WTB street legal minibike

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

WTB street legal minibike

Postby Dave Nathanson » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:20 am

I'd like to buy a mini bike or small motorcycle, but it has to be street legal. I'm about 6' tall, so it can't be too tiny. 4 stroke gasoline. What I really have in mind is a Honda CT70 trail bike with the small but fat tires. I want to ride it off road too. If it was small enough to fit into the back of my Jeep Wrangler, so much the better, but that might be too much to hope for. I will want to take it some of the same places I take the TearDrop trailer, so it needs to either fit inside the Jeep, or maybe on a front bumper rack. I don't know where else it might be able to be carried.

I've looked at the replica CT-70 bikes, and they look really good, but are not street legal in CA at this time. Although I hear they are working on adding some smog stuff to be legal in 6 mo to a year.
http://www.retrobikes.com/ct70/ct70.php

Please let me know if you've got something like this for sale, I'm in Gardena, CA 90249, in the (310) area code. You can email me by clicking the "email" button below.
Last edited by Dave Nathanson on Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:26 am

Those have kinda become cult classics. The price has really gone up on them. You could get a basket case and rebuild it. I think the repro parts fit but I'm not sure. If you look at BobR,s avitar, he has one hanging off the back of his tear.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to For Sale/Wanted