SOLD: Custom 6x11 popup trailer

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

SOLD: Custom 6x11 popup trailer

Postby myoung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:42 pm

My trailer, affectionately known as the "Teardrop Shipping Crate," is now being offered for sale at a reduced price of $6,900.

Basic measurements are 6x11 with about 5'-6' headroom weighing a little over 1,400 pounds. The tongue weight great enough to preclude jacks. The popup driven by a linear actuator increases the headroom, ventilation, and even visibility if you are tall enough. This and other features of the trailer are patterned on our old VW Westfalia Camper.

The details are too numerous to mention here, but the link to the build thread below will give you more than enough insight into the design, construction, and use of the trailer.

We now live in California on the Central Coast in the town of Nipomo and would welcome inspection from anyone interested. Also, I would be happy to deliver the trailer anywhere in CA, AZ, or NV or perhaps to some place where we could pass the "Teardrop Shipping Crate" to begin the next phase of its journey.

BTW, we are selling because we have a new, old trailer that we are actively using for new adventures.
Attachments
pic08.jpeg
Before the accent stripe...
pic08.jpeg (172.96 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
MyTTTi_CA copy.jpg
Current look...
MyTTTi_CA copy.jpg (42.16 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Re: SOLD: Custom 6x11 popup trailer

Postby myoung » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 pm

We are very happy to have found a terrific young couple in Bakersfield, CA. We wish them good travels and many happy times.

Sad to see our creation, designed and built with considerable input from interested and thoughtful members of this forum and neighbors and especially my father, head down the road. But, we are happy to see that the new owners appreciate what has been done and intend to use the trailer to spend more time in the great outdoors available to us in California and elsewhere in the West. Bon voyage.
Mike Young
myoung
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Congrats on your sale, Mike! It is a beautiful trailer and I hope the new owners appreciate all you did.
I hope to see you again "down the road".
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kerntuber » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am

Thank you again Mike for the wonderful trailer.

We have used it 5 times already and the wife has more lined up. We will be over in your area again this weekend at Pismo.

Keep the weather nice for us.

Scott
Kerntuber
Teardrop Inspector

Postby myoung » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:50 am

Scott,

Thanks for the comments. Glad that you are getting out and about so much. That's what we like to do and having a shelter to bring along adds to the enjoyment.

Have you replaced the converter?

Should be good weather on the weekend, but somewhat cool in the mornings. Rain coming on Monday.

We are heading to Chicago, so won't be around to say hello.

Cheers,
Mike Young
myoung
500 Club

Postby Kerntuber » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Mike,

Yes I sent you a personal message or direct message to your account here regarding the power center. It ended up being the number 4 fuse that needed to be a 30 amp as opposed to the 15 amp. I did end up going through and rewiring everything and adding a 30/20 amp breaker before I was able to get in touch with the WFCO support manager who suggested replacing the fuse. Lots of work for not much gain, but gave me some added insight of the inner workings, so not all bad. Have fun on your trip.

Side note, we stumbled into the daughter of one of my golf buddies that has a large group that runs around the western US camping. They have all packed it up for the winter, but this Spring should be interesting.

Scott
Kerntuber
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted