Vol-N-Tear for Sale

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Vol-N-Tear for Sale

Postby Jim Marshall » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:13 pm

As much as we hate to sell our little teardrop we have no choice. Judy and I built our tear this spring and have camped in it three times and have found out that our physical condition and health prohibits us from getting in and out easily. The ole knees just won't bend good enough any more. Once inside it is wonderful sleeping and there is plenty of room.

You can see our build and finished tear in our photo album. The little Vol-N-Tear is 5 X 8 and is 4 foot tall. It is fully insulated with 1 1/2 inch styrofoam insulation. The cabinets inside the cabin and in the galley are cherry. The new microwave has been used one time and the new hot plate has never been used. It has a 110 hookup with a dedicated ground with a floating common. The little camper has never leaked at all. There is a new 8 inch memory foam queen size mattress that sleeps like a dream. It has new 13 inch tires and rims and the camper has 1,080 miles on it since built this year. It pulls easily with our little Toyota truck with no sway at all. We are asking $6,400.00 for the little tear. Our E-Mail address is [email protected]. If interested please write us. Jim Marshall
I started out with nothing and I still got plenty left.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:42 pm

Jim, hate to hear of the problems with the ol' knees but can certainly sympathize with it...I hope you can find a standy and keep on campin'...I certainly feel that is a fair price for a vey nice and unique tear with the amenities listed...good luck and still hope to meet around the fire one day........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Jim Marshall » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:00 pm

Jack we really appreciate you my friend. We sure do want to meet you and everyone here on the board and sit around the campfire and visit with you. We hope to find a small camper that we can stand up in and haul easily also. Thanks again buddy.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Jim,

What's the thought? Build a standy Escape Hatch, or buy something a little bit bigger like a small Shasta or a Serro Scotty?

Just wondered.

Over here we are thrilled with the Escape Hatch. Our final build is going to be an optimized Escape Hatch. We plan on keeping that.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Jim Marshall » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Mike, as much as I would love to build another one I don't think I will be able, health wise, to build one. We are looking at some type of camper that we can pull with our Toyota truck. We have a 24 foot camper but the little truck won't pull it far, as the truck is kinda old. We would be willing to swap the tear for a larger camper between 16-18 feet of the same value. We love camping and being outside and we dearly love the little tear. We have had so many compliments on it.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:34 am

You need to look for one of those fiberglass trailers that are only about 10' long and can be pulled easily by your Toyota truck. Below is a Boler.

Or look around for an old 13 foot travel. You should be able to find one for under $500 that doesn't require to much work. I picked up the Santa Fe pictured below for free. So they are out there, you just have to look.

P.S. You'll get compliments with those trailers also.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jim Marshall » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 am

Gage, those are something like we are looking for. I really appreciate your help, and thanks for posting the pictures, my friend.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:24 pm

Jim sorry to hear you have to sell your pride and joy...but understandable as it is...and sad all at the same time... hope because you do sell it you,ll still hang around with the great folks here...

As the people suggest .... a bigger trailer will still hopefully keep you camping and enjoying yourself as much as possible...

We wish well...

Heikki And Family :thumbsup:
Last edited by Classic Finn on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Jim Marshall » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:13 pm

Heikki, thank you for your kind words, my friend. You can rest assured that I will still be here every day just like I have been for a long time. I just don't post as much as I use to but I am here. There are many many great and friendly folks on this forum that I still want to meet in person and sit around a campfire with. Without the help of so many here I could have never built the little tear.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby Elumia » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:22 pm

Search Ebay motors, RV's and campers. Filter your search to travel trailers under 16 ft.

While you may not find something to buy, you will get a good idea of what you might want to focus your search on. Also, keep checking craigslist.org. They should have a lisitng for your nearest metro area.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby Jim Marshall » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:34 pm

Thanks Mark, I really do appreciate that suggestion buddy. I will check them out, I didn't know I could refine my search like that.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Return to For Sale/Wanted