Gluten & Dairy free (+++) recipes - Help

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Re: Gluten & Dairy free (+++) recipes - Help

Postby dales133 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:45 am

Beer lao is a great beer I've drunk my fair share of it.
Asahi and saporo are rice based Japanese beets to.
I've actualy got "beer lao, the breakfast of champions"tattoed around my bicep in Cambodia script from a night many moons ago drinking beer lao in a bar in pnom phen that happened to have a tattooist in it.... the things we do
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Most hard liquor is supposedly okay to drink, as long as it is distilled. Jack Daniels, supposedly the only legal corn whiskey in the USA, is okay as are most wines. Organic wines are usually less bitter.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby DandiCamper » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:47 am

made gluten free funnel cakes at camp. they were yummy. Gluten free pancake mix with extra sugar, vanilla, baking powder and egg.
Kim
Life is a journey
DandiCamper
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:33 am

DandiCamper wrote:made gluten free funnel cakes at camp. they were yummy. Gluten free pancake mix with extra sugar, vanilla, baking powder and egg.

:thumbsup: With more people needing gluten free foods, the list of ready-made mixes is increasing and it is becoming fun to shop again. If people do make their own cakes, pancakes, etc, please remember to use not only gluten free flours but also gluten free baking powder and gluten free vanilla. Vanilla can be a surprise because many flavorings are suspended in an alcohol base which may be grain alcohol that has not been properly distilled. (Flavorings like that can give me full-blown flu-like symptoms!) If one must be totally gluten free, it is best to use glycerin based flavorings. A substitute for bottled flavorings, Maple syrup can work well, as can the natural flavor found in something like coconut oil.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dave Gray » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Most hard liquor is supposedly okay to drink, as long as it is distilled. Jack Daniels, supposedly the only legal corn whiskey in the USA, is okay as are most wines. Organic wines are usually less bitter.

All of the Kentucky Bourbons are distilled from a grain mix of at least 51% corn, as is Jack Daniels. Jack Daniels is labeled as whiskey because it is not in the Kentucky Bourbon Region. It's sort of like the only true champaign comes from the Champaign region of France. All other versions from anywhere else is technically sparkling wine.
Last edited by Dave Gray on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Gray
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Dave Gray wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Most hard liquor is supposedly okay to drink, as long as it is distilled. Jack Daniels, supposedly the only legal corn whiskey in the USA, is okay as are most wines. Organic wines are usually less bitter.

All of the Kentucky Bourbons are distilled from a grain mix of at least 51% corm, as is Jack Daniels. Jack Daniels is labeled as whiskey because it is not in the Kentucky Bourbon Region. It's sort of like the only true champaign comes from the Champaign region of France. All other versions from anywhere else is technically sparkling wine.

I think you're right, Dave. My father called it the only legal corn whiskey; but, I looked it up and it also uses barley and a couple other things, distilled. By the way, although it is still made in the USA, I heard that a foreign company bought JD a year or two ago...can't remember who. I have mixed emotions about that; but, we are headed towards a world-wide market. Still, we want to keep as much of it local (USA) as we can. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1