kingman, we just pull up near the railroad tracks and make lunch and the car show comes to us. It's a must do once in your life. Nice KOA at Seligman where it starts then we camp in the mountains just before Oatman over looking Laughlin,NV. Hope we run into some teardrops this year also. Here is the link http://www.azrt66.com/rt66aa.htm

My roommate and her boyfriend are going. Gregg is taking his '61 Ventura and Kelly is taking her '66 Mustang. They will be staying 1 night in Seligman and one night in Kingman. I'm not planning on going but I might ride the Harley up there for the day. A guy from work is talking about riding with me.

If you see a gal on a Harley waving madly at you, it's someone else. :lol: Maybe we'll run into each other.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby mercy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 pm

ooooooooo...

roy and i will be passing through there on the 4th and coming back the 7th. so we won't be on the fun run, but we may swing by on the way back. we stand out. black girl with red hair with a white guy with either a bald head, blond spikey hair or blue spikey hair. (my money is on blue) if you see us, wave!
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby emiller » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:50 pm

:thumbsup:
Mercy (Courtney) that sounds good we don't leave route 66 at all during this event. It's the longest stretch of route 66 without getting off. In Seligman some stay at the KOA and others stay on a dirt road about 5 to 6 miles east of Seligman off Route 66. We travel on channel 8 on the CB radios. Say hi if you can.
emiller
Donating Member

Return to South West