Electric burner

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Electric burner

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm

I have not been cooking breakfast as much as I use my Colman stove but in the cabinet I have it in is awkward to cook at. I figure I have the gen running all the time anyway that maybe I should just get a electric burner. I still want to keep the Colman stove but only use it when cooking outside the trailer with my add on table. I think tomorrow I will get one.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm

That sounds very wise. :yes:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:25 pm

S. Heisley wrote:That sounds very wise. :yes:

Thanks!

I am quit lazy at times and wish I had more hot breakfasts but the stove problems stops me from doing so. I also will not have to buy propane bottles as much. I use the gen anyway and it would only rev up for a short spell anyway. I like electric for the even heat at my sons in laws house so I think this would be nice to have. I read they use 800 watts so the gen will work as I do have the Honda 2000i.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Got the GE electric hot plate. Love it. Have to say it takes time to warm up though. Stays in place when I travel also. Has a small and large plate.

On a not related topic, Would you believe I lost not one but two full loaves of bread in my 6x10 trailer. Yep don't know where I have them. :? :thinking:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:53 pm

The electric burner may take time to warm up but there are opportunities to turn it off early and take advantage of the "free" heat. It just takes a little practice at doing it and remembering to do it. ;)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I found one of my loaf of bread B4 it can go bad. Traveling bounces things around. Now to find the older loaf somewhere. :roll:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 pm

S. Heisley wrote:The electric burner may take time to warm up but there are opportunities to turn it off early and take advantage of the "free" heat. It just takes a little practice at doing it and remembering to do it. ;)

I think you might be right. Slow down will still give off heat and still prolong the cooking.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1