Classy little camp stove

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Laredo » Sat May 19, 2007 9:59 pm

So how hard would it be to rack up 2 or 3 pop can stoves under a wire rack and cook over all of them at once? I know Sterno under chafing dishes can go as high as 4 flames.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby Bigwoods » Sun May 20, 2007 12:33 am

Geron,

I also used the Pepsi can stove on several trip I made in my canoe. Worked great when it was just me. can't get much lighter than a pop can and a pint of alcohol. It was fun to make and served it purpose.
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby Geron » Sun May 20, 2007 5:07 am

Laredo wrote:So how hard would it be to rack up 2 or 3 pop can stoves under a wire rack and cook over all of them at once? I know Sterno under chafing dishes can go as high as 4 flames.

I think the problem would be burn time. These little stoves will burn for 5-7 minutes before needing re-fueling. With multiple stoves You would increase the BTU's but the burn time would still be only a few minutes.

Now, If you're thinking more than one pot -- i.e. a pot on each stove -- one for water one for soup and one for the gourmet entree, Sure, 3 or 4 would work fine. For longer cook times you could even rotate/alternate stoves filling one while the other burns. JUST BE CAREFULL. they look small and innocent but they get really hot -- You ARE dealing with fire here.

I had several at one time. Like a TD, Can't make just one. If interested google will turn up a "bunch" of plans for building.

g
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Jet Boil

Postby Tammy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:59 am

I know this post is a little old but if you want a nice small stove, try a Jet Boil. I works fast. I does take fuel however, but it's a great backpacking stove.
It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey.
Tammy
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1