super easy bread

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby ccdell » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:16 am

I must say, this is awesome! Picked up the ingredients Friday and made the first loaf Saturday. So far, three loafs of bread and a batch of biscuits (I think there is a biscuit left) . This is definitely a keeper. :thumbsup: Tomorrow, I may just make some sausage gravy and try biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
ccdell
Teardrop Advisor

Beer Batter Bread

Postby harolda » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:01 pm

I make this every year at Deer Camp and it always goes over great. Just use whatever beer you have - even the cheap stuff. My recipe calls for a topping of shredded cheese but I mix the cheese into the batter with a little extra on top - what ever cheese I have, usually cheddar. Try it, you'll like it.

Harold Anderson
harolda
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Beer Batter Bread

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:08 pm

harolda wrote:I make this every year at Deer Camp and it always goes over great. Just use whatever beer you have - even the cheap stuff. My recipe calls for a topping of shredded cheese but I mix the cheese into the batter with a little extra on top - what ever cheese I have, usually cheddar. Try it, you'll like it.

Harold Anderson

Welcome Harold and thanks for the addition. I still didn't get around to doing this but need to. Having company so might try it. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby MrBuzz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 am

Beer bread is amazing...and so easy! But I never have self-rising flour. The recipe I use is:
3 cups of all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 - 12oz can of beer.

Dark beers work really well. I also like using 50/50 white & whole wheat flour and brown sugar....then throw in a 1/4 cup of oatmeal to add something chewy.
Brush to top with melted butter or olive oil before baking too.
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby happy phantom » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:58 pm

This is such an old thread but it's new to me! This bread is also really good with the addition of a teaspoon of italian seasoning, a handful of parmesan cheese, and a handful of chopped black olives. Yum....
happy phantom
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1