4x8 Semi off road camper

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

4x8 Semi off road camper

Postby Camp4 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Hello
I have a home built 4x8 Camper that I made this season.I call it semi offroad due to the tires. If you changed out the fenders and rims and tires, added a swivel hitch, you would be set. I restored three vintage campers in the past, so with that knowledge, I wanted to build something that doesn't need a power hookup. I've found many times going camping if ya don't have a reservation, forget it. Well this camper is different. It is more basic, but sometimes less is more. I would call it a great spring and fall camper (no air). It is built on a fully welded Teske frame. I used ACP panels and laminated them to 1/2 sanded plywood. The front is 1/8 diamond plate. Lippert windows, and rear door with locks and screen door.The floor is 1/4" HDPE. I did it in plastic due to wet and muddy feet and a surface that is easy to clean. LED lighting inside and out. The pull out kitchen rides on slides that are rated to 500#. They glide smooth, and i'm glad I put them in.The rest of the frame is epoxy primed and powdercoated then every seam sealed with proflex. The tires are 185/75-13. 2" ball. The bed/couch is memory foam. You can make food inside or outside depending on the weather. The awning is 6'6"x 8' and works great! Many extras come with it. I also have a link to a very non professional video on utube if interested. I'm located in SW Wisconsin. $4800.00 obo Thanks for looking! :D [youtube]https://youtu.be/Uz_Pi7N2Dpo[/youtube]
Camp4
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 4x8 Semi off road camper

Postby Camp4 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Having trouble posting pics on here. Any advice? Thanks much!
Camp4
Teardrop Inspector

Postby travelon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:19 pm

What is included in the slide-out kitchen? thanks
travelon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby trfkcop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I checked out your YouTube video. Pretty nice setup.
trfkcop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Camp4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am

trfkcop wrote:I checked out your YouTube video. Pretty nice setup.

Thank you! It was a fun project!
Camp4
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Camp4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 am

I was able to resize some pictures and post them to an album if anyone would like to see the little camper. Thanks!
Camp4
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted