Great Condition '96 Wells Cargo 20'x7.5' - $3,000 - Indiana

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Great Condition '96 Wells Cargo 20'x7.5' - $3,000 - Indiana

Postby iambucket » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Hey all,

I'm selling a 1996 Wells Cargo 20'x7.5', about 45 minutes NE of Indianapolis, for $3,000. I found it on CL last week and bought it with the intention to turn it into my mobile home. The reason I've decided to sell it already is that I realized that it is bigger than what I want. It's a well-constructed blank slate in great shape that somebody could really do a lot with. However, I do urge you to only buy it if it's the size you really want. I wanted something smaller and bought it because it was in such good condition, had some extras built in, and was much cheaper than a new Wells Cargo, which is a quality brand. All of that is good, but ultimately it's not what I want. I don't want somebody else to pick this up and then end up wishing they had kept looking for what they wanted.

On the other hand, there are some of you on the forum who say a 20 footer is your ideal size. If that's you, then this is a great trailer. In my research of what trailer to get, I came across many brands that had mixed reviews, but Wells Cargo had overwhelming positive ones. They are built well and last. This particular one was owned by his small construction business. However, it was not used to haul equipment. It was their portable office trailer, hence its AC/Heater, lights, wiring, plugs and fuze box.The many who sold it to me was the original owner of the trailer as well as the owner of the construction business. He has since retired and had no further use for the trailer.

It has:

Aluminum sides
6'6" Interior height
Tandem Axle
Bearing Buddies
Roof AC/Heater
Plywood Interior
Wired lights, plugs, fuze box
110 V Shore Plug
Newer Battery
Clean Title

I urge you to have a half-ton minimum to pull this. I don't know its weight though a 20'x8' 2017 model is 2,660#. I'd imagine it's slightly heavier since it's older. Even if your car is rated to tow well over what would be a high-end estimate of this trailer's weight, say 4,000#, you'll probably want at least a half-ton because cargo trailers are not as aerodynamic as travel trailers. You might have the towing capacity to pull this, but you want to make sure your truck has some mass to it as well because it's different than pulling an airstream. My friend picked it up in his Silverado 1500 and it did fine it flat Indiana. I wouldn't want to go any smaller but I'm a very safe person.

I think this trailer is great for anybody meeting those two caveats: wants a 20 footer and has a 1'2 ton or bigger. I did want to be upfront about who it is and isn't right for. But assuming you're in the "is" category I'd feel great for both of us if you were able to get this.

I'm currently unable to link my Imgur pictures to this post so I'll include my Craigslist post so you can see the pictures:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tro/6092843920.html
iambucket
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted