Easy Peasy pork chops

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Easy Peasy pork chops

Postby jstrubberg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 pm

In our camp, the simpler food is to prepare, the better. We like to spend time visiting rather than cooking. One of our favorite fireside meals is grilled pork chops. We buy a full pork loin when it's on sale (much cheaper than pork chops!), slice it into boneless chops between 3/4"-1" thick and separate them into quart ziplocs with two or three nice, thick chops in each bag. I add half a bottle of 30 minute marinade to each bag. Pick one you like. I find the garlic balsamic works really well with pork. The vinegar int he marinade makes the pork very tender and the garlic...well, it's garlic! You can't go wrong with garlic! Seal them up and freeze the works.

When we pack for camping, the frozen pork chops go in the top of the cooler. Take them out of the cooler late morning and let them thaw. By the time they thaw, the marinade will have done it's thing. I grill them for 8-12 minutes depending on the fire, and put 'em on a plate!

The best part is that there's really no cleanup. Dispose of the ziploc bag and brush off the grill.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1