Looking for a teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Re: Looking for a teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer

Postby SheCamps » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Did you look into the canvas/soft top tear drops, David? I can post a manufacturer's website if you'd like- I believe they were under 5K.

(Funny you mention "Senior Prom"... I announce my departure from a party or a room by saying "I'm off like a prom dress")
SheCamps
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 am

Ned B wrote:No, not yet, expect I'll have it by April or so. I'll get the cabinetry, and such cut and ready before I pick it up. Possibly even the floor and framing. I have the foam on hand , and the canvas will be easy to pick up.

I would love to watch your build
David Medici
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:12 am

SheCamps wrote:Did you look into the canvas/soft top tear drops, David? I can post a manufacturer's website if you'd like- I believe they were under 5K.

(Funny you mention "Senior Prom"... I announce my departure from a party or a room by saying "I'm off like a prom dress")

Hello SheCamps - Please post those links for the canvas/soft top teardrops, and maybe we can see if they are off like a prom dress. :shock:

David
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby SheCamps » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:38 am

Ha! Here's the company (and its only an inch, depending on the map, from you in Georgia): http://www.teardrop-campers.com

I wasn't crazed about the convertible top but you my be. I hope you find your camper in time for summer!
SheCamps
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ned B » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:48 am

Adirondackersouth wrote:
Ned B wrote:No, not yet, expect I'll have it by April or so. I'll get the cabinetry, and such cut and ready before I pick it up. Possibly even the floor and framing. I have the foam on hand , and the canvas will be easy to pick up.

I've got a thread In Foamieland titled sleep platform
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456066126.060069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456066126.060069.jpg (27 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:53 am

Ned B wrote:
Adirondackersouth wrote:

I've got a thread In Foamieland titled sleep platform
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456066126.060069.jpg

Nice!
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 am

David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby tinycampercompany » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:44 pm

I have one that I just built that is under 1300 LBS.

Stand up Canned Ham/ Teardrop Trailer with no galley

Joe
Attachments
12718377_1704732616453114_6685893600151245258_n.jpg
12718377_1704732616453114_6685893600151245258_n.jpg (66.03 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
tinycampercompany
Teardrop Inspector

Where oh where has those teardrops gone, where oh where can

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:51 am

The most frustrating thing to me is to be at the starting gate waiting for the right conditions, right price, right distances, best weather to travel and see and maybe pick up a teardrop or canned ham, and not even having a decent inventory in the Mid-South to choose from. I can feel my faith in camper obtainment slipping away in dribs and drabs, and I don't like it one bit, not one bit.

At least once a day or more I will go through my now familiar routine of hitting my local Craigslist looking for just the right combination of all the above, then searching out surrounding States, then searching in New York and New England failing miserably. Then I go to eBay with the same result, with this happening much faster. If I want back up lights, fenders or adhesive and carpet for my homemade teardrop life is good. Key chains, Christmas tree ornaments, or T shirts are more the fair on EBay rather than a real camper that fits my criteria. I am almost at near to utter failure and shaking my head from side to side almost cursing the day I thought I could buy one of these things.

Then I just collapse my desires and jump on T&TTT and cruise the forum looking for new things, and maybe a new teardrop for sale. Because the forum has teardrop adds from 1-2 years ago still up, I am wary of any of the older ones from my experience of contacting said "poster/seller" and hearing nothing. Once sold I guess they don't like to clear the table. Undaunted I soldier on looking twice daily for a glimmer of goodness.

Is there a season for teardrop sales? If so is it coming up? I don't want to tent 6 weeks this summer if I can help it.

David
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Ned B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:57 pm

David... Hate to put it exactly this way, but it may be your criteria needs adjustment? Either that or you need to be patient in your search? The market pricing on a trailer is going to be fairly steady, and if you think about the 'season' and pricing the demand is going up as the season approaches.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SheCamps » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:16 am

Hey David- have you checked out http://www.theteardroptrailer.com/#!trailers/c12vs

With the weak(ish) Canadian dollar, trailers start at 3,700.00. I've emailed with the owner and he is excellent about responding.

Have you thought about renting a teardrop for your summer vacation and then save all year to buy in 2017 (unless your purchase price cap is based on principle rather than current finances). I hope prices drop at the end of this summer- that's my time of purchase target. Until then, it's another vacation in a tent.

Keep the faith!

Your sister from another mister...
SheCamps
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:54 pm

SheCamps wrote:Hey David- have you checked out http://www.theteardroptrailer.com/#!trailers/c12vs

With the weak(ish) Canadian dollar, trailers start at 3,700.00. I've emailed with the owner and he is excellent about responding.

Have you thought about renting a teardrop for your summer vacation and then save all year to buy in 2017 (unless your purchase price cap is based on principle rather than current finances). I hope prices drop at the end of this summer- that's my time of purchase target. Until then, it's another vacation in a tent.

Keep the faith!d

Hello Sister from another Mister -
I have no doubt that has gas prices seem to continue to stay low, some companies in order to sell there teardrops will have to lower prices. My delio is price and cost. I have principals but my wallet is very thin. I did however check out the company before and thought they were pretty nifty,
David
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Adirondackersouth » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:07 am

Adirondackersouth wrote:
SheCamps wrote:Hey David- have you checked out http://www.theteardroptrailer.com/#!trailers/c12vs

Keep the faith!d

I have no doubt that has gas prices seem to continue to stay low, some companies in order to sell there teardrops will have to lower prices. My delio is price and cost. I have principals but my wallet is very thin. I did however check out the company before and thought they were pretty nifty,
David

Keeping the Faith! part II

I contacted the company in Canada and custom designed a teardrop and requested shipping to see what the total price was. I pre-ordered the 6x8 Sliver bullet with solar, inverter with plastic fenders and some extra goodies and delivery. They quote came back overnight and it wasn't unreasonable, but they are back ordered through July. The exchange rate felt like a huge discount, which I guess it is in a way with the US dollar. Tenting is cheaper bit not as convenient. Ultimately sleeping in a bed is not a bad thing at all. This is coming from the mouth of a guy who preferred to sleep on the ground to a cot, and a sleeping back to blankets while camping oh since time in memorial. I think the difference is some back issues and the idea that since I have done now over 8, month long plus trips in the past 10 years and most of those camping, putting up and taking down tents setting up camp is part of the fun but my back for the past two years has had less fun then the rest of me. So teardropping (verb) seems a good alternative and this Canadian company seems real legit. Are you going for it? :thumbsup:
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Adirondackersouth » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:07 am

Adirondackersouth wrote:

Keep the faith!d

David

Keeping the Faith! part II

I contacted the company in Canada and custom designed a teardrop and requested shipping to see what the total price was. I pre-ordered the 6x8 Sliver bullet with solar, inverter with plastic fenders and some extra goodies and delivery. They quote came back overnight and it wasn't unreasonable, but they are back ordered through July. The exchange rate felt like a huge discount, which I guess it is in a way with the US dollar. Tenting is cheaper bit not as convenient. Ultimately sleeping in a bed is not a bad thing at all. This is coming from the mouth of a guy who preferred to sleep on the ground to a cot, and a sleeping back to blankets while camping oh since time in memorial. I think the difference is some back issues and the idea that since I have done now over 8, month long plus trips in the past 10 years and most of those camping, putting up and taking down tents setting up camp is part of the fun but my back for the past two years has had less fun then the rest of me. So teardropping (verb) seems a good alternative and this Canadian company seems real legit. Are you going for it? :thumbsup:
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby SheCamps » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:12 am

He would arrange shipping for you? Was there a quote on the cost? That was my biggest concern- getting the camper from Canada to the US.

I've camped my entire life in the greater New England area and have seen exactly 1 teardrop camper in all those summers. I truly believe there's a huge (or as Trump would say "HUUUUUGGGGEEE"} potential market for teardrops in this part of the country. A manufacturer needs to provide me with a teardrop so I can be their salesperson!

A gal can dream...
SheCamps
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale/Wanted