For Sale - Clamshell, 5-1/2 x 8 foot

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

For Sale - Clamshell, 5-1/2 x 8 foot

Postby handyhusband01 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:56 am

Inspired by the clam shell Tiny Campers on the TNTTT website I reversed engineered a brilliant 4 X 8 design (See double view picture in the CL ad) but making it wider to 5-1/2 by 8 foot.

I chose the clamshell design because I wanted to be able to stand up and cook on occasion inside unlike Teardrop Campers. Another plus is to tow out of the wind stream by my Sonic and be able store in the garage.

The camper is bolted on the larger Harbor Freight 5 lug, 4 x 8 folding trailer.

As built it weighs in at 740 pounds. Trailer rated 1980 pounds on the registration.

The trailer frame was modified by adding a center beam and moving the trailer leveler to that center beam. The center beam negates the folding feature and stiffens the A-frame 2” receiver.

Camper body framing is 2x2, 3 and 4’s.

The camper body is screwed and glued together 3/8” side walls. ½” front and back, ¾” floor.

The tilt roof has a glued wood frame with a metal top. Gas shocks help with tilting the roof up.

There are removable wooden sections on the back for the Dutch door and upper wall that you install with the roof up to make it a lockable camper.

For stealth camping - you can also access the inside through the lower door with the roof down

But wait – there’s more -

You wouldn’t just be buying this just to camp in.

Besides using it as a camper you can unbolt the back wall for a solid wall enclosed utility trailer.

You can also remove the roof easily by removing 2 pins and lifting it off for an open utility trailer.

Unbolt it for a deer stand, hunter shack or ice fishing shanty.

So -

All the hard stuff is done, it’s never been camped in, just needs your touch to finish.

A little paint inside, a bed, and a shelf for your camp stove.

The trailer registration is current.

Asking price is $2300.

Call or text: Five-8-five – 3 – two - 9 – sixteen 09.

See Craigslist ad. Rochester, NY, https://rochester.craigslist.org/tro/d/ ... 72244.html

Please excuse as this is the first time posting here and I couldn't get pictures to copy in.
handyhusband01
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted