Who Has a Great Juicer?

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

TwilightLane wrote:We have the Jack LaLanne power juicer. We bought it off the infomercial.

We are really happy with it. It's funny this topic came up bc we saw the stainless steel version on sale at Costco today for $80 (in Colorado Springs).

Enjoy!!

Thanks for all of the info. I ended up getting the Jack LaLanne juicer. However, I would NOT recommend purchasing it from his official site. Buy it from Cosco, Amazon.com, the one-eye man w/the peg leg on the corner, but do NOT purchase it from the official site. I did and got shafted on the S&H plus the delivery was really, really, slow. I ordered mine from the official site Christmas Eve. It took it almost 3 weeks to come.

I'll let you know how it does. I haven't taken it out of the box yet because I have been busy getting ready for company this weekend.
Maybe Sunday evening, after my guests have gone, I'll make myself a large glass of fresh juice... :)

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

This has been very enlightening to one (me) who sqeezes oranges in a manual citrus juicer and buys cran-grape from Costco! I had no idea... :o
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:This has been very enlightening to one (me) who sqeezes oranges in a manual citrus juicer and buys cran-grape from Costco! I had no idea... :o

The juicers discussed above are really more for root crop, leafy greans, or fruits with dense consitency i.e. apples. For softer fruits a good blender , or citrus juicer should work great.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TravelCharlie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 am

The top 5 juicers according to users on the internet are:

1) Acme 6001 - Rated 4.9 of 5 stars by 17 users
2) Breville Juice Fountain ikon - 4.6 of 5 stars by 148 users
3) Kuvings NJ9310U - 4.6 of 5 stars by 25 users
4) Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Express - 4.6 of 5 stars by 38 users
5) Breville Juice Fountain Elite - rated 4.6 of 5 stars by 380 users

Sources: Epinions and Juicer Ratings

The Breville juicers are very high quality but they're expensive. LaLanne's Power Juicer Express is a good lower-cost option and can be picked up for under $100 on Amazon.

While not making the top 5, Hamilton Beach's Big Mouth juicer is highly rated and costs less than $70.
TravelCharlie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Welcome abord, Charlie! Interesting first post!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1