In Search of Vega Rims

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

In Search of Vega Rims

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:00 pm

I am having a hard time locating a set of '71 - '81 Vega rims. 4 on 4" and either 13" or 14" rims. :cry: as well as reasonable priced :D

Anyone in the northwest corner or the piedmont area of North Carolina and even the upstate of South Carolina would be helpful. :twisted:

Any help would appreciated. Just PM or email me. :worship:

Thanks,
Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby john » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:49 pm

When I look for used auto parts I check:

www.car-parts.com
Build I -- Scenic ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8121727@N04/
Goto the Tear Build file

Build II -- Scenic II ---
viewtopic.php?t=29603

Build III -- Scenic Solo---
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50324

Travel Blog----Now without Political Commentary
http://polifrogblog.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -2009.html

The Constitution was ratified, not an interpretation thereof...

Penomeli ikibobo
john
john
500 Club

Postby john » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:59 pm

I just did a search for the vega wheel at car-parts and found nothing. Try searching some other parts like engine, tranni, hood, door, etc. You will likely get some hits. Give them a call and ask. They may have the wheels on some hulk but just not listed them.
Build I -- Scenic ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8121727@N04/
Goto the Tear Build file

Build II -- Scenic II ---
viewtopic.php?t=29603

Build III -- Scenic Solo---
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50324

Travel Blog----Now without Political Commentary
http://polifrogblog.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -2009.html

The Constitution was ratified, not an interpretation thereof...

Penomeli ikibobo
john
john
500 Club

Postby angib » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Is it rims for a Vega, or Vega rims for a trailer, that you want? For a trailer, Dexter do standard pressed steel rims in 13 x 4.5 with 4 on 4", or 5 on 4.5". Low Cost Trailer Supplies list the 5 on 4.5 at $25 each.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Thanks for the link John. I couldn't remember what auto salvage site I went to when I needed a complete drivers side of a Saturn, due to my daughters wreck some years back.

Hey Andrew. I guess I should have explained my needs a little more. The rims are needed for the Runlite trailer. I am keeping the 4 on 4" hubs that came with the HF trailer kit. I just want to change the rims out. I was talking to Chip and he faxed a bolt pattern list to me. It turns out that there are several automotive rims that will fit the 4 on 4" pattern. The only down side to this is that there are only a few cars that used this pattern and they were used in the early to late '70s.

Austin Healy Sprite 72-80
Buick Shyhawk 75-81
Chevrolet Vega 71-81
Jensen-Healy 72-80
Pontiac Sunbird 76-81
Astre 75-77

Carla and I were out and about this afternoon and ran across a junkyard in Wilkesboro,NC. They were closed, but I'll give them a call Monday. All of the junkyards in Charlotte,NC , by law, can't have any junked automobiles over 10 years old. Haven't figured this one out yet.

Thanks again and the search goes on.
Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Kevin A » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:45 pm

"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:06 pm

Hey and thanks Kevin, I have those in My Ebay list. The price is great for me. The only down side to them, is they are a "Pick Up Only" and they are a good 6-7 hours from me.
Anyone in the Atlanta area ( on the Athens side) going to be attending the Myrtle Beach gathering December 2nd? HINT, HINT, WINK, WINK........

Thanks,
Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby kurtibm » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:58 am

If you're "in the money", Stockton Wheel will make some nice 4 on 4 "smoothies" for ya.. give 'em a call - their website is not all-inclusive (nor easily negotiated) but they know their business.

O/W, you might try here > http://p206.ezboard.com/fv8hbodytalkfrm2
If what you're lookin' for is not listed, you might try a "wanted" ad, as I would assume that most folks wouldn't generally list merely TWO wheels if they had them.

kurt
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:31 am

Ross,,, I got a friend or two left in Atlanta,, if ya get em I can get them to greenville and we can work out the rest of the transfer from there,, get the rims and we can make it happen,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:04 am

Hey Kurt,
That's a cool link. I wish there was a group like that, back in the day. My wife had a Chevy Monza. A friend of mine's dad owned a garaged and he used to build semi-modifided race engines for the dirt track circuit around the Charlotte area. :twisted: It didn't take long before I blew the 283 short block....doing a little racing down a well known stretch of Wilkinson Blvd, between Charlotte and Gastonia NC. :x :cry: Sold it to another friend of mine, who was planning to drop in a V8. I never knew what happened to the Ole Monzilla. :roll:

I do thank ya Chip. I sent him an email a minute ago, just want to double check that there won't be any kind of a problem in having someone else pick them up. As well as not really knowing when they will be picked up.

I even thought about asking Jim if he could possible pick them up for me. The only down side to that, is I won't see him until the Little Talbot gathering in February 2006.

I guess this is the time you hope that you still have a few friends out there :roll: :lol:

Thanks again Chip and thanks for the link Kurt,
Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby kurtibm » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:10 am

Ross Wade wrote:Hey Kurt,
That's a cool link. I wish there was a group like that, back in the day. My wife had a Chevy Monza. ,
Ross

I, too, had a (factory vee-eight) Monza back in about 78 or 79 - it wasn't that quick, but was still pretty fun.

Also, merely because the eBay seller won't ship, doesn't mean that the wheels can't BE shipped. Maybe someone near the wheels would take them to the post office & ship them, or, better yet, try Greyhound..... they'll likely take them w/o boxes, or even if they require them, they are generally much cheaper that UPS or USPS. (just my Image
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Postby Bentley » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:30 am

Ross, Bentley here. Did you ever find your vega rims. There is a large old junk yard near my house that may have some. I will be glad to go hike around it to find out. Shipping will not be a problem since I am not to far from you, if they have any. Let me know.
Bentley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:20 am

Thanks Bentley but I did find a set. I got them off of ebay from a guy in Indiana and they came off of his drag car. The tires only had about ten 1/4 mile runs on them :lol: :D

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to For Sale/Wanted