"Woody" Teardrop For Sale

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

"Woody" Teardrop For Sale

Postby mikerueve » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 am

Well, the time has come for us to sell our Teardrop. We aren’t getting out of tiny trailer camping, but it’s time for us to “upgrade” to something just a little bit bigger with a functional bathroom and area we can sit in to cool off on those hot deep-south summer days. I wanted to try to sell it here first because we’ve really enjoyed the little girl the past few years, and hope to send her off to a new home where she will be appreciated and loved as much as we have.

She was bought as our 25th wedding anniversary to ourselves. She then travelled from Birmingham to Chicago and then the entire length of Route 66 to Santa Monica for our second honeymoon. Since then she has been to Colorado and Utah (twice) and countless trips in the south-east.

Enough about us. The trailer was constructed by Teddybear teardrops on a Northern Tool 5 X 8 Ironton trailer. She is constructed with ¾ inch sides of marine grade plywood. She has an inverter to allow for connection to shore power or to utilize the battery in the front storage box. The top is constructed using white aluminum. There is a full galley with electrical. Inside the cabin is a vent with a fantastic fan. I have never weighed the trailer, but would estimate it to be a little more than a thousand pounds. I can pick up the tongue and move the trailer around, but it’s a chore. We travelled extensively pulling it with my MINI Cooper and the car pulled it very nicely. She has never leaked and is still watertight. The trailer has been stored in our garage when not in use. The tail lights are copies of Ford Model A brake lights and function perfectly through a four-pin connector. The windows are designed to be used for small storage buildings and have removeable screens. They slide up to half open or can be slightly cracked for ventilation. I utilized one of them to run a “jerry-rigged” air conditioner system when we were camping in the Summer.

Overall, I would rate the trailer in excellent condition as evidenced by the pictures. She does have one problem area that I was going to address this year before we decided to sell it. When we were having the trailer built, we were asked if we wanted aluminum or bendable plywood on the hatch. We chose the wood for aesthetics. The bendable plywood that was used has absorbed some moisture and needs to be replaced, or re-sealed. You can see this in the picture of the trailer with the hatch closed. I was considering replacing it with another piece of aluminum. Other than that, the rest of the wood is in great condition and as I said, there has been no water intrusion at all in any other area.

We are asking $6250.00 for the trailer but will consider reasonable offers. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or if you would like higher resolution pictures.
152905152904152903152902152900152901152899152897152896152895152894152893152892152907
mikerueve
Teardrop Advisor

Return to For Sale/Wanted