Finally - Fenders for 12" Wheels

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Re: Mounting

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Creamcracker wrote:[How do you recommend them to be mounted? Can one just drill through the inner lip and screw them to the side wall of the trailer? I don't have a great deal of room between the tire and the trailer wall since I am taking the side wall down to cover the trailer frame. Right now I have about 1" between tire and trailer.
Thanks Philip

Yes, you can drill through the fender for mounting. I recommend that you attach them in 5 or more locations. Use a fender welt type of material or 'cap tape' like is used on truck toppers between the sidewall and the fender. Use Fender Washers and a rubber washer with each fastener to distribute the pressure on the fender. With your limited space, you may want to use something thin (1/8" or so) between the fender and the sidewall. If the surface of the sidewall is even, then you should be able to use something like a piece of innertube
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby PaulC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi Kerry, Once you start on the fenders to suit 14" and 15" wheels I'll have a set, thanks. :o
If you get to that point with these I will be interested. Reiner from Aussie teardrop campers has his style and I would like to be able to offer something just a little different.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:06 pm

PaulC wrote:Hi Kerry, Once you start on the fenders to suit 14" and 15" wheels I'll have a set, thanks. :o
If you get to that point with these I will be interested. Reiner from Aussie teardrop campers has his style and I would like to be able to offer something just a little different.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Thanks, Paul.

I might consider that one of these days, but for now it is just the small ones!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:26 am

Yupper Kerry

As Paul said Id be interested then too once they are fort the 14,s ..

Nice work youve done on them..... :thumbsup:

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby toypusher » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Just a reminder. ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT on my special!! Order before midnight EST on the 28th and get a set for $125.00 plus free shipping!!!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 am

I just wanted everyone to know that:

I GUARANTEE my fenders under normal and prudent use. If they break, I will replace them for the cost of shipping plus $10.00 to cover packaging.

NOTE: Things like (but not limited too) running into something with them, dropping heavy objects on them, or trying to lift the teardrop by them. Inproper installation would be another reason not to replace them(I include directions on proper installation with each set). In otherwords, just having them on your teardrop and maybe sitting on them or bumping into them will not harm them.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 pm

One last post to this thread:

You know, I started this project to try to help the teardrop community with something that was needed and missing. While I was struggling to get these developed and available, there sure was a lot of support. That support was truly appreciated, I did not, and still do not expect to make lots of money from this, but they will remain available for those who want a quality product at an honest price. I believe that my product stands on it's own merits, both in quality and aesthetics.

Thanks to all who have encouraged and supported me in this project.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:13 am

I guess that was not the final post.

I no longer make these fenders, but they are still available from Grant at Lil' Bear Tag Alongs: http://www.lilbear.teardrops.net/parts3.html#fenders

I do really appreciate the support give to me and hope that you will now support Grant.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:21 am

Do you or Grant have any other pictures of your 12" fenders installed? Besides this one?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:31 am

I do have some others, but will have to upload them somewhere for you. I have no idea, if Grant has any or not. Let me go find them!

OK, here are some of DaveL's tear:

I know that I have some others, but cannot find them at the moment!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 am

Here's another one belonging to Greg O'Shea:

toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:51 am

Mike,

I also have some different angles of them on my tear.
toypusher
Site Admin

Fenders

Postby sailorpc2 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Hi,
Have you started production on these. Also how cam someone order them?
13"?
Thanks Mike [email protected]
sailorpc2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby grant whipp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:23 am

Hi, Mike (sailorpc2)!

I got the molds from Kerry and am continuing production of those fenders ... you can see them on my website at www.LilBear.teardrops.net/parts3.html#fenders and they are still called Young Tears Fenders. They won't fit 13" wheels/tires, but my own Li'l Bear Standard style fenders will.

Let me know if I can help further, and in the meantime ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Previous

Return to For Sale/Wanted