Decided to sell my underconstruction teardrop....

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Decided to sell my underconstruction teardrop....

Postby 1FATGMC » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:22 pm

I started building this teardrop about 3 years ago to pull behind our jeep on and off road. Then a divorce happened, sold my house and workshop and spent 2 years building a New House/workshop. I've also remarried and my needs have changed. I want to build a very short 5th wheel camp trailer and also a race car for B'ville. I still have my Pop-top teardrop. and won't be selling it so we will still have and use a teardrop.

So I'm going to put my partially completed teardrop up for sale and leave it up for sale for a while until I need some metal for the 5th wheel camp trailer or race car. If it isn't sold by then I'll cut it up and use the metal on one of those projects.

Right now the trailer is in the stage shown on the last page of the construction pictures which start HERE. The 2000 lb. axle is designed to mount either above or below the 2000 lb. springs to vary ground clearance depending on if you use a smaller 14" tire/wheel or a larger 15 " tire/wheel combination. In the picture above and the last ones on the site the axle is in the postion for the 14" tires and wheels, but 15" ones are mounted (ford 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern). The way it is it looks as if there isn't much tire clearance, but if the axle was "flipped" like it should be with these tires/wheels there would be plenty.

I am somewhat flexible on how I sell this trailer and would consider selling it without the 15" tires and wheels. The asking price as shown is $995.00 with the tires and wheels, which are new. Right now all of the frame is finished welded, but the body sides are all tack welded. I would like to talk to the buyer and we can make a decision if they should be finished welded and that would not cost extra as it wouldn't take long.

The side of the trailer can be covered with one 4 X 10 piece of steel, aluminum or wood, your choice. The top is a different matter. The top is about 62 inches wide outside to outside so there will be some possible material waste on covering it. I wanted it as big as possible inside for extended trips. This trailer has a lot of interior room and yet is no wider than a Jeep, tire to tire, if you want to pull it off road on narrow roads. It is tough so it will take normal off-road abuse.

I was going to install an inside kitchen up front with a full length bed behind it with a small space between the two for your legs and feet while sitting on the front of the bed, but at this stage it could be converted to a traditional outside hatch/kitchen in the back.

I would also do some additional welding/construction of roof crossmembers for someone for a very small additional price.

I'm open to questions and correspondance about the trailer, but the price is a "firm" $995.00 so if you aren't sincerely interested at that price please don't contact me.

You can PM me.

You can write me at:

Sumner Patterson
790 S. Main (78-11)
Blanding, Ut 84511

or call me: (435) 678-3620 (my store number)

c ya, Sum

Construction pictures of the teardrop that is for sale.
1FATGMC
Teardrop Builder

Return to For Sale/Wanted